Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

mfitz804

Has anyone had an old Reebok edge Flyers jersey customized by Philly Express recently? A buddy living in Florida asked me to have an edge 2.0 customized for him. I called the NE Philly Skatezone and they said Philly Express could handle it but has anyone here recently had a non - current jersey customized by them? 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had one customized by them recently.  But, be aware that they changed from layered to kiss-cut numbers with the introduction of Adidas jerseys in 2017.  So, you'll need to be sure you ask for them to make them layered for a 2.0.

Which style, BTW?  Current looking home orange/road white?  Or, old home/third black/road white?

11 hours ago, thk25 said:

Thanks man. It is the current looking road white.

Cool. I would think they would be able to do it to spec. Just need to specify you want layered numbers. 

If you had said the older white or black you’d probably be out of luck as I wouldn’t trust them to do the font properly since they weren’t the original customizers at that time.

Keener just sent out the official announcement.  Just says they are putting it on hold.  So, hopefully it's just a temporary thing.  Maybe they'll do this every year going forward?

Hey everyone!

We pride ourselves on always delivering quality craftsmanship along with on-time and accurate service. With the hockey season upon us, our production volumes are higher than normal.

To ensure we continue to deliver the highest quality service to our clients, we are putting our individual pro jersey customization services on hold until March 2020.   

Thank you for understanding and enjoy the great season ahead. Game On!

On Your Team! 

Keener and Jason

Have Questions? 

What if your jersey is already sent to us? We've got your back and will take care of you, but please don’t send any more until March 2020. That’s only a few months away but the wait will be worth it. If you have further questions please send us an email to info@keenerjerseys.com, or respond directly to this email. 

Edited by jsh139

Heh, I didn't get on the announcement list, and I even have jerseys there right now. 

I still think your last comment is the most likely scenario.  Squeezing in the customer orders has to slow down the assembly-line type stuff.  Did you see that stack of Preds numbers?  That must have been enough to do 10 Dudes* worth of jerseys.

* Defined as 20 jerseys, or the typical order The Dude Abides sends to Keener.

7 hours ago, furiousd said:

Heh, I didn't get on the announcement list, and I even have jerseys there right now. 

I still think your last comment is the most likely scenario.  Squeezing in the customer orders has to slow down the assembly-line type stuff.  Did you see that stack of Preds numbers?  That must have been enough to do 10 Dudes* worth of jerseys.

* Defined as 20 jerseys, or the typical order The Dude Abides sends to Keener.

Yeah, their business is probably just taking off and they don’t want to harm that with slowdowns of small potatoes stuff. They’ve got a lot of teams to do. I follow the Green Bay Gamblers and I noticed the other day their jerseys have the KJ logo on the back. So I guess they’re getting into USHL teams now. Good for them. 

For anyone who got a last minute order in with Keener looks like the wait is going to be a little longer than normal. I sent an order Sept 10 that was just invoiced so 6 weeks for invoice, and likely a bit of a wait yet for finished product.

7 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

For anyone who got a last minute order in with Keener looks like the wait is going to be a little longer than normal. I sent an order Sept 10 that was just invoiced so 6 weeks for invoice, and likely a bit of a wait yet for finished product.

They received my order at the US shipping address on August 24, invoice was paid 5 weeks ago.  Haven’t heard anything yet, but hopefully it won’t be much longer until I get a shipping notification.

9 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

They received my order at the US shipping address on August 24, invoice was paid 5 weeks ago.  Haven’t heard anything yet, but hopefully it won’t be much longer until I get a shipping notification.

Jsh139s order came back to him pretty quick after he paid, I want to say 3 weeks. So I doubt it will be much longer for you.

I swear, this never fails.  Whenever I make a post somewhere about when an order of mine might get done, I get a shipping notice around an hour after!  Lol.

Haha, awesome!  Look forward to seeing this order of yours now. 

And at least if yours are coming 5 weeks after payment, I should see my order before Christmas.

20 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I swear, this never fails.  Whenever I make a post somewhere about when an order of mine might get done, I get a shipping notice around an hour after!  Lol.

OK.  Let's see if it works for me.  I've been waiting almost 12 weeks for a 3 jersey order from EPS. 

