It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks my man. It’s my most recent collection focus attempt. I am really enjoying it and of course, they are harder to find so I get the thrill of the hunt combined with not spending every last available dollar on jerseys lol. 

On 12/28/2018 at 6:57 AM, perthisthereason said:

Got this in the mail today. Love the early 90s Sabres jerseys.

qiIwlh4.jpg

XIfwiek.jpg

B-E-A-YOOTIFUL. Wow. Sabres have to go back to this design. 

Love that jersey style; I recently picked one up myself!

Edited by LAK74

Just now, jsh139 said:

That's cool that EPS still had the nameplate material to do the camo and HFC jerseys, @mfitz804.

Have to be honest, I have sent EPS many different jerseys over the years and the only one they didn't have perfect matching material for was the 2002 All Star (Burgundy) jersey. 

I did, however, still ask in advance as to whether they had the material, so I did know going in. Personally, I liked the look of the Devils jerseys better the year before, when they used a black nameplate with white letters:

fetch?id=7365&d=1448289589&type=full

But, Hall wasn't on the team yet, and I decided to go that way. 

Correct me if I'm wrong and if this is stupid, but can't they also just sublimate nameplates to get a matching colour. I swear I read that somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Correct me if I'm wrong and if this is stupid, but can't they also just sublimate nameplates to get a matching colour. I swear I read that somewhere.

I've heard that too, but with reference to the 2002 ASG jersey above, they just said they use the Avalanche burgundy and that it matches, but when it came back, it was actually somewhat darker and different in texture (the material of those jerseys was weird). 

So if they can do it, they chose not to in that instance. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I've heard that too, but with reference to the 2002 ASG jersey above, they just said they use the Avalanche burgundy and that it matches, but when it came back, it was actually somewhat darker and different in texture (the material of those jerseys was weird). 

Maybe that was an instance where Josh thinks he has a match or has something that resembles really close.

As we all know, Josh is insists on using EDGE material for all EDGE era jerseys. I don't know if it makes sense to keep large quantity of EDGE material on hand in a variety of colours, especially with how expensive EDGE material is. For unique colours where they aren't the team customizers like Pittsburgh Stadium Series Yellow,  Penguins Baby Blue, Oilers Orange, etc, they are able to fulfill these requests still. So I wouldn't be surprised if they just have white, and can sublimate that. Once you get into even older styles and ultafils, it is tough to imagine holding the entire rainbow as stock (especially since it is outdated and most requests will be coming from a niche group).

39 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Maybe that was an instance where Josh thinks he has a match or has something that resembles really close.

As we all know, Josh is insists on using EDGE material for all EDGE era jerseys. I don't know if it makes sense to keep large quantity of EDGE material on hand in a variety of colours, especially with how expensive EDGE material is. For unique colours where they aren't the team customizers like Pittsburgh Stadium Series Yellow,  Penguins Baby Blue, Oilers Orange, etc, they are able to fulfill these requests still. So I wouldn't be surprised if they just have white, and can sublimate that. Once you get into even older styles and ultafils, it is tough to imagine holding the entire rainbow as stock (especially since it is outdated and most requests will be coming from a niche group).

It definitely would make sense to do that, if it’s not cost prohibitive. I have no idea what it costs to sublimate a nameplate color. 

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They can sublimate a plate, but you have to ask.  I had a burgundy 2002 ASG done by them this past year and they sublimated it; it looks pretty close.

21 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

They can sublimate a plate, but you have to ask.  I had a burgundy 2002 ASG done by them this past year and they sublimated it; it looks pretty close.

I just asked if they had the material and they told me the Avs material worked. It was before I really knew better and I just took their word.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Have to be honest, I have sent EPS many different jerseys over the years and the only one they didn't have perfect matching material for was the 2002 All Star (Burgundy) jersey. 

I did, however, still ask in advance as to whether they had the material, so I did know going in. Personally, I liked the look of the Devils jerseys better the year before, when they used a black nameplate with white letters:

But, Hall wasn't on the team yet, and I decided to go that way. 

Agreed. I like the black nameplate better, too. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. 

48 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Agreed. I like the black nameplate better, too. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. 

I consulted the prior year’s roster. I could’ve gone Palmieri, otherwise, pretty bleak. Almost said f it and did it Hall with the black nameplate, but I could t do it. 

Nah, good choice.  A foul would probably bother you and force you to sell it.  Actually, you'll probably sell it anyway, haha.  At least now you'll get more for it ;)

On 1/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, mfitz804 said:

Got a visit from the EPS Fairy today. These first two I got at least a year ago, I thought I would just keep them blank, but that thought didn't last. 

And, some goalie cuts. First one is from a board member but purchased on eBay (I bid before I realized). Second is a blank I got on eBay for less than $40 after coupon and eBay Bucks were applied.

Nice haul!  The CCM Brodeur is especially nice.  Looks great.

22 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Nice haul!  The CCM Brodeur is especially nice.  Looks great.

Thanks!! That one was an eBay find that I wasn’t sure I really wanted, so I threw in a low level bid. The seller then contacted me and sought a deal through IJ, which I declined because I only put in the bid because if it stayed that low, I wanted it. 

It stayed that low. I offered the seller the opportunity to back out, cancel and try again for more money, but he declined. 

The two Brodeurs above cost me less than $225   out of pocket all in, so I’m pretty happy about that. 

OK, so maybe I went to two hockey games over my vacation, and a rookie call-up just happened to pitch two consecutive shutouts and I got excited. It happens. But I needed one of these in red, and it fits my new goalie collection, soooo...

2017-18 New Jersey Devils Mackenzie Blackwood Game Worn (back-up only). He was called up for one day to serve as backup to Ken Appleby while both Cory Schneider and Keith Kinkaid were hurt. Didn't see any action but clearly took some shots in practice as there are puck marks on the arms (especially the white parts) and marks along the bottom front hem. 

I'm not usually a game worn guy, but as that is the only way to get these Adidas jerseys for the time being, I took a leap. 

Maybe he's our next starter, maybe he goes back to the AHL and we never hear from him again. Either way, I have his first NHL jersey. 

31646702167_75106e555e_b.jpg

31646702287_436d838a6e_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That name in and of itself is a TWSS.

Indeed. A slight gap between the letters and you have something else entirely. 

Edited by mfitz804

I’m on a roll, might as well continue. 

This one was previously mine and was re-acquired from the board member I sold it to. I’m very pleased it has come back to me. 

45688170445_a80786dd4d_b.jpg45688170435_186ca00ca1_b.jpg