Avs Adidas Team Issued MiC vs Adidas Indo Retail Authentic

hodkurtz

13 hours ago, hodkurtz said:

I think the real question that I can’t find an answer to is whether or not adidas is going to opt to sell the MiC versions in retail this year, in the same way that Reebok did in the second year following the release of the Edge series, after they only sold the Indo-Authentics in retail the first year?

This is not entirely correct.  The Canadian made reebok edge 1.0 jerseys were available from day one.  There was no "indo-edge" at that time, you could either buy the premiere jersey or the 1.0.  Teams started switching to 2.0 jerseys shortly into the 07-08 season and THOSE were the ones that weren't sold at retail.  After a few years Reebok started selling the indo-edge jersey at retail but by then although not officially sold at retail 2.0's already started to trickle into the market from team overstock and sellers like JB.  Then after that, I want to say around the 14-15 season 2.0's finally made it to retail.

MIC adidas jerseys will NOT be sold at retail this season.  There has been absolutely no indication or evidence to show otherwise.  You'll have to hope for some team stock to somehow get out or buy a game worn/issued jersey. 

23 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Then after that, I want to say around the 14-15 season 2.0's finally made it to retail.

2.0 were sold at retail? Huh, didn't know that. Never once saw a 2.0 at a stadium or their respective team store (Hawks, Kings, Ducks, Caps)

I don’t believe team 2.0’s were ever officially sold at retail.  They have never, at least to my knowledge, appeared in Reebok retail product catalogs.  You just saw more of them available after 2014 or so because more and more dealers started to do what JerseyBaron did by special ordering them in batches.

Btw the Kings Team Store definitely had 2.0’s available (a lot of them, actually) for quite a while.

Edited by LAK74

Most (if not all?) 2.0 vector jerseys were only available as team issued stock.  I.e., there were no "retail" versions made.  I think I've only seen 2.0 wordmark jerseys in both retail and TI guise.  Correct?

Edited by jsh139

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

2.0 were sold at retail? Huh, didn't know that. Never once saw a 2.0 at a stadium or their respective team store (Hawks, Kings, Ducks, Caps)

NHL.com had them, IJ had them. Not sure if it was all teams though. Always the wordmark, not the vector, like noted above. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

NHL.com had them.

Are you sure about this?  I don’t recall them ever having team 2.0’s.

42 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Most (if not all?) 2.0 vector jerseys were only available as team issued stock.  I.e., there were no "retail" versions made.  I think I've only seen 2.0 wordmark jerseys in both retail and TI guise.  Correct?

Well, they did have 2011 ASG 2.0’s made for retail, and those had the vector.  The retail vector 2.0’s that JB has, like both Chicago 3rds, the Boston 2010 WC, etc., were made well after the switch to the wordmark, but he was able to have them made with the vector after the fact.

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Are you sure about this?  I don’t recall them ever having team 2.0’s.

Yes, I bought a Devils home. 

Wow, that is news to me.  This must have been quite a while ago, no?  Before 2016?

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Well, they did have 2011 ASG 2.0’s made for retail, and those had the vector.  The retail vector 2.0’s that JB has, like both Chicago 3rds, the Boston 2010 WC, etc., were made well after the switch to the wordmark, but he was able to have them made with the vector after the fact.

I knew it! That's why JB's Blackhawks 3rd has "Reebok" on the neckline instead of "RBK".

Edited by Gewargis

5 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

IJ's, coolhockey, river city sports, frozen pond, etc. all had 2.0's listed on their website and in their physical stores at around 14-15.  I consider that available at retail.

It probably has a lot to do with whether a retailer and/or team store was in the U.S or Canada. In the U.S. for retailers everything was bought through Adidas SLD (Sports License Division) so they got stuck with the Indo Edges. Canadien retailers bought straight from CCM from CCM. Prior to the 2.0's retailers in the U.S. bought the jerseys straight from CCM.

25 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

I knew it! That's why JB's Blackhawks 3rd has "Reebok" on the neckline instead of "RBK".

The "vector/RBK" neckline was only really used for the very first season of the EDGE jersey. Almost everything that came after that had the "Reebok" wordmark neckline since that was the official logo already. They just never switched from the vector patch to the wordmark until 2011-12.

43 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

IJ's, coolhockey, river city sports, frozen pond, etc. all had 2.0's listed on their website and in their physical stores at around 14-15.  I consider that available at retail.

My brain was clearly off. Completely forgot about a number of online retailers