JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/14/2019 at 7:30 PM, Brilliant! said:

So, any information as to why they dipped all those Avalanche jerseys in chocolate?

Players get hungry out on the ice?

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Worse than the chocolate dipped Avs. Maybe worse than Burger King. 

I love how Addidas first said there would be no alternate jerseys because they couldn’t fulfil orders when they first took over. 

Now, the only decent looking alternate designs they’ve put out were the ones that were all originally created by Reebok. Anything adidas has produced on their own is absolute garbage. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

4 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

I love how Addidas first said there would be no alternate jerseys because they could fulfil orders when the first took over. 

Now, the only decent looking alternate designs they’ve put out were the ones that were all originally created by Reebok. Anything adidas has produced on their own is absolute garbage. 

Looks like their initial thought was right, even if their reasoning was wrong: they can't do alternates. 

Honestly, it's like they're not even trying any more.

The design concepts that members of Icethetics upload to the blog are so much more creative and well thought out compared to both sets of outdoor games' designs this year. 

2 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

Adidas is destroying NHL jerseys the same way they destroyed Reebok when they bought them. 

Replace Reebok with CCM and you’d have exactly what people were saying like 13 years ago 😂

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Replace Reebok with CCM and you’d have exactly what people were saying like 13 years ago 😂

At least CCM still sells hockey equipment and jerseys for a few different leagues. Adidas turned Reebok into some MMA driven company and replaced their distinctive vector logo with a stupid triangle and stopped distributing it’s products to most retail vendors. You are forced to go to their outlet stores or website to buy their shoes. Now they are trying to reintroduce the vector but it’s way too late. Unfortunately this thing happens far too often anymore in consumer products. The company that owns Onkyo bought Pioneer, so try to find a place that will sell Pioneer products anymore. And now they bought Denon too. So the consumer home receiver marketplace is almost a monopoly now.

On 11/23/2019 at 4:36 PM, rabinsurance said:

At least CCM still sells hockey equipment and jerseys for a few different leagues. Adidas turned Reebok into some MMA driven company and replaced their distinctive vector logo with a stupid triangle and stopped distributing it’s products to most retail vendors. You are forced to go to their outlet stores or website to buy their shoes. Now they are trying to reintroduce the vector but it’s way too late. Unfortunately this thing happens far too often anymore in consumer products. The company that owns Onkyo bought Pioneer, so try to find a place that will sell Pioneer products anymore. And now they bought Denon too. So the consumer home receiver marketplace is almost a monopoly now.

Reebok has and continues to operate as its own separate company. All of the business and design decision you cited they made, not Adidas.

Edited by HannuVirta

15 hours ago, HannuVirta said:

Reebok has and continues to operate as its own separate company. All of the business and design decision you cited they made, not Adidas.

You are 100% wrong, every one of those decisions was dictated by the Adidas board specifically to eliminate one of their competitors and all Reebok distribution is handled by Adidas, but I really don’t have the time or energy to argue about it.

Edited by rabinsurance

Simple, but a pretty solid look for the B's there.

Just now, JJM4 said:

Simple, but a pretty solid look for the B's there.

Agreed, didn’t push the envelope but didn’t screw it up either. 

Best alt released this year (at least so far).

Also some of the Devils players were wearing their retro pants for practice today.  Hearing whispers that they may wear their retro jerseys on the 11/30 game against the Rangers

On 11/22/2019 at 6:57 AM, mfitz804 said:

Worse than the chocolate dipped Avs. Maybe worse than Burger King. 

Wrong on the first count. Correct on the second.

This is worse than the Turdburger. It comes close to being as bad as the Flying V.

I've only just caught up with the fact that the Adidas authentic* jerseys in size 46 now have the right sized crests.

Would anyone here happen to own a 46 EDGE jersey (either 1.0 or 2.0, or better both) that could please take a sizing photo for me?

Living on the other side of the world makes it hard.

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Wrong on the first count. Correct on the second.

This is worse than the Turdburger. It comes close to being as bad as the Flying V.

Disagree totally. At least the Turdburger still looks like a hockey jersey. The Kings jersey looks like something an early 90’s roller derby team would wear. 

5 hours ago, jroam82 said:

I've only just caught up with the fact that the Adidas authentic* jerseys in size 46 now have the right sized crests.

Would anyone here happen to own a 46 EDGE jersey (either 1.0 or 2.0, or better both) that could please take a sizing photo for me?

Thanks in advance.

Did you check out the sizing thread?  Lots of pics in there comparing jersey sizes.  Also, I believe @LAK74 wears a 46 Edge and he can probably help.

Edited by jsh139

10 hours ago, jroam82 said:

Thanks in advance.

What exactly is it that you would like sized/photographed/compared?    

8 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Did you check out the sizing thread?  Lots of pics in there comparing jersey sizes.  Also, I believe @LAK74 wears a 46 Edge and he can probably help.

Sorry, I did not. I did a bit of general google searching and even youtube, but didn't think to look here 😐 Going through the thread now.

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

What exactly is it that you would like sized/photographed/compared?    

An Adidas size 46 together with a Reebok Edge size 46.

Either 1.0 or 2.0 is fine - I have both but no Adidas yet as I didn't like the smaller crest.

Thanks both of you for your help.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, Devilsguy said:

Best alt released this year (at least so far).

Also some of the Devils players were wearing their retro pants for practice today.  Hearing whispers that they may wear their retro jerseys on the 11/30 game against the Rangers

Forgot to mention this was indeed confirmed by the team's PR person.