Collecting Your Least Favorite Team

spudrock512

Thinking about this more, I think a good chunk of why I don't branch out to other teams is because for me to get gamers of every team and not break the bank I would have to get a lot of players who played very short NHL careers.  It's cool to see the different styles but when you show it off to others the question you are most likely going to get from other people is "who was that?" 

Plus now you have teams in the mix that are inherently expensive like the Blackhawks or now Vegas where Vegas gamers start at $1K (at least for this season).

16 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thinking about this more, I think a good chunk of why I don't branch out to other teams is because for me to get gamers of every team and not break the bank I would have to get a lot of players who played very short NHL careers.  It's cool to see the different styles but when you show it off to others the question you are most likely going to get from other people is "who was that?" 

Plus now you have teams in the mix that are inherently expensive like the Blackhawks or now Vegas where Vegas gamers start at $1K (at least for this season).

Its not about just collecting any other team, he said your LEAST favorite team. Are you gonna go add a whole bunch of Rangers gamers now???

:)

19 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

No Rangers or Flyers game worns in the collection and can't see any being added, either. There have been Rangers/Flyers jerseys come available of some players that are insanely difficult to find as Devils (and much more reasonable in price) but buying those jerseys just wasn't practical enough to hang on a rack full of Devils just to say you have that player. 

Plus you'd have to take like 15 showers and go to Confession. Who has time?

For my collection, I like to wear them. Being a Hawks fan that means Hawks jerseys I can wear to games. I have a pair of ultrafil Devils jerseys from the 90's when Scott Stevens was one of my favorite players. I had a few Kings jerseys when I lived in Los Angeles to wear to games and now I have a few Caps jerseys to wear to games in DC. Aside from that, I don't really do other teams. I've bought and sold classics like Avs starter mesh and Rangers CCM mesh where I loved the design and aesthetics, but if it just sits in my closet, what's the point?

Regarding jerseys for teams I dislike, as much as I love Chelios, I would never buy a Detroit jersey. And regardless of how much I love the designs, the same goes for the WC Blues jersey, Vancouver Millionaires or 40th ann jerseys. If I think about other sports, that would be like me getting a White Sox, Packers, or Patriots jersey. NEVER gonna happen.

Edited by mdwsta4

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Its not about just collecting any other team, he said your LEAST favorite team. Are you gonna go add a whole bunch of Rangers gamers now???

I guess it depends.  Probably not, but I am not going to say never ever.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I guess it depends.  Probably not, but I am not going to say never ever.

You can surrender your Boyle gamer to me now. 

My team is Buffalo Sabres, and most of my collection is Sabres. I have nine GW/GI/TI/Authentics from Sabres, and have only three non Sabres. One is a Drummondville Voltiguers GW that was NNOB and re done as a Danny Briere jersey. I also have a Canucks TI Pavel Bure with auto and a Peter Regin Isles GW. The three non Sabres all have simple explanations. Briere is my all time favorite player, and the one who got me in to Sabres and the NHL. Pavel Bure is second on the list and was a good price. Peter Regin was my favorite when he played for my hometown team in Sweden, Timrå. The only jerseys I´d consider in NHL who are not Sabres are of players who played for Timrå, but it can't be a Rangers/Leafs/Pens/Habs/Bruins one haha. And I only really have one jersey that I have in mind getting my hands on going foward that is not a Sabres one. And that is a Henrik Zetterberg 07/08 Red Wings jersey, the white one in which he won his only Stanley Cup, Conn Smyth and Cup clinching goal in. I'll settle for an authentic. One of the greatest that have played for Timrå.

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You can surrender your Boyle gamer to me now. 

Nah lol

1 hour ago, CJ Matthews said:

If you Devils guys want a Boyle gamer you can feel free to buy my Rangers Stadium Series one from the MSG home game :D

4007de1387c78dae335cb74d02ebce8b56660aa0