Jump to content

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

So all I gotta do is start collecting goalie cut jerseys and I could be the 3rd Stooge!? 

Come on, I’ve heard about your bins. You trying to tell me there’s no goalie jerseys in there??

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Yeah, but you’re only a Schemp. 

I always liked Shemp but I'm built more like Curly :)

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Come on, I’ve heard about your bins. You trying to tell me there’s no goalie jerseys in there??

I am a HUGE fan of goalies, as a matter of fact, Every TBTC from 1991-92 in my collection has a goalie on them except my white 1992 All Star jersey but it's gonna get stripped and corrected.  
I never did collected goalie cuts though. 
You guys don't need the competition 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I always liked Shemp but I'm built more like Curly :)

I am a HUGE fan of goalies, as a matter of fact, Every TBTC from 1991-92 in my collection has a goalie on them except my white 1992 All Star jersey but it's gonna get stripped and corrected.  
I never did collected goalie cuts though. 
You guys don't need the competition 
 

We thank you for that, we could never compete...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The amount of I guess you can call "price shaming" in these groups has just gone to hell over the past year.  And 99% of the time it is from people I have never or hardly ever post before.

What's wrong if not liking the price to just moving on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

The amount of I guess you can call "price shaming" in these groups has just gone to hell over the past year.  And 99% of the time it is from people I have never or hardly ever post before.

What's wrong if not liking the price to just moving on?

We don’t allow it in the Authentic group. Instant ban. Sick and tired of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

We don’t allow it in the Authentic group. Instant ban. Sick and tired of it. 

That’s how it should be. Don’t interfere in other people’s sales. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jsh139 said:

We don’t allow it in the Authentic group. Instant ban. Sick and tired of it. 

Thank god you guys do.  I mostly see it in the game worn groups these days.  It's always been around but now I am seeing pretty consistently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that it's the people you never heard of or hardly post, I'm guessing it's people who don't have much of a collection (and cannot afford it).  Therefore, their aim is to drive the market down to where they can enter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 10:38 PM, mfitz804 said:

That’s how it should be. Don’t interfere in other people’s sales. 

 

On 2/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, Devilsguy said:

Thank god you guys do.  I mostly see it in the game worn groups these days.  It's always been around but now I am seeing pretty consistently.

From the rules:

No Price Shaming

Keep your snickering, sarcastic comments, and laughing emojis/reactions to yourself. No one is forcing you to buy anything on here. If you don't like the asking price, move on. Or, message the seller privately to negotiate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 11:37 AM, Dasle said:

Given that it's the people you never heard of or hardly post, I'm guessing it's people who don't have much of a collection (and cannot afford it).  Therefore, their aim is to drive the market down to where they can enter.

I am not even sure if their goal is to drive the market down.  I think they are just talking out of their Arse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I have been meaning to mention this since the weekend.

For years I have been firmly in the camp of always posting a price on listings.  However, over the past year or so of behavior I see online in the various FB groups, I have to say I am getting more and more sympathetic to the "PM for price" option.  The price shaming in some of the groups have gotten pretty out of control.  It also doesn't help that 90% of the ones leading that charge are guys that I never or rarely contribute to begin with.

Overall, things that I used to see black in white in this hobby has slowly turned into a lot of shades of gray.

 

Edit: I see my previous posts from a month or so ago is about the same thing.  I guess it is getting that bothersome to me (or that I am slowly losing my mind lol).

Edited by Devilsguy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I have been meaning to mention this since the weekend.

For years I have been firmly in the camp of always posting a price on listings.  However, over the past year or so of behavior I see online in the various FB groups, I have to say I am getting more and more sympathetic to the "PM for price" option.  The price shaming in some of the groups have gotten pretty out of control.  It also doesn't help that 90% of the ones leading that charge are guys that I never or rarely contribute to begin with.

Overall, things that I used to see black in white in this hobby has slowly turned into a lot of shades of gray.

 

Edit: I see my previous posts from a month or so ago is about the same thing.  I guess it is getting that bothersome to me (or that I am slowly losing my mind lol).

