Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

I think you just found Fitz’s new avatar. 

Actually, wouldn’t it have to be YOUR avatar? Otherwise my avatar would be calling you a jerk instead of your avatar calling me a jerk. 

I’ll conclude by re-posting this. 

48954687673_6eed001847_b.jpg

17 hours ago, brew said:

beauty

Thanks!

Interesting.  I didn't realize that the military jerseys came in brown.  I assumed they were all army green, like the Flyers, Blackhawks, and Bruins I had seen.  Cool!

Picked this up.  Wasn't really looking for one, but it was sitting there for $45 with 1 bid and I couldn't bare to see it go for so cheap, haha.  I'll probably make it into a Brind'Amour or a Lindros once Keener opens back up.

1994-96 Flyers home white

1994-96_Flyers

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Picked this up.  Wasn't really looking for one, but it was sitting there for $45 with 1 bid and I couldn't bare to see it go for so cheap, haha. 

I too have a stack of jerseys I didn't want or need but couldn't let sell for a ridiculously low price.  😄

20 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I too have a stack of jerseys I didn't want or need but couldn't let sell for a ridiculously low price.  😄

That situation has to be one of @mfitz804’s jersey terms 😂

Well this one doesn't fall into the category of going for a low price, but it was near the floor of where these things go for in new condition so I made the purchase. Plus I had just sold a jersey which a little more than offset the cost of this one. Happy to add it, will be a Bondra rookie soon enough. 

90-91 Caps size 52

49229321826_4f98ef9d96_k.jpg

Also recently got this one back from the embroidery place I'm using locally and they did a great job.  Matched up the font of the Pedersons wordmark to go on the hem of the 1984 North Star jerseys. 

49228857533_f9929127f8_k.jpg

The Oilers discussion was all for naught as I'm gonna move that to fund this pick up right here:

0AE28x0.jpg20oUMTb.jpg

A 2011 World Juniors gamer of John Klingberg. There's some decent wear on this thing despite the minimal games that were played in it, and I'm beyond thrilled to add this to my collection. I also had a couple other jerseys come in recently.

zgb2ZOz.jpgwqxQ6RE.jpg

Love these cannon alts.

KUij2uv.jpgUHAJ9gy.jpg

Just a basic ol' preseason gamer but in a very nice (and wearable) size 52.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:12 PM, jsh139 said:

Interesting.  I didn't realize that the military jerseys came in brown.  I assumed they were all army green, like the Flyers, Blackhawks, and Bruins I had seen.  Cool!

Not great colors from my phone cam then, it's a very dark olive green..   not quite as green as the auction picture

n4M6pQWp0plqnhqjm0=

Edited by brew

I haven't posted a new arrival in a while.  I got this in the other day along with a nice black game used Elias helmet.

Kyle Palmieri 2018-19 Heritage game worn jersey.  This was worn in 3 of the 4 Heritage night games last season (he was out injured in the last Heritage night game).  Has some decent wear for limited use and nice companion to my Coleman gamer from this same set.

Edited by Devilsguy

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I haven't posted a new arrival in a while.  I got this in the other day along with a nice black game used Elias helmet.

Kyle Palmieri 2018-19 Heritage game worn jersey.  This was worn in 3 of the 4 Heritage night games last season (he was out injured in the last Heritage night game).  Has some decent wear for limited use and nice companion to my Coleman gamer from this same set.

Very nice! I have to say when Adidas 3rds were announced, I was hoping we'd get something a little different, but I think these white retros look even better than the red ones that Reebok had made. Great pickup. 

Liking that Palmieri, nice pickup!

B-West in the house.  This was too cheap to pass up.  There are so many NFL fakes out there, but sometimes you can find a diamond in the rough.

2007 Brian Westbrook, home green

2007 Brian Westbrook

2007 Brian Westbrook (Back)

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

What could you have been hoping for? The throwback closet only has a couple hangers in it. 😅

I was hoping it would be a new design, not a throwback. 

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was hoping it would be a new design, not a throwback. 

I think what I like the most about the Devil's jerseys is that they've stayed true to their style through the years. 
It's gotta be the easiest team to close out having one of each style. 
When you go through each team on the jersey database NJ shows the least changes. 

3 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I think what I like the most about the Devil's jerseys is that they've stayed true to their style through the years. 
It's gotta be the easiest team to close out having one of each style. 
When you go through each team on the jersey database NJ shows the least changes. 

As a fan, I agree. As a jersey collector, I would love to get a new style. Not change the old one, but a 3rd could be completely different and still maintain the integrity of the original home/road.

Of course, they’ve changed those too...

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

As a fan, I agree. As a jersey collector, I would love to get a new style. Not change the old one, but a 3rd could be completely different and still maintain the integrity of the original home/road.

Of course, they’ve changed those too...

I know black jerseys are all the rage these days, so seeing another black jersey would be repetitive, but I think the Devils colour scheme but with a black jersey would be amazing.

9 hours ago, KB67 said:

I know black jerseys are all the rage these days, so seeing another black jersey would be repetitive, but I think the Devils colour scheme but with a black jersey would be amazing.

Yup. Maybe an alternate logo, whatever. Jealous of all the Wild Wings and Buffaslugs I guess. 

Been working on this since the summer.  Was sold as a U of T Varsity Blues jersey and was absolutely trashed when I got it as you can see 

49261251533_0bfd7af63b_b.jpg49261251528_7e82e16932_b.jpg

Heavy black marks all over, some small holes, staining around the original logo and dots of yellow glue under the numbers that wouldn’t come off no matter what I used.  A member pointed me to some dude on Facebook called Mongo’s jersey restoration and 6 months later here we are.

49261251573_98a1479fb6_b.jpg49261722626_cab7bfdd53_b.jpg

Dude did a really good job.  Got rid of all the yellow glue and crest staining and lessened the look of the black marks a lot.  Just did a really good job freshening up the jersey.  Still far from perfect but for a 40 year old original Maska jersey it will do just fine.

Thanks go out to jsh139 for giving me a heads up about Mongo, Brilliant for being the shipping mule since buddy wouldn’t ship to Canada, and hockeybob for the hookup on the Maska tag it’s missing.