It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

On 4/2/2020 at 11:42 PM, KB67 said:

Finished off my Canucks/Grizzlies Mashup jersey tonight, I think it turned out great. 

Grizzlies Canucks Warmup Jersey

So my creation ended up getting picked up by BarDown today, here’s the article they wrote about it. Pretty cool. Over 18,000 likes later on Instagram, and my notifications haven’t stopped for more than 1 minute over the last 6 hours. Crazy day....

https://www.bardown.com/redditor-combines-canucks-and-grizzlies-themes-for-custom-quinn-hughes-jersey-1.1463379

Edited by KB67

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on the story, it is a beauty of a jersey!

8 hours ago, KB67 said:

So my creation ended up getting picked up by BarDown today, here’s the article they wrote about it. Pretty cool. Over 18,000 likes later on Instagram, and my notifications haven’t stopped for more than 1 minute over the last 6 hours. Crazy day....

https://www.bardown.com/redditor-combines-canucks-and-grizzlies-themes-for-custom-quinn-hughes-jersey-1.1463379

Maybe I should do that for the Devils and another New Jersey pro sports team...hey, wait a minute!!

I guess an old NJ Nets throwback would be the closest...

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe I should do that for the Devils and another New Jersey pro sports team...hey, wait a minute!!

I guess an old NJ Nets throwback would be the closest...

Jets, Giants, and Red Bulls are all pro NJ teams

58 minutes ago, Crash Line said:

Jets, Giants, and Red Bulls are all pro NJ teams

New Jersey Rockin’ Rollers.

ive has multiple requests to do up a Canucks and Vancouver VooDoo mashup.....

I’ve thought of doing a Devils in the original blue, red and gold Colorado Rockies colors, maybe this is something that I should investigate while having literally nothing else to do. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

1988-89 Denis Savard Chicago Blackhawks Road “Pinhead” Jersey.  I have wanted one for these for awhile.  The only downfall...it's a size 42

Beauty! Was that from the UK seller? I was looking at a jersey with him, but his prices were absurd for inaccurately customized jerseys

51 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Beauty! Was that from the UK seller? I was looking at a jersey with him, but his prices were absurd for inaccurately customized jerseys

No, it was one I found on reddit a couple months ago. Bad custom job too, but it cleaned up nicely, and restored very nicely.

Wow, love that Savard!

1 hour ago, Zack845 said:

Forgive the dumb question but can someone explain what 'pinhead' refers to on that Blackhawks crest?

For a short period of time (1987-89) the Hawks crest became a flatter shape then in years past. They have been described as flat faced or Pinhead crests. Here is a good website that has some good info on Hawks jerseys: 
https://blackhawksjerseyhistory.weebly.com/

kijiji find arrived Friday
From the lockout shortened season, Big Ern only played the first two home games, and didn't play on the team's following 7 game road trip, but this was ready for him if he did. He was assigned to the Admirals nearly a month later, then traded to the Flames

Fully customized with two fight straps (next post)

EUs-RXsU8AEqAK-?format=jpgEUs-R6jUUAAacd-?format=jpg

12 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

For a short period of time (1987-89) the Hawks crest became a flatter shape then in years past. They have been described as flat faced or Pinhead crests. Here is a good website that has some good info on Hawks jerseys: 
https://blackhawksjerseyhistory.weebly.com/

Thanks! That site is super helpful - Had no idea there was that much variation in the Blackhawks sweaters. Also can't believe I never came across that site before. Appreciate the info!

20 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Not all. Maybe a little more than half.

So is it possible to get a team-issued blank MLS jersey? Also, I've always wondered how they did the name/numbers on MLS jerseys. Are they stitched like all the other leagues?

The difference between retail on-field and game-worn MLS jerseys is zero. I've held them side-by-side and tried to find a difference and I can't. Everything is the same. Tagging, crests, sponsors, lettering. Nothing is stitched; it's all either heat-pressed rubber (crests and MLS logos) or vinyl (lettering). The older versions like Nike did have different aspects that you couldn't find in stores but the Adidas stuff is really identical. I've always had a small fear in my stomach that all the "worn" jerseys I've ever bought are just retail stuff and that I got hosed big-time. In fact, here's a funny story. I brought my soccer stuff to the last MeiGray Expo and I didn't realize until someone commented on one of my Red Bulls ones that I'd brought my RETAIL version and not the actual worn one! The only difference was the size.

I've never seen any advertising for buying game-worn MLS stuff. Is it just team-based or is there a MGG-like company that does it? I'd love to pick up a Fire gamer.

It's a shame that Adidas and the NHL cant figure out a way to put out true authentics like they do for the MLS.