Jump to content

It arrived today v. 8.0


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Van67 said:

Did Keener have nameplate material to match the jersey? Cutting Edge used what looks like old replica jersey material on mine.

Color and material doesn't look like a match to me. But looking at gamers from that season, it appears that at least some of them had a nameplate in a darker shade of blue, so that might very well be how it was done in the past. I was able to find the photo of the gamer that this jersey is based on while on others I found the back and sleeve 4s looked different.

Edited by perthisthereason
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

 

Yeah, pretty happy. I don't think it's even been washed judging by the tags. 

An authentic collectors dream really, I saw that one a couple years ago, but I never thought the day would come that he'd let it go.  Way to seize the opportunity.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

Color and material doesn't look like a match to me. But looking at gamers from that season, it appears that at least some of them had a nameplate in a darker shade of blue, so that might very well be how it was done in the past. I was able to find the photo of the gamer that this jersey is based on while on others I found the back and sleeve 4s looked different.

The nameplate not matching the jersey probably has something to do with the jersey material having its colours sublimated. Even my game worn Canucks reverse retro from this season has a nameplate that's just a tad darker than the jersey's body, but matches the arm material that's not sublimated. 

From what I've seen and read, that Islanders wave font never really was very consistent. I'm sure the nameplate f***up on mine ended up on someone's game jersey too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1999-00 Simon Gagne rookie with authentic NHL 2000 patch.  Not as good of a steal as that Coffey jersey, though ;) 

1999-00 Simon Gagne

 

1999-00 Simon Gagne (Back)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two more MIC pickups.

0RtP7Zk.jpg

zhlLHX4.jpgSo now I have both of the 2020 Stadium Series jerseys. My God, they are ugly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruins Charlie Coyle 20/21. Nice wear and repairs :) 
 

20210429_184257(0)

 

20210429_184455

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Size 56 CCM Quicklite.  Just got this one in, kid might be a good one 28 points 15 games in the WHL as a 15 year old.

51150925922_921ae030ea_k.jpg

51152703145_6af812aa60_k.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been sitting on this one for awhile.  Picked up the jersey about two years ago and finally got off my lazy Arse and finished it.  

1976 Sittler NHL record 10 point game tribute jersey.  I got the jersey completely blank along with the front crest.  Made the kit and shoulder logos and sourced the Rawlings tag off an old baseball jersey.  Got the blue neck lace off an old pair of shoes I had and here we are.

51157325386_cf1b6ae02b_b.jpg51158111484_1f64ec501f_b.jpg


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My newest jerseys. The Pittsburgh one is the first adidas jersey I've bought. It's a size 56 but I can't believe how small it is across the chest. I guess if I ever buy another adidas retail I'll have to buy a 60. It fits tighter than CCM 48's. I got it for about $50. I don't know if the customization is correct, I bought it to put one of my "Stronger Than Hate" patches on. The Wild is a size 58+.

DSC_0258

 

DSC_0260

 

DSC_0254DSC_0256

 

Finally a jersey that I've had for a while but somehow missed when photographing my jerseys.

DSC_0250

 

DSC_0252

 

Edited by Krendelev
Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE that Sittler jersey in the post above mine. Great job TMLFAN.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful Salming there. Long before my time, but I can always respect good stuff.

Added this one today. GI Leafs RR. It'll eventually get the seam ripper treatment to be made into a Marner (54 matches perfectly to Marner). These look much better in person, but still would have been so much better with white or off white rather than grey.

 

img%5D

 

51158457278_581fd54286.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to post this: Picked up my Andreas Johnsson Devils Reverse Retro set 1 game worn jersey on Monday.  Worn in the first three RR games this season, the jersey has some wear on it considering it was only worn in 3 games.  It has some burns/marks as well as a nice tear on the front stripe that was repaired.  I was able to match the tear to a photo from the second game against the Rangers in March, so I am happy.  I have to say, these look much better in person than on TV.

 

51160537630_bd130f3b67_c.jpg

51159430961_075a72f6bc_c.jpg

Edited by Devilsguy
Link to post
Share on other sites

And I will add another. Also a Set 1 game worn. This one is super clean, probably because pucks never hit Devils retro jerseys, they just go straight into the net. Despite that, it does have marks on the crest that I saw on there while he was playing in it, so I know they’ll be easily matched. 

51158930237_bedd40fd32_b.jpg51158930232_5b5848bea0_b.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And I will add another. Also a Set 1 game worn. This one is super clean, probably because pucks never hit Devils retro jerseys, they just go straight into the net. Despite that, it does have marks on the crest that I saw on there while he was playing in it, so I know they’ll be easily matched. 

51158930237_bedd40fd32_b.jpg51158930232_5b5848bea0_b.jpg

Congrats and it looks great!

Those marks definitely made it matchable to the third RR game on 3/16/21.

Buffalo Sabres v New Jersey Devils : News Photo

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Those are really exciting by Devils jersey standards. 

But seriously, congrats to you guys. They look awesome!

Wow, I didn't even get called a jerk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Forgot to post this: Picked up my Andreas Johnsson Devils Reverse Retro set 1 game worn jersey on Monday.  Worn in the first three RR games this season, the jersey has some wear on it considering it was only worn in 3 games.  It has some burns/marks as well as a nice tear on the front stripe that was repaired.  I was able to match the tear to a photo from the second game against the Rangers in March, so I am happy.  I have to say, these look much better in person than on TV.

 

51160537630_bd130f3b67_c.jpg

51159430961_075a72f6bc_c.jpg

I think I'm supposed to make some sort of "you shouldn't post pictures of your Johnsson online because once you do, they're out there forever" joke. But I think I covered that when I previously bought a Cam Johnson jersey. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Congrats and it looks great!

Those marks definitely made it matchable to the third RR game on 3/16/21.

Thanks for the photomatch! Per usual, it was a better shot than the two I had found. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Thanks for the photomatch! Per usual, it was a better shot than the two I had found. 

Maybe...............TWSS?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid pickups in here this week! Love all the RRs and that Sittler is unreal.  I've sourced the same tag for one of my North Stars rawlings.  Also I think that Hershey bauer is fire, I love that white version with the crimson accents, a jersey I'd love to own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Maybe...............TWSS?

Sure, why not, she says everything else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing to display here.

only thing arriving today is myself. 

no clue that the old board had migrated elsewhere. thanks, Google.

 

quick, someone sell me a MIC 'hawks sweater. I've been without a fix for awhile...

 

Edited by vadarx
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...