• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some will say leave it, some will say it's yours do with it as you wish

I am of the 2nd opinion.

The only thing I would suggest is that if you do strip a no-name player and put a better player on it - that you remove any tags that say game worn so as to not represent the jersey as a Game worn of a better player / chance someone else trying to claim as such if you ever sell it down the road.  

What's you get? I love seeing the new MIC Adidas starting to get in our hands, it means that one day I might be able to get a few of my home team.

1 hour ago, Zeshy25 said:

Thoughts on stripping an Adidas preseason jersey? Is it still frowned upon or is it ok if it’s a preseason jersey? 

I have no issue with it. Especially in light of the current market where blanks aren't available. 

Edited by mfitz804

Thanks for the input guys. It’s a Shattenkirk White Rangers. Excited for my first MIC adidas. 

I was planning to strip all the meigray tagging to prevent any issues or confusion. Will make it into either Zibanejad, Buch, Chytil or Andersson. 

2 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

Thanks for the input guys. It’s a Shattenkirk White Rangers. Excited for my first MIC adidas. 

I was planning to strip all the meigray tagging to prevent any issues or confusion. Will make it into either Zibanejad, Buch, Chytil or Andersson. 

You are going to strip a Shattenkirk to make it Zibanejad, Buch, etc...?

I would order a nobody to strip, not Shattenkirk. I have a Kosmachuk on the way. He is a perfect guy to strip! In fact, I would swap with you.

10 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

You are going to strip a Shattenkirk to make it Zibanejad, Buch, etc...?

I would order a nobody to strip, not Shattenkirk. I have a Kosmachuk on the way. He is a perfect guy to strip! In fact, I would swap with you.

I'm not a fan of Shatty but, couldn't turn down MIC Rangers jersey at this price. Will PM to discuss possible trade. 

Your inbox is full and you cannot receive PMs so here's my message: 

What #, size, and color is your Kosmachuk Rangers jersey? Ideally would prefer smaller jerseys (nothing larger than 56), indifferent to the color, and would like a # that would be easier to strip and replace with another player (Buch - 89; Chytil - 72; Andersson - 50; Lundqvist - 30; Zibanejad - 93).

Here's link with pics to the Shatty jersey: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-Authentic-MIC-Adidas-Kevin-Shattenkirk-Jersey/283280970267?hash=item41f4dc921b:g:kF0AAOSwdrdb8tOs

Please PM me once your inbox is cleared out. Thanks. 

Not for nothing, but that was a pretty amazing price for a MIC Adidas jersey, pre-season or not. 

Was it half off, like his hair?

5toh8toxkm9z.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&au

5 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

The only thing I would suggest is that if you do strip a no-name player and put a better player on it - that you remove any tags that say game worn so as to not represent the jersey as a Game worn of a better player / chance someone else trying to claim as such if you ever sell it down the road.  

I've mentioned this before. There's really no reason to leave MG tags or team tags in a jersey that is re-customized. That's just fraud waiting to happen someplace down the line.

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Was it half off, like his hair?

As a 47yr old guy with a full head of hair I laughed pretty loud at this

I would like to apologize to our thinning / bald members :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

As a 47yr old guy with a full head of hair I laughed pretty loud at this

I would like to apologize to our thinning / bald members :rolleyes:

Listen, going bald happens, there's a way to do it...that isn't it lol. 

27 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Wait a minute...when did the Rangers sign Herschel Krustofsky?

Honestly that does sound like a hockey player’s name!

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

That Shattenkirk nameplate is a LONG one to strip. Think it would leave marks if you go with a shorter one? 

Yeah, Chytil won’t work for sure,  but the other three should be fine. 

On 11/28/2018 at 9:44 PM, Brilliant! said:

Wait a minute...when did the Rangers sign Herschel Krustofsky?

Please, do not EVER leave this forum, Mike. 

So tomorrow is December 1st and as of now there is no official word on when the Devils Heritage jerseys will be on sale.

Hell there is still no official word on when the Devils will wear them (supposed to be 4 games this season).  I wonder if it is because the jerseys are white and that forces opposing teams to agree to lug extra equipment for an away game.

6 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

So tomorrow is December 1st and as of now there is no official word on when the Devils Heritage jerseys will be on sale.

