It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

I would guess that those types of last-minute add-ons may have been done by the equipment managers in the locker room, as opposed to the customizing shop where proper stitching equipment would be available.  I have a Penguins gamer with an “A” stitched loosely like that after the original alternate captain suddenly went down with an injury and an A needed to be added quickly to this jersey.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would happen more often than you'd think. I had a white Oilers Doug Weight jersey that had the A hand stitched on. I think at least three of my Titans jerseys have hand stitched letters too. Hell, the Kings used velcro letters in the late 80's.

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I would guess that those types of last-minute add-ons may have been done by the equipment managers in the locker room, as opposed to the customizing shop where proper stitching equipment would be available.  I have a Penguins gamer with an “A” stitched loosely like that after the original alternate captain suddenly went down with an injury and an A needed to be added quickly to this jersey.

Yep, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Probably added in the locker room. 

On last year's Devils set 1 gamers, PX only glued/heat pressed the NHL100 patch down on the sleeve.  The equipment managers then had the patches sewn down.  While it doesn't look like a hand sewn job, it is definitely a different job than PX.

Caved and picked up two more Dallas Stars MIC's last night at the game.

Game worn Radek Faksa from Jere lehtinen's number retirement night. Instead of sewing a gamer tag to the inside hem they attached a paper tag. Apparently the reason behind this was these were taken straight from the players, not washed and immediately tagged. Definitely smells...
44398767954_08217f4846_c.jpg
45119045601_36bc3824a5_c.jpg
45070055642_a9596b958b_c.jpg

The other is a preseason MIC from last year issued to Justin Dowling. Still has the tags on it. Probably will be a Radulov soon.
44398779884_dd9d9cd5de_c.jpg
44398773714_b311401705_c.jpg
31245284578_d0788c9b81_c.jpg

Well I'm jealous. Nice pickups again!  Will look forward to seeing the Rads eventually.

This arrived in the mail this morning: a 1991-92 Probert TBTC w/ the fightstrap signed by Probie himself. Long-term the back will need to be stripped and re-customized, but for today I’m going to enjoy having this in my collection ?

https://imgur.com/a/FeYMiA2

Beautiful Probert man!  Congrats!  Not sure he wore the "A" on a TBTC, but still, it's gorgeous! .. I'm jealous!

Edited by kkash48

3 hours ago, kkash48 said:

Beautiful Probert man!  Congrats!  Not sure he wore the "A" on a TBTC, but still, it's gorgeous! .. I'm jealous!

Probert did wear the A on a TBTC. The customisation is incorrect on this but the current owner is aware.

Devils 2003 CCM Airknit goalie cut. Perfect for a Corey Schwab.

Not. 

Many thanks to @QueenAnnesRevenge for making it available on eBay, where I bid not knowing who the seller was. 

45158652752_f04039d481_b.jpg

Continuing on with Goalie Cuts, I got my first one today.  I had my best turn around time with Keener.  Sent my order Sept.17 got it back today.

2015-16 Saros Preds 58G - Juuse wore #1 for his first game in 2015-16, so I will add the All-Star patch to it at some point.  Now he of course wears #74.  It was the last one JB had so I decided to nab one. I'm willing to bet all others JB sold are Rinne's. 

44300789295_f7ac0c6691_k.jpg

44490472294_cfbcf788b9_k.jpg

44689561311_f8b0375bb9_z.jpg

1991-92 Niedermayer Devils 52 - look so much better in person, the photos don't do justice to the green trim.

44300367915_84e0337c5f_k.jpg

44300359735_8a668873f7_k.jpg

2002 Canada Olympic Lemieux 52 - this completes a mini collection of Olympic jerseys for me.  I now have the 3 jerseys Canada won gold in since the NHL has been in the Olympics.  2002 White, 2010 White and 2014 Red. Thanks to TheDude for making this one available.

44300373285_39ef1df2f6_k.jpg

45161453852_7c039e0a09_k.jpg

1996-97 Worcester Ice Cats Casey 56 - he played all of 4 games there that season.  95-96 the team wore CCM but did the wildwing style kits.  96-97 the team switched to Bauer with the wildwing kits. 97-98 the team still used Bauer but switched the fonts.  So by chance I was lucky to find the right jersey and it worked to do it with the cool font in the name of one cool cat! This basically marked the end of his career as he'd go on to play one more season in the IHL.  The jersey has a lot going for it, between the fonts, the glitter and glacier twill and who doesn't love an old ultrafil. It was a fun project to research and Keener nailed it.

44300377545_34bbc7e90f_k.jpg

44300375255_60ecd27086_k.jpg

45161451242_0e7b3d9bb3_k.jpg

Thanks! I've been wanting one of those Devils Xmas trees for a while.  Thanks to @True North Hockey for selling it to me. 

I really wish I could find someone to do the custom crafted logo on the left hem.

Thanks, yeah it's not one you see everyday, I took a chance on a purchase out of Thailand without tracking and it turned up a gem.  I knew Keener would do a good job on it. 

There are 2 ways the claw marks on the numbers were done in 96-97.  I thought I was getting the grouped together style but it turned out Keener did them the way he did.  And the pictures I've seen of them done the way mine is done were on jerseys that also have the mini Bauer logo on the front left chest so it's probably accurate to what he would have wore.

Here's the 'grouped' together claw pattern:

42331543060_0fd65d6110.jpg

That Casey jersey has to be the coolest thing I have seen in a long while.  The fact that the numbers are actually cut out like that is a very unique trait

Thanks guys! That's for sure the prized Casey in my collection.  Just pure luck that I found the blank and that he actually played 4 games in a style so cool and unique.

Keener really did a great job doing the cuts as accurately as he did based on the one image I sent him of that.