It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Got this one in today: 2007-08 Brian Gionta game worn jersey.  The Meigray tag and population report lists this as a set 3 / PO set, but I was actually able to match this starting with the 1/5/08 game which was during set 2 up until the 3/8/08 game which was the first game of set 3.  Has nice wear for an Edge jersey and has custom tightened sleeves with elastic built in.  Really digging this jersey!

Edited by Devilsguy

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Wait, what? Is someone else doing this year's jersey or are they not offering this customization to the public? If not, I'd have to imagine EPS or Keener will be able to do it. 

I'm chatting with NHL.com right now to get a return label

I take that back. I confirmed with CSL they are doing the on ice Hawks for the Winter Classic

19 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Really debated about picking one of these up because it's not an actual on-ice authentic, but the chances of those becoming available are zero unless I spend stupid money on a gamer. So I ordered a Kane from NHL.com and geez... had you told me this jersey was a Chinese knockoff, I would have believed you. The crest is great (felt, chain stitching, somewhat substantial), but the jersey quality as a whole and the felt numbers? They feel like absolute garbage. Can't explain it any other way. It feels absolutely horrendous. As much as I love the design of this jersey I don't think I can keep it. I would never wear something as cheap feeling as this. Going to sit on it until I get back from the holidays but this is almost certainly being sent back.

1542663465741-vi.jpg

Just a heads up, I returned mine today - I bought it through the NHL.com website

If anyone else is thinking about returning just be aware they do not refund sales tax and the return shipping costs.
Also, it will take about 15 days to get the refund.
I may be out $16.08 but better than keeping that hunk of junk.

*One other thing I read in their return policy is that they do not give refunds on customized items.
I ordered my WC with Kane on it so I was concerned that it would be considered "customized" and they would not issue a refund.
(they put in their return policy if they get a customized item back they will not issue a credit and they will donate the item to a charity)
 I called NHL.com and they confirmed that it is considered an "Event item" NOT a customized item so I will be getting most of my $ back.

Save yourself the trouble, look at MDWSTA4's pics and steer clear of the Indo junk. It really does look and feel like a made in China rag.

Lesson learned, hopefully they get enough returns to make them re-think putting out the low grade garbage.

23 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

If anyone else is thinking about returning just be aware they do not refund sales tax and the return shipping costs.
Also, it will take about 15 days to get the refund.
I may be out $16.08 but better than keeping that hunk of junk.

NHL.com didn't mention anything about tax or shipping when I was instant messaging them last night, but whatever. I'd much rather be out $16 than to keep the jersey.

I did debate about ordering a blank 54 to strip the crest and use the jersey itself for shinny, but at $140 it wasn't worth it. The 25% off coupon that most of us used last week no longer worked on jerseys, but NHL.com was willing to offer it to me on a new order if I wanted. I declined

If it's anything like last year's WC or SS jerseys, they'll be on sale at Dicks or online for 50-60% off. If I find one for $80 I'll buy it just to remove the crest.

The TI Adizero jerseys are already thinner than the Edges (or probably any other pre-Edge jersey). The Indo jerseys are even thinner and just feel so cheap in comparison to anything I’ve ever owned. And don’t get me started on the Fanatics replica. It literally feels like a T-shirt, or one of those cheap no-name jerseys you’d find at Target with a screened on crest.

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

*One other thing I read in their return policy is that they do not give refunds on customized items.
I ordered my WC with Kane on it so I was concerned that it would be considered "customized" and they would not issue a refund.
(they put in their return policy if they get a customized item back they will not issue a credit and they will donate the item to a charity)
 I called NHL.com and they confirmed that it is considered an "Event item" NOT a customized item so I will be getting most of my $ back.

Was it listed as a Kane jersey? If so, it's PRE-customized, which they do accept returns for. If you do the "any name or number" version and you choose the player yourself, then it is customized and non-returnable.

At least that's how it was explained to me. I did return a pre-customized Taylor Hall jersey because the customization was a$$.

Edited by mfitz804

I picked up some stuff at CSL today and they had boxes and boxes of Hawks WC jerseys to get done up. They said they've got around 1,700 to get through. I'll post my WC when I get it back, but thinking it may be a while until they get through that backlog.

2 minutes ago, TheBZ said:

I picked up some stuff at CSL today and they had boxes and boxes of Hawks WC jerseys to get done up. They said they've got around 1,700 to get through. I'll post my WC when I get it back, but thinking it may be a while until they get through that backlog.

Here's what I picked up!

32103555808_d49fc06f45.jpg

45250017584_ca1b858964.jpg

45974304261_fb0e64e7a4.jpg

And an Adidas DeBrincat, but I see those are not popular here :)

Nice pickups!! Is the Cat a TI? And did you happen to get a look at any of the WC stuff they're working on? Like say the practice jerseys...? 

14 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Nice pickups!! Is the Cat a TI? And did you happen to get a look at any of the WC stuff they're working on? Like say the practice jerseys...? 

Man I wish, no just a lame Indo. Unfortunately, I didn't see any team stuff. I always keep an eye out and can sometimes catch a glimpse inside the work room lol.

A month or so ago I did get to see the 'demo' jersey - what Toews ended up wearing in the promo photos. They said the lettering kit on that one came from Stahls (sp?) but that what they would be using would be much better stuff. Hoping for some cool practice jerseys as well.

TI Adidas Avalanche:

zAESBnc.jpg

Since Denver Athletic can no longer do Avs jerseys, this is going to EPS no matter what, even if I decide to have it done as a 17-18 with the 100th patch.

8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

TI Adidas Avalanche:

Since Denver Athletic can no longer do Avs jerseys, this is going to EPS no matter what, even if I decide to have it done as a 17-18 with the 100th patch.

Nice!  Did you wash Kurt's stank off of it?  🤣

8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

TI Adidas Avalanche:

Why can't DA do Avs jerseys anymore?

28 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Why can't DA do Avs jerseys anymore?

They lost the contract and sold off all the Adidas TI MiC’s they had, that’s why you are seeing so many Avs Adidas Gamers floating around.

1 hour ago, KB67 said:

They lost the contract and sold off all the Adidas TI MiC’s they had, that’s why you are seeing so many Avs Adidas Gamers floating around.

So they won't even customize one if you send it to them?

On 11/20/2018 at 11:38 PM, TheKevinShow said:

TI Adidas Avalanche:

zAESBnc.jpg

EPS does the Av's gamers now.

13 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

EPS does the Av's gamers now.

That's why I said that. Even if there is some slight difference between how DA did theirs and how EPS does them (someone pointed out that the only noticeable difference is how the edges of the nameplates are finished and I'm not going to quibble about that) I'm still going to have EPS do it.

Got this one in today:  Vadim Sharifijanov 99-00 white set 1 game worn.  The Devils took the white set 1's that year and added a SCF to most of them to be used as a backup set.  However, very few of those were used in the finals.  A few of the white set 1's made it out without having the SCF patch added and this is one of them.  Some good wear and love these ProPlayers.

Edited by Devilsguy

I've always wondered why Denver Athletic didn't serge their nameplates. Did they not have any machines? Is thread at a premium out west? Are they anti-French? I guess we'll never know.