Hell there is still no official word on when the Devils will wear them (supposed to be 4 games this season).  I wonder if it is because the jerseys are white and that forces opposing teams to agree to lug extra equipment for an away game.

Very strange. Just take my money and give me a sh!tty Indonesian jersey please. 

I know I am a little behind on the reviews of the MIC Adidas jerseys, but I finally got a chance to compare the on-ice product to the crap Adidas sells as "authentic"

The jersey I got to compare was a Columbus Blue Jackets Home GI jersey from the 17-18 season.

Pros: 

• Feels heavyweight like the MIC Reeboks, maybe slightly lighter, but seems durable enough - like a actual hockey jersey should.
  • Front crest seems to be the same as previous models
  • The dimpled shoulders seem padded and could withstand some punishment (although i have no clue what the dimples are supposed to accomplish
  • Fight Strap double-layered like in the Reebok jerseys

Cons:

• The numbers are an absolute joke - They look the same as the Indo jerseys.  Not sure if EPS still does the CBJ jerseys, but these are just cheap junk.  I thought they were supposed to be perforated?  The "holes" are just printed on the jersey number and the white and the red are just one single layer, not two layers.  As I said, looks like the same junk as my Indo Knights jersey.
  • The shoulder patches are the same thing, only the silver glitter give it any texture. Single layer printed, not embroidered like a patch should be. Very cheap feeling.

Are these better than the Made in Indonesia jerseys? Hell yes! Those feel light and not very well made. This feels like a hockey jersey should.

Are these better then the Reebok Made in Canada jerseys? Hell no!  The material doesn't feel as good as the 7287 jerseys.  I know not every team does their numbers like this, and that is a blessing.  I would be royally pissed to get a Blackhawks with numbers in this style.  I still would love to have these Adidas MIC jersey available to purchase like we did for the Reeboks, I just wish they focused more are the quality of the product instead to trying to make it a light as possible.  A lot of the character is missing by gong the cheap route.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:21 PM, spudrock512 said:

I know I am a little behind on the reviews of the MIC Adidas jerseys, but I finally got a chance to compare the on-ice product to the crap Adidas sells as "authentic"

The jersey I got to compare was a Columbus Blue Jackets Home GI jersey from the 17-18 season.

Pros: 

• Feels heavyweight like the MIC Reeboks, maybe slightly lighter, but seems durable enough - like a actual hockey jersey should.
  • Front crest seems to be the same as previous models
  • The dimpled shoulders seem padded and could withstand some punishment (although i have no clue what the dimples are supposed to accomplish
  • Fight Strap double-layered like in the Reebok jerseys

Cons:

• The numbers are an absolute joke - They look the same as the Indo jerseys.  Not sure if EPS still does the CBJ jerseys, but these are just cheap junk.  I thought they were supposed to be perforated?  The "holes" are just printed on the jersey number and the white and the red are just one single layer, not two layers.  As I said, looks like the same junk as my Indo Knights jersey.
  • The shoulder patches are the same thing, only the silver glitter give it any texture. Single layer printed, not embroidered like a patch should be. Very cheap feeling.

Are these better than the Made in Indonesia jerseys? Hell yes! Those feel light and not very well made. This feels like a hockey jersey should.

Are these better then the Reebok Made in Canada jerseys? Hell no!  The material doesn't feel as good as the 7287 jerseys.  I know not every team does their numbers like this, and that is a blessing.  I would be royally pissed to get a Blackhawks with numbers in this style.  I still would love to have these Adidas MIC jersey available to purchase like we did for the Reeboks, I just wish they focused more are the quality of the product instead to trying to make it a light as possible.  A lot of the character is missing by gong the cheap route.

Can you post some high-res pics of the numbers please.  Although the numbers themselves should be a one-layer sublimated twill, the holes should be laser cut perforations.

The shoulder patches are woven patches, not screen-print. They may look cheap, but actually cost more to produce and provide better clarity especially on fine detail like the CBJ shoulder logos.  

57 minutes ago, HannuVirta said:

Although the numbers themselves should be a one-layer sublimated twill, the holes should be laser cut perforations.

Might that vary a bit depending on the team?  This picture is not definitive proof, but it appears to me that on this Adidas CBJ gamer a couple of the “holes” on the #8 seem partially abraded away due to damage from game use, indicating that the holes might be sublimated and not perforated.  What do you guys think?

CBJ#17/18