It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Wow, what a cool story.  Glad you found the jersey, not to mention your wife-  Happy Anniversary!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, jsh139 said:

Damnn, looks like I missed some fun. 😔

It wasn't any fun. 

TWSS

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Wow, what a cool story.  Glad you found the jersey, not to mention your wife-  Happy Anniversary!

Thanks! :D

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

And the Flyers STILL haven't won a Stanley Cup! It's a win-win for everyone!!

When AV and Kevin Hayes help this team win one, I’ll be rubbing it in extra good for you Rags fans. And that’s what she said! Lol. 

Nice pickup(s) Josh! ... both the jersey and the girl!😊

Edited by JJM4

7 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Nice pickup(s) Josh! ... both the jersey and the girl!😊

😂 thanks! Both worth keeping 😉

Got this one in today:  MacKenzie Blackwood 2018-19 white set 3 game worn jersey.  This was worn by Blackwood in 6 games last season and posting a 2-4 record.  Matched to marks on the right sleeve/shoulder from the game against the Panthers on 4/6/19 that was an overtime win.

296335A3-B7E3-48B9-9D4D-AF271F8BF9A9.jpeg.bb035c07c19f0f485dbe26cc160e8de5.jpeg

Edited by Devilsguy

Another new pick-up: Ilya Kovalchuk 2012 Stanley Cup Finals white set 1 game worn jersey.  This jersey was worn by Ilya in game 3 of the finals in LA.  Love having a piece from the finals from the most talented forward in Devils history.

52D4464E-DF55-43F1-B524-71F8EB9F31F2.jpeg.5e2aace6cfd547bc0d2bab3dcddf02ba.jpeg79D70B86-8B52-49CC-8BF9-FFBCA7B2292B.jpeg.d71be4e0c212e22bd9575ca1519b9068.jpeg

Edited by Devilsguy

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I take back everything good I’ve ever said about you. 

;) 

Terrible:(

I still stand by my last statement.

I will never own a Kovy jersey but I cant disagree with your last statement. Nice pickup

19 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Love having a piece from the finals from the most talented forward in Devils history.

I think a lot of Devils fans think a lot higher of him because of the Cup run in 2012 and the good stats he put up that year. 

The way he left made him a little b*tch in my book and I’ll never change my mind, even though his career basically tanked thereafter and we didn’t have to pay him for the next 50 years or however long that stupid contract was. 

I got to thinking, who else is a really talented guy and wasn’t here that long? Taylor Hall. So I compared stats (as a Devil). 

Kovalsuck: 216 GP, 89 G, 112 A

Hall: 211 GP,  76 G, 132 A

Some notables from the last month or so,

’17-18 Stars Radulov, no real wear since he wears 3 jerseys a game

DSCF3243 2DSCF3247 2

‘02-03 Thrashers Kovalchuk, pretty hammered so made for an easy photo match to multiple images

DSCF3236 2DSCF3237 2

‘03-04 Thrashers Kozlov, another easy match due to having 9 repairs on one sleeve alone.

DSCF3364 2DSCF3370 2

‘02-03 Sabres Zhitnik, again pretty beat up. Easy match.

DSCF3254 2DSCF3259 2

2014 Russia Sochi Olympics Ovechkin, no idea how this got out into the wild, never made for retail but apparently a NIKE sales person let it out, anyway thrilled to add it. 

DSCF3381 2DSCF3382 2

2007 Finals Selanne. These one year ducks are tough to find but finally landed one.

DSCF3267 2DSCF3268 2

1997 Finals Vladdy, nothing special but just worth mentioning I’m trying to pull a full set (NIKE) of the Russian Five together so if you have one (ideally white and 52 and up) please reach out.

DSCF3338 2DSCF3347 2

Very nice QAR, great additions!

I'm not sure if they're random or you're a Kovy or Thrashers guy, but there's an 08-09 Kovy on Facebook Marketplace in Calgary for sale, listed for 1750 and I'm assuming canadian $ which would be about $78.50 US :D

Konstantinov might just be the biggest nightmare name to sew down. Either that or Vanbiesbrouck on the arch. Thank God Jamie Langenbrunner never played anywhere with an arch or without a nameplate.

Funny story: A friend of mine way back when was in love with Jamie Langenbrunner for whatever reason. I did up a Stars jersey of his for her birthday one year. It turned out that the only size I could get for her was a 6100 sz 46 because of how small she was/is. The nameplate was so long on the back, it went to almost halfway between the elbow and the shoulder seam on each side.

4 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Konstantinov might just be the biggest nightmare name to sew down. Either that or Vanbiesbrouck on the arch. Thank God Jamie Langenbrunner never played anywhere with an arch or without a nameplate.

Funny story: A friend of mine way back when was in love with Jamie Langenbrunner for whatever reason. I did up a Stars jersey of his for her birthday one year. It turned out that the only size I could get for her was a 6100 sz 46 because of how small she was/is. The nameplate was so long on the back, it went to almost halfway between the elbow and the shoulder seam on each side.

Can confirm about stitching a Red Wings Konstantinov.  Absolute nightmare.