*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entertained me last night while I was dozing off at the Devils game last night.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Entertained me last night while I was dozing off at the Devils game last night.

I was too busy cursing to doze off. But I was at home. 

Just letting you guys know I started an authentics only FB page. No replicas, knockoffs, pucks or equipment. Just Air-Knit, Ultrafil, Flo-Knit and mesh...with those fighting strap thingies. 

Been thinking about starting it for a while now, then the Doctor nudged me in the right direction this morning. 

Anyways, It's called Authentic Hockey Jersey Addicts. Look it up and join. Feel free to add any fellow collectors that you know. 

I'm hoping we can get a good group of serious collectors going. Bring in some new people outside of the IJ realm. Maybe educate and add more collectors to our hobby. Weed out the knockoffs and get people collecting the good stuff. 

I've never done this before so bear with me if you see redundant posts and updates to the page...If you'd like to be a moderator, let me know!.

Thanks guys. 

Take care. 

12 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Casey needs to explain how his good buddy, Slim, takes pictures. Especially since he also accused Slim of using his puctures in his Hockey Jersey book as well. 

I got caught up i9n that s*** the guy is an idiot for sure and a scammer 

1 hour ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Just letting you guys know I started an authentics only FB page. No replicas, knockoffs, pucks or equipment. Just Air-Knit, Ultrafil, Flo-Knit and mesh...with those fighting strap thingies. 

Been thinking about starting it for a while now, then the Doctor nudged me in the right direction this morning. 

Anyways, It's called Authentic Hockey Jersey Addicts. Look it up and join. Feel free to add any fellow collectors that you know. 

I'm hoping we can get a good group of serious collectors going. Bring in some new people outside of the IJ realm. Maybe educate and add more collectors to our hobby. Weed out the knockoffs and get people collecting the good stuff. 

I've never done this before so bear with me if you see redundant posts and updates to the page...If you'd like to be a moderator, let me know!.

Thanks guys. 

Take care. 

I just joined and already I see that less than a day in we will be seeing a lot of posts looking for jerseys "complete with fight strap."

11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I just joined and already I see that less than a day in we will be seeing a lot of posts looking for jerseys "complete with fight strap."

Lol...I commeted on sam's post...I think he got the point. 

Any opinions on making the group private? It'll keep scammers and riff-raff out and also only the group will be able to see what people are talking about, etc. 

18 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Yes. Over and over again, a million times YES. 

2 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

I typically skip this thread because it's bad enough seeing the shenanigans on the Facebook pages and then have to relive them on here but I'm glad I checked in,

Thanks "The Dude Abides" for creating a page for Authentic collectors.

Great idea, joined as soon as I saw it.  

For the love of God, please stop referring to "IJ" on the Facebook groups, or else the same reason we hate Facebook is going to follow us back here. 

I kind of want to join just to join The Dude's group. But only kind of.

Someone send all of the vintage Devils jerseys my way. 

7 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

For the love of God, please stop referring to "IJ" on the Facebook groups, or else the same reason we hate Facebook is going to follow us back here. 

Oops,

Sorry, I will go correct my post  

Just now, Hockey Bob said:

Oops,

Sorry, I will go correct my post  

Thanks Bob. You aren't the only one to do this. Regardless of any issues we've had on here, they seem to pale in comparison to the Facebook bunch, so let's keep it that way. 

Thank you. 

The first rule of IJ is we don't talk about IJ on Facebook  

The second rule of IJ is we don't talk about IJ on Facebook. 

Looking forward to when someone decides or tries to ask if it is cool to sell something other than authentic jerseys in the group.

We all know it's coming.

8 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Thanks Bob. You aren't the only one to do this. Regardless of any issues we've had on here, they seem to pale in comparison to the Facebook bunch, so let's keep it that way. 

Because it's a fairly new page I doubt that the trouble makers would have caught on to it yet but I spoze it's a good idea to set some rules here that we all agree to.

If you want rules, make your own private forum. Doing it on Facebook guarantees some people won't follow your rules. 

28 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Noted...good point.

10 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Looking forward to when someone decides or tries to ask if it is cool to sell something other than authentic jerseys in the group.

We all know it's coming.

All posts need to be approved my by self or Dr. Puck...we got this. 

If anyone else wants to be an administrator to help ref the page, shoot me a PM on FB. I don't know most of your real names...lol.