Edge Jersey Timeline

silkeystev

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You travel for work and bring THREE jerseys with you? That’s badass!!!

well, here in my abode I have 3. i don't bring them to work with me, however... lol

as far as the tomahawks differences go, if I can ever figure out how to get this pic to load... which I probably won't be able to. i tried looking up threads about this subject but couldn't find them. I know that it has been discussed before. 

Edited by vadarx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, vadarx said:

well, here in my abode I have 3. i don't bring them to work with me, however... lol

as far as the tomahawks differences go, if I can ever figure out how to get this pic to load... which I probably won't be able to. i tried looking up threads about this subject but couldn't find them. I know that it has been discussed before. 

Ok, it’s fine I’ll never be buying a Hawks jersey anyway. Just figured it’d be more interesting to see the difference. 

One thing I noticed (and I admit, this is extremely minor) is that the TI/GW jerseys with collar laces have some extra stitching between the eyelets and at the bottom of the collar. Presumably for reinforcement for fighting.

GW on top, authentic on bottom:

39767759174_84496aeb98_b.jpg

Anyone notice a great difference in the comfort and feel of the Reebok Edge Jerseys.  I have pro stock jerseys that are as course as sandpaper, built to get hit with sticks and skates, and I have pro stock jerseys that are really soft.  Did they change fabric at some point?

11 hours ago, Joe Rocket said:

Anyone notice a great difference in the comfort and feel of the Reebok Edge Jerseys.  I have pro stock jerseys that are as course as sandpaper, built to get hit with sticks and skates, and I have pro stock jerseys that are really soft.  Did they change fabric at some point?

My 2017 WC Hawks jersey seems to feel less course/softer than any of my home or away jerseys, Team Issued or not. I don't feel any difference between my TI home and non-TI home. Maybe someone with a much larger collection will say otherwise.

6 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

My 2017 WC Hawks jersey seems to feel less course/softer than any of my home or away jerseys, Team Issued or not. I don't feel any difference between my TI home and non-TI home. Maybe someone with a much larger collection will say otherwise.

Would you have paid more for a TI if they were softer?

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Would you have ya more for a TI if they were softer?

Assume there are typos above, but couldn't care less about softness, therefore would not change my mind in any regard to TI or not. 

15 hours ago, Joe Rocket said:

For the softer ones, look at the wash tag inside the jersey, close to the hem.  If you see the words “x-trafil” and “bubble mesh,” then you have the first generation Edge 1.0 (model 7187).  Most teams used these for a very short time in the 2007/08 season.  For the coarse ones, if you see “air-knit” on the wash tag, with no mention of the x-trafil/bubble mesh, then you have the second generation Edge 2.0 (model 7287), which has been used from 2008-on.  The materials in the 2 models are indeed different, and I would think this would be the most likely explanation for the differences in feel that you noticed.

Some of my 2.0's are more comfortable than others. I've always attributed it mainly to the placement of the sleeve stripes relative to my elbows. Sometimes the seams will be between my arm and whatever it's resting on. Vintage airknits and ultrafils just had the stripes woven in, so they were smoother.

3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Assume there are typos above, but couldn't care less about softness, therefore would not change my mind in any regard to TI or not. 

Yup, would have been funnier if I could type without being auto corrected. 

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

For the softer ones, look at the wash tag inside the jersey, close to the hem.  If you see the words “x-trafil” and “bubble mesh,” then you have the first generation Edge 1.0 (model 7187).  Most teams used these for a very short time in the 2007/08 season.  For the coarse ones, if you see “air-knit” on the wash tag, with no mention of the x-trafil/bubble mesh, then you have the second generation Edge 2.0 (model 7287), which has been used from 2008-on.  The materials in the 2 models are indeed different, and I would think this would be the most likely explanation for the differences in feel that you noticed.

That is an astute observation, 1.0's are absolutely softer. If they were cut exactly like the 2.0 I would probably prefer them from a comfort standpoint. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, would have been funnier if I could type without being auto corrected. 

That is an astute observation, 1.0's are absolutely softer. If they were cut exactly like the 2.0 I would probably prefer them from a comfort standpoint. 

Auto correct is ducking bull rush.

For softer TI jerseys I would go into CC debt to own.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40