I deactivated my FB account about two years ago because I got so sick and tired of seeing everyone tearing eachother apart over politics and such.
At first, the only thing I missed were the jersey groups, even though I felt they were already going down the $hitter back then. But after I noticed I didn’t make near as many spontaneous purchases on stuff that really didn’t fit my collection, I also realized there was zero reason for me to stay on it at all. Trust me, I’m much happier and don’t miss any part of social media at all. Besides, my best friend, “The Jerk from Staten Island” is already right here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I deactivated my FB account about two years ago because I got so sick and tired of seeing everyone tearing eachother apart over politics and such.
At first, the only thing I missed were the jersey groups, even though I felt they were already going down the $hitter back then. But after I noticed I didn’t make near as many spontaneous purchases on stuff that really didn’t fit my collection, I also realized there was zero reason for me to stay on it at all. Trust me, I’m much happier and don’t miss any part of social media at all. Besides, my best friend, “The Jerk from Staten Island” is already right here. 

Is it wrong that I’m flattered? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

At this point I think they should change the name of the Bad Jersey Trader/Seller List to Bad Jersey Trader/Seller/Buyer List.  Lately it seems like more than half the times the buyer is the party in the wrong.

Also my new favorite group lately has been the Hockey Jersey Collectors (under $150) group.  Not sure why I am in there but it's entertaining to say the least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, the one where knock-offs are not only allowed, but encouraged? Lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to go there and talk about jerseys that are between $151 and $175 just to anger people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Oh, the one where knock-offs are not only allowed, but encouraged? Lol. 

No, not that one.  I am actually banned from that one after calling the admin a clown.  That same guy even got blasted in the Bad Jersey Seller/Trader group last week lol.

No the $150 and under group has decent mods.  The entertainment is in the posts.  There was a week or two period last month where every other post was either about a scammer or asking for a legit check on the worst looking fake imaginable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the guy who posted a bad jersey trader post and ended up getting owned in the process. Serves him right, he said some horrible things to that seller. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes I don't get FB groups...

Someone in a group posted a Chinese knockoff jersey. Multiple comments stated such and the seller didn't seem to get it. They just replied 'that's why it's so cheap'. I reported the post to the admin who messaged me wondering why I reported something when I don't own the group and some people can't afford authentic jerseys.

This happened at least a month ago so I wasn't sure what she was talking about as a link wasn't included and I'd never been questioned for reporting a fake jersey in other groups. Her response to who she was, was 'I own the group and cuz I can read Maybe!'

So, uh, she considers herself an 'owner' of facebook and at this point I'm over it. Since she didn't understand what a counterfeit jersey was or didn't have a problem with people posting because others can't afford 'real' jerseys, I asked if it was okay for me to forge signatures on pucks and sell them for $5-10? You know, for 'the people who can't afford the real thing, but still want to be a fan' stating that counterfeit goods are counterfeit goods regardless.

She then replied saying she didn't know me and wanted me to leave her alone when SHE was the person that messaged me!

*shakes head* you can't fix stupid

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that some people don’t care if their jersey is a counterfeit. I do not get why that same person would be the admin of a Facebook group about collecting jerseys, assuming that is the kind of group it was. 

And we all know, there are tons of people who create Facebook groups, get drunk on the “power” of deciding who is allowed in and what can be posted. In reality they “own” nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I already was fed up with selling on ebay and now I'm also kinda fed up with selling on FB. All those tire kickers! With their requests and questions and stories and they never buy anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2021 at 6:40 PM, mdwsta4 said:

Sometimes I don't get FB groups...

Someone in a group posted a Chinese knockoff jersey. Multiple comments stated such and the seller didn't seem to get it. They just replied 'that's why it's so cheap'. I reported the post to the admin who messaged me wondering why I reported something when I don't own the group and some people can't afford authentic jerseys.

This happened at least a month ago so I wasn't sure what she was talking about as a link wasn't included and I'd never been questioned for reporting a fake jersey in other groups. Her response to who she was, was 'I own the group and cuz I can read Maybe!'

So, uh, she considers herself an 'owner' of facebook and at this point I'm over it. Since she didn't understand what a counterfeit jersey was or didn't have a problem with people posting because others can't afford 'real' jerseys, I asked if it was okay for me to forge signatures on pucks and sell them for $5-10? You know, for 'the people who can't afford the real thing, but still want to be a fan' stating that counterfeit goods are counterfeit goods regardless.

She then replied saying she didn't know me and wanted me to leave her alone when SHE was the person that messaged me!

*shakes head* you can't fix stupid

Which group is this in?

I know at least one group that not only allows fakes, but encourages them.  I got kicked after I called out the admin on his -y behavior (he is getting pretty well known for that).

Link to post
Share on other sites

The group in question was a Blackhawks Marketplace. So not specific for jerseys, but for anything related to Blackhawks merch

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

The group in question was a Blackhawks Marketplace. So not specific for jerseys, but for anything related to Blackhawks merch

Like Stan Makita’s Donuts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...