NHL Team Customizers

4 hours ago, Blue Seat Spartan said:

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I think I found a clue as to when the New York Rangers switched customizers from Gerry Cosby to Arena Wear.

I think you may have something there.  Most of the pre-2003 Cosby jobs I’ve seen don’t have the letters as widely spread out as on the Messier you posted, but the post-2003 ones definitely have the letters placed more closely together, and with a flatter arch.  This seems pretty consistent after 2003.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember that is the same era when the liberty font changed several times over, but were still done by Cosby’s. Those names got fatter, skinnier, taller, shorter, etc... The same could very well be possible for the home and away jerseys of that period as well.

*Edit: FYI, Arena Wear is also a very small mom and pop operation and you could actually call or email them and ask how long they’ve been doing the Rangers gamers for. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

• 1 month later...

Anybody know who has been customizing the Lightning jerseys for the past few years, specifically the current blue style during the Reebok 2.0 era? I think it’s EPS, but am hoping for clarification from you guys. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Anybody know who has been customizing the Lightning jerseys for the past few years, specifically the current blue style during the Reebok 2.0 era? I think it’s EPS, but am hoping for clarification from you guys. Thanks. 

Pretty sure TBL is done by Bobcat……

54 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Pretty sure TBL is done by Bobcat……

Ugh. You’re right. Now I remember. I should have sent this jersey in 10 years ago so I’d get it back by the end of 2021. 
Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Ugh. You’re right. Now I remember. I should have sent this jersey in 10 years ago so I’d get it back by the end of 2021. 
Thank you. 

Actually now might be a good time to send it in; they don’t have much to do right now.  Maybe you’ll get it back in 5 years instead of 10.  

9 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Actually now might be a good time to send it in; they don’t have much to do right now.  Maybe you’ll get it back in 5 years instead of 10.  

Should have sent it in when they won the cup…in 2004. 

• 5 months later...

According to a poster on the r/hockeyjerseys Discord, Blake's has only been doing the Stars since 2003 and Blake doesn't know who did them for the first ten years.

7 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

According to a poster on the r/hockeyjerseys Discord, Blake's has only been doing the Stars since 2003 and Blake doesn't know who did them for the first ten years.

I didn’t see that, was that mentioned today?  Do you remember what channel it was in?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 7:09 PM, LAK74 said:

I didn’t see that, was that mentioned today?  Do you remember what channel it was in?

Sorry, I'm really late getting back to you on this. I just found it.

https://discord.com/channels/419246493614997527/520606527707545631/991736188576743434

https://discord.com/channels/419246493614997527/520606527707545631/991739062618693743

16 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Sorry, I'm really late getting back to you on this. I just found it.

Thanks, appreciate the info!