I think I bought a knock off ?

I stopped trying to help my fellow Devils fans who are not into jerseys when it comes to fakes versus real jerseys on FB. Whenever someone posts a jersey and asks if it is real or fake and I tell them it's a fake, I get then a chorus of fans who basically b**** me out accusing me of calling other Devils fans less of a fan for wearing fakes. I literally just say "that jersey is not fake" and if they ask why I tell them the differences. At this point I just stop helping them and fine with them wearing their ugly pieces of garbage.

Fakes is one of the 2 biggest reasons I don't collect authentics and replicas anymore. I used to get at least somewhat close to what I put into it when I decide to sell the jerseys and after the market got flooded with fakes I get nowhere close to what I put into it.

I would say solidly half of the jerseys on eBay are fakes these days. Out of the other 50% or so that are not fakes, a majority of them are not customized properly, but that you will get to down the road as you become more of a collector. As you get more experience, you will be pretty good at spotting the obvious differences and what to look for when finding out what jersey is fake or not. Believe me the difference is big so while real jerseys can sometimes cost a bit, they both look better and feel a lot better when you get it in person.

Happy collecting!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fakes and knock offs suck. I'll also add my name to being a happy JB customer. He charged me in CDN funds for a MacKinnon 3rd I ordered and I saved $120 on that alone. If you're on a budget and want an authentic, maybe try an Indo Edge. They are jerseys made in Indonesia with a yellow-green line across the collar. They are inferior to Canadian authentics and not the most popular on IJ. Having said that, they are much better than the Premier IMO and can be had for a lot cheaper than the current Edge jerseys. They aren't knock offs either. I have a couple of Indo Edges and they aren't horrible. That said, always try and get a Canadian made Edge first if the price is right.

GW/GI with COA/LOA only?

All I collect are gamers. Don't always need a COA/LOA. I have a bunch that I know are real but don't have a COA/LOA.

I rarely bother with GI's.

Look at eBay item # 131749051396

Let's see if I'm doing better...fake right? Its supposed to be the heritage jersey and I don't think they have the 25th pitch on there.

Look at eBay item # 131749051396

Let's see if I'm doing better...fake right? Its supposed to be the heritage jersey and I don't think they have the 25th pitch on there.

let's see:
-the "k" on the Reebok wordmark is very off
-the Reebok wordmark is stitched on the jersey and this has a *fight strap* (that shouldnt be there)
-said *fight strap* obviously fake just by looking at the stitching
-25th anniversary patch looks like crap
-the white collars are round next to NHL crest (should sharpen)
-font is off
-shiny logo
yup. fake.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but I fell "victim" to a fake website a couple years back buying a 2013 Authentic SC Champs Hawks jersey that the website claimed was authentic and only marked down because the year was old. I payed $180 for it, and was instantly disappointed when i opened it to see the bent shoulder emblems and smelled that horrible plastic crest that looks like dead flesh in pea soup. I tried wearing it at home but felt ashamed by it and the hawks started losing as well. Luckily I plead my case to the bank and they conducted a charge back but I still have not worn it since and I can spot similar fakes a mile away.

anyone see the veteran the other night wearing a bad fake during the Hawks game when the national anthem was sang? I felt bad for him.

my wife is also done with me poitning out fakes, but she understands my frustration since I got scammed.

excited to see my first real one in the mail next week.

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

No worries. Sometimes my descriptions get exaggerated when I'm passionate or worked up over something.

Its ok. Everyone cuts up a body and throws it in a pot of pea soup sometimes.