JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Iron it, it will be fine. Use a t-shirt between the iron and the jersey if you are worried.

Doing while the fabric is wet is helpful also. If you aren’t washing it, spray the area with a spray bottle. Then put a cotton t-shirt over it (I prefer using a pillowcase so I don’t have a half ironed t-shirt to finish), and iron, pressing hard and using the steam. 

A few passes and it’ll be all good. 

Or, just wear it, that one doesn’t even look that badly wrinkled. 

23 minutes ago, steezyb said:

Really wish Adidas would sell the   Canadian made Authentic's 

16 minutes ago, KB67 said:

I wish Adidas would sell the MIC at retail...

We all do, but I doubt anything is going to change. They’ve made the decision from a business standpoint. Collectors who want the MICs are a small portion of the market and manufacturing enough of them for retail likely won’t get them a good ROI. 

I don’t like the logic, but it is sound logic. 

9 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

differences between Indo-Zero and MIC jerseys

Now that you got your hands on one, What do you think? 
Is it worth spending crazy $ or should I wait til the hype dies down? 

29 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I have a Leafs SS MIC (never even considered getting an Indo). Definitely worth it.

I don't know how much that Hawks cost, but I paid about $600 for my Leafs SS after taxes (so about $458 USD). Difference is night and day. The Indo's being called authentics is just embarrassing. 

9 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

The MIC WC jersey isn’t mine. Person who won the auction must have had buyers remorse and immediately put it up for sale. But from the MIC adidas jerseys I have had, the comparison isn’t even close. 

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

The MIC WC jersey isn’t mine. Person who won the auction must have had buyers remorse and immediately put it up for sale. But from the MIC adidas jerseys I have had, the comparison isn’t even close. 

It's not close. Arguable less close than the Indo-Edge and the Edge. The current Indos make the Indo-Edges look amazing. 

I wore my Adidas MIC Flyers to the game last night and went into the store at the end of the game to take a look at the SS jerseys in person. While I think the jerseys themselves look nicer in person than they do in pictures, man... I tried one on to see if I could handle getting an Indo eventually, since the MIC SS will be astronomical. It's just such an unbelievable difference. I'm glad I tried one on, because now I don't think I'll buy one even if they go to 50% off... I'll just wait it out until I can possibly eventually get an MIC, cuz... just no.

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

I wore my Adidas MIC Flyers to the game last night and went into the store at the end of the game to take a look at the SS jerseys in person. While I think the jerseys themselves look nicer in person than they do in pictures, man... I tried one on to see if I could handle getting an Indo eventually, since the MIC SS will be astronomical. It's just such an unbelievable difference. I'm glad I tried one on, because now I don't think I'll buy one even if they go to 50% off... I'll just wait it out until I can possibly eventually get an MIC, cuz... just no.

Pretty much how I felt about the Hawks WC jersey. I absolutely loved the design, but the quality was terrible. Granted, I still bought one for 30-40% off, but ripped the crest off to sew it on a MIC jersey that I would actually wear. Still debating on overpaying for one of the game issued WC jerseys or hoping I can come across a blank team-issued one for a little less in the future.

Agree 100% completely with DSL135. I bought a Vegas Indo at a deeply discounted price last year and just couldn't bring myself to keep it. Returned it the day after it arrived because it was just so awful.

Since then, if there is a jersey from the adidas era that I really like I will either bite the bullet and spring for a GW/GI/TI from an auction, MGG or the team or just sit tight, since I know I will never be happy with the Indo. The difference in quality is just too great. 

24 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

The IndoZero really is just a premier replica quality jersey. Adidas butchered the “authentic” word. 

But, it has a fight strap. Must...be...authentic. 

An authentic piece of sh!t, perhaps. 

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

The IndoZero really is just a premier replica quality jersey. Adidas butchered the “authentic” word. 

It’s a Premier with a fight strap. That’s it. 

6 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

It’s a Premier with a fight strap. That’s it. 

I think it might even be worse than that. 

a shame that we, or someone with more power and authority can't sue adidas for false advertising..... because the evidence is right there. There is a fight strap,  but it's clearly there just to fool people. We can see it clearly, and because the rest of the jersey is awful quality compared to the on ice jersey. , other people should learn this. Adidas claim authentic, but they don't use the term on ice of course. but they use a word that is used in MLB for instance , to describe on field jerseys.

The fight strap is there to fool people. wish someone had the power to do something about this lie  

Edited by tomtucker

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

a shame that we, or someone with more power and authority can't sue adidas for false advertising..... because the evidence is right there. There is a fight strap,  but it's clearly there just to fool people. We can see it clearly, and because the rest of the jersey is awful quality compared to the on ice jersey. , other people should learn this. Adidas claim authentic, but they don't use the term on ice of course. but they use a word that is used in MLB for instance , to describe on field jerseys.

The fight strap is there to fool people. wish someone had the power to do something about this lie  

I don't think they still use "on-ice," unless I'm mistaken. I haven't seen the retail tags recently so I can't confirm via that route, but the online NHL store does not claim "on-ice" nor make any claims that you're buying what players actually wear. They also don't call out the fight strap. I'm sure, legally, they are not doing anything wrong as I would bet "authentic" is ambiguous enough to use from a broad retail perspective even if the minuscule amount of collectors think otherwise. I think it's unethical, as I see it as Fanatics way of playing to unassuming fans ignorance that what they're buying, and at the given price point, could not possibly be anything BUT authentic.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

"Authentic" has (had?) been used for hockey jerseys for years. A replica was what you buy in a sporting goods store like Modell's, or at the arena, no fight strap, glued on logo, etc. An authentic is what was worn on the ice, with the fight strap. Only certain stores would have them. 

This changed when Reebok came out with a third level, the Indo Edge, which if I recall, was also marketed as being an "authentic". But Adidas has crossed the line. 

Although you say they didn't call it "on ice", here's a quote from NHL.com concerning the issue:

"The National Hockey League (NHL®) and adidas have unveiled the new ADIZERO Authentic NHL jerseys for the Blackhawks, which will make their on-ice debut during the 2017-18 season. adidas worked with the team to respectfully preserve the team's current uniform identity when moving to the new ADIZERO technology platform."

Thus far, not an issue. They did unveil them, they did make their on-ice debut in 2017-18. Ok, that's fine. 

Reading on. 

"ADIZERO Blackhawks jerseys are on sale now exclusively at the Blackhawks Store and Madhouse Team Store through Sept. 21! Stop by the store or give us a call at 312-759-0079 to place an order over the phone!"

The above implies that the jerseys that made their on-ice debut are available for purchase in the team store. we all know that to be untrue. 

Of course, those of us in the hobby know the difference. Also, anyone who knows that a Reebok Edge was $300 at retail should realize that they didn't make all of those changes, slap an Adidas label on it, and then charge $120 less, that's just common sense. But the casual fan or the non-collector would totally be fooled by advertising like the above.