Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

They don't need to. The COVID chip takes care of that. /s

That’s fair. But that’s just the government, we’re talking about an important organization like the NHL. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, Mongoose said:

Are the crests and shoulder patches (if any) different on the indo than the made in Canada jerseys?

In my experience with Adidas jerseys, yes. Not dramatically so (for the Blackhawks), but the MIC crests/shoulder patches feel like the twill backing is thicker or less flexible compared to indo (retail authentic) jerseys 

5 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

In my experience with Adidas jerseys, yes. Not dramatically so (for the Blackhawks), but the MIC crests/shoulder patches feel like the twill backing is thicker or less flexible compared to indo (retail authentic) jerseys 

I see, but the Hawks have those chainstitched logos, indo edge  jersey also have that? weird they should have that equipment in..... well, Indonesia.

only jersey i really want is the Caps reverse retro, but jersey baron only have them in indo edge, and at 500 dollars WTF? no way

i wondered if the eagle on the front is of lesser quality than on the MIC jersey,  that is why i asked.

guess it's all over, 😪 until another company takes over the NHL that is

Edited by Mongoose
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if there is truth to adidas changing the jersey crests next year? Specifically, replacing the "mesh"  with twill (similar to pre-adidas jerseys)?

My gut tells me there is a change coming. Why would they discount current model jerseys so much?

I don’t know the specific details around the changes but there is something going on. 

4 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

I don’t know the specific details around the changes but there is something going on. 

Supposedly, they're changing the base material for the jerseys. They do this every few years for their football jerseys.

Thought I had heard they were changing everything to that Parley material. 

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Thought I had heard they were changing everything to that Parley material. 

That's the rumour, but finding anyone to confirm or deny has been impossible. Maybe once the Final is over we'll see some teams start to sell team stock as an indication of it's validity.

Edited by Van67
On 7/4/2021 at 10:38 AM, NYIJM29 said:

Anyone know if there is truth to adidas changing the jersey crests next year? Specifically, replacing the "mesh"  with twill (similar to pre-adidas jerseys)?

Do you mean the layer on the crest that is the same material as the rest of the jersey?  If so, good riddance as I have seen a bunch of Devils have that part peel off during gameplay.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Do you mean the layer on the crest that is the same material as the rest of the jersey?  If so, good riddance as I have seen a bunch of Devils have that part peel off during gameplay.

Yup, absolutely awful construction. It's like they didn't anticipate them being worn to play hockey lol. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, absolutely awful construction. It's like they didn't anticipate them being worn to play hockey lol. 

I concur, but if a change like that will make the current Adidas MICs cheaper and teams willing to sell blank stock they still have, I'll take em haha.

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

I concur, but if a change like that will make the current Adidas MICs cheaper and teams willing to sell blank stock they still have, I'll take em haha.

That's fair. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 9:19 AM, Devilsguy said:

Yup.

I dont have a new Sens, but the new Sabres jerseys use 100% twill crests. 

If the change is to crests guess that’s something else I don’t have to worry about as a Hawks fan. Nothing being updated there…

8 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

If the change is to crests guess that’s something else I don’t have to worry about as a Hawks fan. Nothing being updated there…

Not until they force them to become the Chicago Hockey Team. 

On 7/18/2021 at 7:02 AM, mfitz804 said:

Not until they force them to become the Chicago Hockey Team. 

LOL! Fair enough 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Minnesota Wild Winter Classic jersey

Very original. 

51158930237_bedd40fd32_b.jpg

Top stripe, letters instead of a logo crest, captain's C that looks nothing like the font used on the sleeve numbers,  double arm stripes..... toilet seat collar.

this jersey fuc-king blows  👎

🖕😅🖕

Edited by Mongoose

New Blues WC is gorgeous (to me)! Ordered one because it's so nice and I find the Winter Classic Indonesian made are always the same construction as the MICs (say with each stripe sewn in and same crest).  I will strive to get a MIC when they are available.

Interesting to see this though...  Is this new??  From the STL Authentics page:

"Adidas’ adizero Heritage Collar is used including webbing and cover stitch athletic V."

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-reveal-2022-nhl-winter-classic-jersey/c-326114576

https://www.stlauthentics.com/collections/winter-classic/products/adidas-2022-winter-classic-authentic-jersey?variant=39521998078037

Also no mention of the material change to recycled crap with these.  Maybe that change is only to MIC, or delayed, or who knows???

7 hours ago, LondonGardens said:

New Blues WC is gorgeous (to me)! Ordered one because it's so nice and I find the Winter Classic Indonesian made are always the same construction as the MICs (say with each stripe sewn in and same crest).  I will strive to get a MIC when they are available.

Interesting to see this though...  Is this new??  From the STL Authentics page:

"Adidas’ adizero Heritage Collar is used including webbing and cover stitch athletic V."

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-reveal-2022-nhl-winter-classic-jersey/c-326114576

https://www.stlauthentics.com/collections/winter-classic/products/adidas-2022-winter-classic-authentic-jersey?variant=39521998078037

Also no mention of the material change to recycled crap with these.  Maybe that change is only to MIC, or delayed, or who knows???

These were made previous to the conversion to the new Prime Green material, both MiC and Indo, as they were all ready to go for the game last year, as this one was originally due to be played Jan.1, 2021, so that’s also why they’re available now, opposed to closer to the date of the game as is usually the case with the WC jerseys. 

12 hours ago, LondonGardens said:

I find the Winter Classic Indonesian made are always the same construction as the MICs (say with each stripe sewn in and same crest). 

Don’t hate the Blues new WC jerseys as it’s basically what they wore in the 03-04 Vintage series jerseys. But if you think the construction of Indo vs on-ice shares ANY similarities, you’re smoking crack. They literally couldn’t be further away from each other. Hell, the way the stripes are sewn tighter is completely different. 

Exhibit A 

L86ytwA.jpg

You realize I said stripes not straps?

I have Blues WC Reebok MIC and MII, and Stars WC MIC & Mii.  Both have the exact same construction with the noticable difference being the body and dimple material being crap (lighter weight) on the MII.

Is that a Chicago WC?  Maybe that is an exception (or the two examples I have are exceptions)?