It'll be freaky if I get the invoice now.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

They’re watching 👀 

Edited by jsh139

8 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

OK.  Let's see if it works for me.  I've been waiting almost 12 weeks for a 3 jersey order from EPS. 

I wouldn't hold my breath... I've had an order with them 20 weeks for a couple nameplates.  Since June 10.  I did email for a second time about it today though and Josh said it's complete and will likely be invoiced in the next few days. Hopefully you're not waiting much longer.

7 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath... I've had an order with them 20 weeks for a couple nameplates.  Since June 10.  I did email for a second time about it today though and Josh said it's complete and will likely be invoiced in the next few days. Hopefully you're not waiting much longer.

That’s an abnormally long wait, even for EPS. I had two orders submitted around that same time and they came weeks ago; I even had a July order come in already. 

I’d say it was because they were only nameplates and they did full customizations first because they make more money. But I don’t think so. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s an abnormally long wait, even for EPS. I had two orders submitted around that same time and they came weeks ago; I even had a July order come in already. 

I’d say it was because they were only nameplates and they did full customizations first because they make more money. But I don’t think so. 

Yeah, who knows.  As soon as I emailed Josh he was on it.  He just emailed the invoice minutes ago and I paid.  Should finally see them soon.  The first few times I used EPS the waits were half as long or less.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll be pleased with the work anyway.

I was trying to get a shipping update on my jersey order from Triple Threat Sports and received this:

Hello

I'm sorry to inform you that Chris has been hospitalized since 10-21-19 and has been unable to communicate by telephone or e-mail. He can address all issues and inquiries upon his return. Thank you for your patience.

-Denora

On a side note Hows everyone's experiences with TTT just curious?

On 10/23/2019 at 12:39 PM, LetsGoCaps said:

I can confirm, one week later, that I don't have the @LAK74 magic.

Although Josh has confirmed that they have 2 of 3 jerseys finished, and only are working on the LV Wranglers jersey......and it should be done "soon".

5 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

I can confirm, one week later, that I don't have the @LAK74 magic.

Although Josh has confirmed that they have 2 of 3 jerseys finished, and only are working on the LV Wranglers jersey......and it should be done "soon".

“Soon” is a pretty good update from them. I’ve inquired before only to be told “it’s not done” with no additional information. 

I know it's not typical but my order with EPS took 21 weeks to complete, but I got it today and all I can say is it was well worth the wait, the work is beyond fantastic!  It was only 2 nameplates but they're pretty rare jerseys and therefore a material match has proven tough to find.  For instance, I had the 1985 North Stars sitting with Keener for a year at one point and he was unable to find matching green mesh nameplate material. No fault of Keener's, he used his last stash of it on my 87 North Stars just prior. But needless to say it's been a long time coming and it's finally done perfectly.  I'll put up before and after pics tomorrow when I can get some better lighting for photos. 

I'll say I'm probably not the best example of their wait time obviously, but I'm very happy with the way it was handled when I did inquire.  The first time I inquired they said it would be a week or so.  So a month or so later I messaged again and they had it out the door and on the way that morning.  Came quick to me up North too. 

Edited by JJM4

On 10/15/2019 at 4:57 PM, CYI3ERPUNK said:

Glad they’re not shutting down for good, EPS turnaround time is horrible.

During the season it will be much slower due to the high volume of jerseys they receive. But hey, be patient. Send your jerseys in and just live life. :-)

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2019 at 4:33 PM, Pavy Fan said:

I was trying to get a shipping update on my jersey order from Triple Threat Sports and received this:

Hello

I'm sorry to inform you that Chris has been hospitalized since 10-21-19 and has been unable to communicate by telephone or e-mail. He can address all issues and inquiries upon his return. Thank you for your patience.

-Denora

On a side note Hows everyone's experiences with TTT just curious?

AN UPDATE:

Still haven't received my jerseys sadly as they are not replying to my various emails guess I'm too nice , I'm out $250 dont really know what steps I should take now with them

On Bright Side if you live near California or near it I would recommend  Roger Hovey at Sports Fan Sewing   sportsfansewing@san.rr.com
He's One Man Show but is a good listener and open to any small detail you need or want and pricing is fair