It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Those are great looking but the nameplates are nearly impossible to find. Some replicas come close but nothing ever hits it 100%. Hell, I even found an uncrested blank a few years back that I wanted to use for plates and IT didn't match up either. What a hassle.

Dude, I had one of those all stars back in the day and the actual jersey itself was three different shades of purple.  

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45602658652_8a45a8fc1e_b.jpg31780674058_fbaca41b63_b.jpg

Brand new minty fresh limited edition st pats.  I’ve had and sold probably 5 of these over the years but this one I’ll finally hold onto to.

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Brand new minty fresh limited edition st pats.  I’ve had and sold probably 5 of these over the years but this one I’ll finally hold onto to.

....and one of those you sold to me....which I customized as Tucker for my wife.

I hope to get it signed by Tucker at the sport card expo next weekend :)

21 hours ago, Gewargis said:

Shiat. I didn't even think about needing a nameplate since I don't normally customize my jerseys... 

Don’t sweat it. The gamers didn’t match anyways. https://sports.ha.com/itm/hockey-collectibles/uniforms/1994-wayne-gretzky-game-worn-and-signed-all-star-jersey/a/7160-80123.s

The shade of purple also faded with washing if you buy a pre owned jersey for plates. I know this first hand as I washed one in cold and it turned the towel I had in there with it a pale lavender. 

Sold my white Linden to help pay for this one. Instinct when I bought it was I was going to strip the patch and get Linden.... but now that I see it up close and personal, I want to leave the patch there and figure out another player option!

KYd0FJ9.jpg

The only Bertuzzi I could find was the white home jersey that's on ebay.  I did find a coach Green on gwa:

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1996_97_Travis_Green_New_York_Islanders_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-7180-173.html

I think you should stick to your instincts and do a Linden, strip the patch and sell it to me pls. ?

On 10/30/2018 at 7:01 PM, Gewargis said:

Got this in today:

Pretty sure I'll make it a JR

That one was at a decent price. I was going to buy it, but passed for the nameplate reason. Keener did my 1994 Richter East allstar and knocked it out of the park. Go with him. 

50 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

That one was at a decent price. I was going to buy it, but passed for the nameplate reason. Keener did my 1994 Richter East allstar and knocked it out of the park. Go with him. 

I called EPS and they said they have the material... anyone have experience with their nameplates?

14 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

I called EPS and they said they have the material... anyone have experience with their nameplates?

Not for this jersey, but they once told me that with a 2002 All Star (burgundy), but the color was definitely a little off. May be because mine was a replica, though. When I found an authentic, I also found a scrap of material for the plate from a board member. 

I have no doubt they can get it close, and unless Keener has the material, probably the closest you’ll get even if not 100%. 

49 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Regarding EPS’ letter font for that jersey, the bottom gray layer is not thick enough, and it just doesn’t look right.  Keener’s font is way better.

In regards to that purple color, I think there’s quite a bit of variation from jersey to jersey, so I wouldn’t count on them having matching ultrafil.  I would ask them to sublimate a white ultrafil plate to actually match your jersey.  They won’t guarantee an exact match, but it will probably be as close as you could reasonably expect to get it.

Edited by LAK74

15 hours ago, Gewargis said:

FYI, I believe the nameplates on the gamers didn’t match the colors of these allstar jerseys exactly. 

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

FYI, I believe the nameplates on the gamers didn’t match the colors of these allstar jerseys exactly. 

Cool. I'm not too worried about it anymore. I wonder if that's why they stopped using nameplates on those jerseys later on.

Edited by Gewargis

Number 1 on my TBTC want list, even down to the player- sweet!!

25 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Well done, sir!  That was the hardest TBTC for me to find.  All of them are beautiful!

I've had 3 Leafs TBTC's pass through my hands in recent years (I'm down to one now otherwise I'd hook you up)

The hardest one for me was the Habs TBTC.  

Just now, Hockey Bob said:

I've had 3 Leafs TBTC's pass through my hands in recent years (I'm down to one now otherwise I'd hook you up)

The hardest one for me was the Habs TBTC.  

I have mine already, a Wendel Clark - it was just the last one I found of the 6 (not counting the All-Star Jersey, but I'm not really looking for them).

That is actually why I did Clark on mine.  I have a Gilmour in the 1931 throwback they did for the 96-97 season.  Both beautiful jerseys!  I'm not exactly a leafs fine, but other than the pajama jerseys in the first few RBK edge years, they always have great looking jerseys. I've been looking for an 80's style jersey for awhile now.

Got some stuff back from SLC.

Blank originally from Winners:

IMG_1875_zps9r1ulatb.jpg

IMG_1876_zpsmqh427ez.jpg

Size 60...only logical choice was Freddie. I had the arm numbers and nameplate re-done on this one. 

IMG_1878_zpsn7ciwlbt.jpg

IMG_1877_zpscnpfjpki.jpg

What the original nameplate looked like. I didn't get a picture of the arm numbers before but they were too skinny:

IMG_1879_zpsbtxbmsk6.jpg

Edited by galvinwong