customization - where to shop?

Hardanger

22 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Of course we don't plan on it,  then we end up with a closet full of jerseys wondering where they all came from. 

My name is Duncan and I'm a jersey addict

Bro hug

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Well I have a baseball and hockey jersey and I will probably double that number before fall so...

luckily though I'm just going for Chicago jerseys, home and an away or alternate. So I'm not as bad as some of you guys.

although those Mets authentics are really nice looking and as awful as it is to admit, I dig the Blues sweaters too.

crap.

Yet. 

14 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Fixed that for you. ?

With CSL for recent Hawks jerseys, you should be good specifying the edge plate, name, number, A/C. 

Yes, agreed. They'll get the rest right, you just need to request the Edge nameplate. 

42 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I'm looking for an edge name plate with what kind of material for letters? 

If you're wanting to do up a recent jersey, then fortunately for you, Chicago's lettering style has not changed in many years.  So in this case you don't need to specify anything regarding the font, or the lettering materials.  For some other teams, it's a bit more complicated if they have changed the shapes of certain letters over the years, or switched from layered to kiss-cut characters, twill vs. sublimated letters on nameplates, etc.  But no such worries with CSL and recent Hawks jerseys.

1 minute ago, TheKevinShow said:

Josh just confirmed to me that EPS is planning on running the Spring Sale this year, but they still haven't nailed down a concrete date for it.

Thanks for the tip, I have 2 in the queue thus far, and I'm sure more to come, I will likely hold off until he runs the sale. 

I posted this just a few minutes ago on the Deals and Steals (or is it Steals and Deals) thread lol should have checked this one out first.

Wonder why they skipped last year.

I've got three $85 customization jobs that will be getting sent their way for the Spring Sale. I'll probably also throw in my Koho Thrashers alt since it'll have to have two patches added.

22 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Josh just confirmed to me that EPS is planning on running the Spring Sale this year, but they still haven't nailed down a concrete date for it.

What is the difference in their regular price vs sale price? 

17 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

What is the difference in their regular price vs sale price? 

Historically, 20% off. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Historically, 20% off. 

Since I've never taken advantage of the Spring Sale discount before, does the 20% only apply to the base cost of the customization or are any accessorial charges, like patches, also discounted?

24 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Since I've never taken advantage of the Spring Sale discount before, does the 20% only apply to the base cost of the customization or are any accessorial charges, like patches, also discounted?

Pretty sure it's customization only. Patches are still $6.50 to apply. 

Hey everybody! I didn't know whether to start a new thread or just post my question in this one but here goes. Does anybody know who's the official customizer for Canadiens jerseys and if so, is their service readily available to the public? Also, do the Canadiens use kiss-cut numbers?

If there are no other options, I'll probably go with EPS or JerseyBaron's go-to guy but I wanted to find out first...I prefer to go with official if possible. Many thanks in advance, I'm happy to be here!

3 hours ago, DevilsWorship said:

Does anybody know who's the official customizer for Canadiens jerseys and if so, is their service readily available to the public? Also, do the Canadiens use kiss-cut numbers?

The identity of the Canadiens' official customizer has been a mystery; I don't recall seeing that information on this board, or anywhere else.  Some have said that you may be able to get the official lettering by going through the Bell Centre. 

The current sets appear to have stacked numbers, on both home and road.  They were not always this way however, and must have changed recently.

On 1/30/2017 at 9:54 AM, LAK74 said:

The identity of the Canadiens' official customizer has been a mystery; I don't recall seeing that information on this board, or anywhere else.  Some have said that you may be able to get the official lettering by going through the Bell Centre. 

The current sets appear to have stacked numbers, on both home and road.  They were not always this way however, and must have changed recently.

Thank you very much, LAK74. By stacked, are you referring to the traditional one layer on top of another? I plan on getting a Carey Price with the newer, lace-up collar.

I was watching an old episode of 24CH and Dale Weise had just been traded from Vancouver to Montreal. The Canadiens had some generic-sounding factory prepare his jerseys but when I Googled the name, it didn't get me anywhere. I just went back and rewatched the episode and found this, at 11:00.

CSG International prepared Weise's game jersey, I just contacted them to see if they'd be able to customize to team specs. Here's contact info if anybody's interested.

https://twitter.com/csgjerseys

http://csgint.ca/

Edited by DevilsWorship

1 hour ago, DevilsWorship said:

By stacked, are you referring to the traditional one layer on top of another?

Correct, it's also called "layered."  The customization style for Montreal seems to change periodically.  If you want a current season red jersey, I believe both the sleeve and back numbers are stacked.  Just last season though, the sleeve numbers looked kiss-cut, while the back numbers were stacked.  I don't know for sure  if this was true during the entirety of those seasons; this is just what I've been able to ascertain by looking through various photos from the last 2 seasons.

22 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Correct, it's also called "layered."  The customization style for Montreal seems to change periodically.  If you want a current season red jersey, I believe both the sleeve and back numbers are stacked.  Just last season though, the sleeve numbers looked kiss-cut, while the back numbers were stacked.  I don't know for sure  if this was true during the entirety of those seasons; this is just what I've been able to ascertain by looking through various photos from the last 2 seasons.

Thanks for all your help, man.

I just realized that I had posted the wrong episode, sorry,  it's been fixed..

Edited by DevilsWorship

That was interesting; thanks for that- it seems like they might actually be the official team customizer after all.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys - new to the thread here. I placed my first order with CSL and forget to tell them to used the Edge Nameplate. Called and asked to see if they could re-do it but they said they don't have it available. Does anyone know where I could find a blank Edge nameplate?

17 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Red? White? Green? Purple? Periwinkle??? What color??? WHAT COLOR DAMMIT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Looking for red and so far can't find anyone willing to sell a blank edge nameplate