It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Just now, furiousd said:

So has some of the shine worn off the MiC Adidas?  I thought the reviews were pretty uniformly positive back when they started to trickle out.  (I still have never seen an MiC NHL in person.)

My opinion on the Adizero hasn't changed since I got my hands on my first one about a year ago.  They are nice, but I would rank them towards the bottom of the on-ice totem pole. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one (Colorado Av's) and I spoze it was OK but I am a big fan of the 6100 style. The crest and shoulder patches look / feel really cheaply made.

Outside of my home team I highly doubt that I will be collecting the Adidas ones 

Don't get me started on the Adizero's - those are compareable to the stuff from China

Edited by Hockey Bob
added

12 minutes ago, furiousd said:

So has some of the shine worn off the MiC Adidas?  I thought the reviews were pretty uniformly positive back when they started to trickle out.  (I still have never seen an MiC NHL in person.)

MIC are still better, but beneath the Edge and 6100 in many opinions, including mine. 

7 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Don't get me started on the Adizero's - those are compareable to the stuff from China

They are fairly bad. I ordered one of the Devils Heritage jerseys and I am already regretting having done so, anticipating the poor quality of it. It may have to get returned like my previous two Devils Indos. 

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They are fairly bad. I ordered one of the Devils Heritage jerseys and I am already regretting having done so, anticipating the poor quality of it. It may have to get returned like my previous two Devils Indos. 

I bought and returned the Hawks Winter Classic.

I love the stlye but the quality was trash.

My only regret is that when I returned it they stuck me for a $10-$15 restocking fee, if I wouldv'e listed it on eBay I probably would have made a few bucks but it was worth the loss to fill out the form telling them it was being returned due to poor quality.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

MIC are still better, but beneath the Edge and 6100 in many opinions, including mine. 

Agree 100%

At first I wasn't the biggest fan for the edge, especially the 1.0,  but once they went to the 2.0, that was much better.  But the 6100 were the best.  Although I still love Ultrafils!  However, I can see why they would want something lighter, and more breathable. With the Adizero, it is getting to the point were they are in jeopardy of losing the hockey jersey feel for the sake to lightness. Practice jerseys with the screened on crest...come on!  And don't get me started on the whole Indo jerseys...ugh!

3 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I wonder what's coming next that will make the Adidas jerseys look good. 

Thinking about investing in tissue paper and lace  

I’m afraid we’ll see something paper thin and crap quality like soccer jerseys or the current MLB jerseys. For the pro, I guess they’re light and that’s all that matters. For the collector, give me thick and heavy ultrafil all day long.

Only saving grace might be Nike’s NFL jerseys. I’ve actually really liked them since they took over the contract a few years ago. Main body material feels substantial and is stretchy as hell. Original flywire collars were garbage but the revised ones are nicer 

I don't mind the adidas MiC jerseys.  I like the cut a little better and that stupid scoop hem line was fixed.  The material is pretty nice too IMO.

I am not getting the Devils Heritage Adizero for the time being.  It's 100% because they are just awful and basically a glorified replica.  I may get one down the line to wear to games, but just not for me right now.

Sounds like I’m going to be in the minority but I like the MIC better than the edge 2.0 / edge 3.0 that I have. 

The cut is better. The material definitely breathes better than the older stuff when playing. 

I haven’t seen the shoulder patches because the leafs don’t have them and the practice jerseys I use when playing dont have them either. 

The indo stuff is pure trash. I returned one due to poor quality immediately, but kept the arenas jersey because they are few and far between

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Pretty much! I had a couple others in passing (mostly ECHL or AHL), but as far as NHL goes, yes. Though, of course, had it only been Game Issued, it wouldn’t have impacted my decision. 

When I have a few moments I’m going to do a comparison of a Reebok 58G, Reebok 58+, and their Adidas counterparts. A teaser? They are not alike. 

Adidas 58+ over Adidas 58G. Goalie jersey is at least 2 inches wider in the body plus larger underarm gussets. 

45650762274_3480d3610a_b.jpg

11 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I don't mind the adidas MiC jerseys.  I like the cut a little better and that stupid scoop hem line was fixed. 

Yeah, and replaced with stupid wave stripes. Dumbest thing ever 

5 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Yeah, and replaced with stupid wave stripes. Dumbest thing ever 

I'll take those wave stripes over that scoop cut any day.

IR1RRJH.jpg

TI Reebok 6100 bought from eBay for less than $30 shipped. That’s a steal and a half. 

There’s some slight evidence of it having been previously customized as a Graves but it’s fairly faint and shouldn’t show too badly once it’s been recustomized. 

Christmas came a little early!
2001-02 John LeClair, road set 1. Has some nice black marks, burns and blood/sweat stains. Photo-matched to a black mark on the sleeve. Love it!

2001-02_Flyers_LeClair_01

2001-02_Flyers_LeClair_02

2001-02_Flyers_LeClair_06

Awesome LeClair!  Such a likeable star player and a great Flyers look. 

Love how he just turned it on as soon as he was traded from MTL.

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Awesome LeClair!  Such a likeable star player and a great Flyers look. 

Love how he just turned it on as soon as he was traded from MTL.

Thanks! One of my favorite players and 2nd favorite Flyers style. Wish I could find one from the legion of doom days but I’ll take what I can get! He still played 82 games that season and scored 25 goals with 26 assists for 51 pts. Not too shabby. 

29 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Thanks! One of my favorite players and 2nd favorite Flyers style. Wish I could find one from the legion of doom days but I’ll take what I can get! He still played 82 games that season and scored 25 goals with 26 assists for 51 pts. Not too shabby. 

I was tempted to pick up his Habs #17 jersey that the seller from Hawaii had a couple months ago. I don't think the customization was accurate though and it still might be available.

27 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I was tempted to pick up his Habs #17 jersey that the seller from Hawaii had a couple months ago. I don't think the customization was accurate though and it still might be available.

Can’t beat an old school habs. 

9 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Why the Schneider was expendable

I choose to believe it was my powers of persuasion. It wasn’t. 

Mail Day!

91-92 Sakic Nordiques. He did wear the 'C' occasionally that year but he more consistently wore the 'A' that season, so I went with the latter. 

45483299365_bd09ecbc76_z.jpg88t70YNKQ2G4Q4vVr9FUKA

44578757300_ac4be7af09_k.jpgNHnT%xb3Roi2Jq+gk%j+gw 

45483299945_8dbe9bd9f8_k.jpgpYyNReERR8ihLDCnsDbw1Q 

16-17 Oilers

45672416124_04a9fdfb9f_k.jpgDyoNi2isTpGXLQOqE7wtAA

45483298395_31746774f8_k.jpgZjSxB3jmRVClhYdwVHaSUg

45483297195_8feb9c206a_k.jpgN4hLQwB1QrWNp%A4ftitbQ