Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

Regarding North Star jerseys, I have also had some issues communicating with Josh, and I am getting a little worried about it.  I'm not going to go into the details, but I have had a large jersey order with him for over a year.  I understand that it takes quite a while with any company that does customization, especially a large order.  For the most part, he's been very good about returning emails.  When he doesn't within a week, I resend the email, and he replies.  The last time I tired emailing him was about a month ago, and he did respond, 'I will have your stuff to you prior to Christmas, I promise you that.'  He seems to have a problem with saying that orders will be ready by a given date, as I've been told my order would be completed several times before.  The work he does is great, I did have one jersey completed and sent to me in late 2019, and his Instagram feed shows great jerseys (he hasn't updated that or Facebook in a few months, though).  And don't get me wrong, from emailing him back and forth over the last year or so, Josh seems like great guy to me.  So, probably like you, I'm in a bit of a quandary as to what to do, if anything, at least for now.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always got the feeling he was a one-man show. Is it actually a larger company and he is just the contact person? If it’s just him it sounds like he’s gotten in over his head. 

51 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I always got the feeling he was a one-man show. Is it actually a larger company and he is just the contact person? If it’s just him it sounds like he’s gotten in over his head. 

Yes, I believe you are correct, I think it's just him.  And I think he also has another full-time job.  I dunno, maybe part of it is that he is very particular about making sure that the customizations he does are 100% accurate (which you can see examples of on his Instagram).  If he is getting swamped, or if another job is taking more of his time, which I think at least one of is true, I feel for him.  That's what I mean about not knowing how to handle it, I don't want to be a raving jerk about it, but I would like to get my jerseys back.

The last email I got from Josh at NSJ in December, he told me he hired someone to help. Obviously nothing has changed. I do know this is basically a business in the basement for him, so I'm trying really hard to be graceful and lenient with my rising displeasure. I am a patient guy... when I'm given honest and accurate information, and my attempts to communicate when you have 5 of my jerseys (a lot of you send a lot more than 5 at a time), get answered in a timely manner. With having to send multiple messages in more than one way (usually a few emails and Facebook messages) to get attention and being the second time I've been told I would have an 8-week turnaround that's turned into 6+ months, my patience is razor thin. I'm at the point where if work hasn't actually started on my jerseys, I just want to send him the cost to ship the box back to me.... I just need to hear from him. 

To add to the above, I concur that Josh is in over his head at NSJ. Putting 2+2 together, he got a ton of our business around the time Keener raised his prices. That's another reason why I'm trying hard to not get mad, but that gets more difficult the more time that passes without response.

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

I'm at the point where if work hasn't actually started on my jerseys, I just want to send him the cost to ship the box back to me.... I just need to hear from him

I've been told that my order would ship next week. Unfortunately, that was in November and the last I have heard from Josh. 

Not to NSJ or Josh in particular (I've never dealt with them), but I would much rather a company tell me "hey, we're swamped, it will probably be 6 more months", rather than empty promises or dates not met, or not responding.  I've worked a number of jobs where I've been "in the weeds", and I think honesty goes a long way.  

Especially since I think most of us are already resigned to long timelines on our jerseys from day one.

Edited by LetsGoCaps

I usually think that trashing someone publicly is a last resort, but maybe it warrants a post in the Authentic or Bad Jersey Trader/Seller group? Maybe a simple, “Has anyone heard from Josh at North Star Jerseys recently?” To get a conversation going. Might light a fire under him to respond to emails in a more timely fashion. 

Edited by jsh139

I heard from Josh this morning after yet another email last night. He did apologize and told me my jerseys would be shipped by the end of next week. My response included a date of expectation by which I will have received an invoice, paid for the work and received a tracking number. We'll see how that goes.

Van67 - Good idea to ask for a tracking number.  Going from personal experience, if you don't get a tracking number right away, insist on it.  Could you please let us know how this progresses, as it will probably affect what I do regarding my order?

Getting a tracking number is never really in question with the various customizers we use. I just expressed an expectation to receive it by a certain date, hoping to hold him to his word of "end of next week". Time will tell.

34 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Getting a tracking number is never really in question with the various customizers we use. I just expressed an expectation to receive it by a certain date, hoping to hold him to his word of "end of next week". Time will tell.

All I am saying is that, when dealing with North Star and Josh, getting a tracking number is in question.  I can confirm this from personal experience with him.

35 minutes ago, Mark7912 said:

All I am saying is that, when dealing with North Star and Josh, getting a tracking number is in question.  I can confirm this from personal experience with him.

Fair enough, but I haven't had that with prior experience with NSJ. My communication issues with Josh have only been recently.