• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, blurryhaze312 said:

:lol:

Bought for jersey material?

Not exactly. They're definitely not Penguins jerseys anymore though! 

Awesome find for a great price! I love those 90s IHL jerseys.  Best of luck with the nameplate and patch hunt and I second it, that you've gotta do a Pokey Reddick.

If hockey was soccer and first names on the jersey was acceptable, Pokey would be hard to argue against!

I'm taking my time on this one though... I need the patches I posted about in the minor league board so I can put Demitra on it.

11 hours ago, Van67 said:

If hockey was soccer and first names on the jersey was acceptable, Pokey would be hard to argue against!

I'm taking my time on this one though... I need the patches I posted about in the minor league board so I can put Demitra on it.

It's more nicknames for the Brazilians, the only first name that stands out is Jordi Cruyff as he didn't want to be associated with his dad.

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know Pokey Reddick, but that’s an awesome name, so go with that. 

Never heard of pokey and the bandit??

pokey_bandit.jpg

Also of note (from Wikipedia)

Pokey Reddick holds the National Hockey League record for most games played by a goaltender without recording a shutout. Reddick played in 132 National Hockey League games over his career without recording a single shutout.

Reddick also holds the distinction of being the only goaltender at any level of professional hockey to go through a three-round playoff system undefeated. He achieved this feat with the Fort Wayne Komets in the IHL in 1992–93. Reddick had a 1.49 GAA through 12 postseason games, leading the Komets to the franchise's first title in 20 years.

Based on this I would totally do it up as a Reddick

Plus......who wouldn't love reddick on their back.

Having seen that cheeseball poster, I withdraw my support. Dude already had a funny name, they had to make it "Pokey and the Bandit"? 

That's hack. 

Edited by mfitz804

Correct. Daniel Berthiaume was the Bandit. Or, in Homer Simpson terms: Pokey - Black, Bandit - White.

I had a blue 80's style Jets jersey of his YEARS ago. I either bought it from or sold it to Señor Delorme. I can't remember anymore.

9 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

It's more nicknames for the Brazilians, the only first name that stands out is Jordi Cruyff as he didn't want to be associated with his dad.

Sticking with Dutch players alone, Memphis Depay wears his first name (doesn't like his deadbeat dad, won't wear his name). Virgil van Dijk wears his first name for Liverpool and the national team and for a while, Giovanni van Bronckhorst wore "GIO" for Barcelona and the national team. 

Anyway, nameplate material search done. Keener can do it. Just need patch measurements so Patch Collection can reproduce them for me. Does anyone know anyone who has a game worn with the Boom Boom, LasVegas and Caesars Palace patches?

21 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Virgil van Dijk wears his first name for Liverpool

Wouldn’t you???

I bet Amos Von Sh!tbreath does too. 

Really happy that this one arrived:

LA Kings Kevin Westgarth PS 2010 (worn in fight vs. George Parros)

20180329_124013

20180329_124024

36 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Really happy with this one as we now have at least one jersey from each Devils retirement night that is photo matched. It's going to be awhile for the next retirement night lol. Love that shot of the MeiGray tag 

41075388971_4ba057b6e9_m.jpg

If you keep taking pictures up people’s shirts, eventually you’re gonna get in trouble!

:)

1 hour ago, gwarjis said:

Memories...

I know! He actually fought Scott again the next time they met in Chicago, you have to give him credit for that ;)

An order from Keener came back today. The Carey is a new custom, the other 2 just got nameplate updates. The Crosby isn't matching swift material, which is a little unfortunate, but I can live with it.

1993-94 Carey rookie

41060226712_9506430978_k.jpg

41060225412_ac79987811_k.jpg

2010 Vancouver Olympics Crosby Golden Goal

40208946505_5e5221cf6a_k.jpg

40208946985_51f5ba9e50_k.jpg

1991-92 Nolan

40208950025_6ac7ba6c9c_k.jpg

40208949295_edbb1a5b17_k.jpg

Edited by JJM4

18 hours ago, JJM4 said:

An order from Keener came back today. The Carey is a new custom, the other 2 just got nameplate updates. The Crosby isn't matching swift material, which is a little unfortunate, but I can live with it.

2010 Vancouver Olympics Crosby Golden Goal

40208946985_51f5ba9e50_k.jpg

I have red swift material should you want to fix that.

2 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

I have red swift material should you want to fix that.

PM'd