Are authentic jerseys really the same as the players wear

tomtucker

I was just wondering since i came across this shop selling so called authentic nba jerseys, i belived the ones we could buy at 170$ were expensive enough, and the real ones, but here it says they cost 500$...!

http://www.jersey-joe.com/store/category/b...ba_procuts.html

What about nhl jerseys then?.....are there also something different with the jerseys the players wear?

And can you belive this, 500$ for a shirt with no sleeves, is this really true? ??

There's authentic replicas and then there's game-issued authentics. Game-issued jerseys are never released for sale to the public but sold directly to the teams themselves while the authentic replicas are the ones that we buy. As far as I know, there are no differences between the two but I'm pretty sure that the only way the public can buy game-issued jerseys is from groups like Meigray who obtain the game-worns or game-issued directly from the team OR by being close to an organization and getting one from a player or team associate.

There's authentic replicas and then there's game-issued authentics. Game-issued jerseys are never released for sale to the public but sold directly to the teams themselves while the authentic replicas are the ones that we buy. As far as I know, there are no differences between the two but I'm pretty sure that the only way the public can buy game-issued jerseys is from groups like Meigray who obtain the game-worns or game-issued directly from the team OR by being close to an organization and getting one from a player or team associate.

There is not one difference except retail stops at size 56

the only differences between authentics and"game worn" are the modifications that equioment managers may make for a players jersey if requested.

the only differences between authentics and"game worn" are the modifications that equioment managers may make for a players jersey if requested.

That made me curious. What type of modifications would you want to make to the jersey and what types of modifications are allowed under the rules?

Aha, yes, but is this 500$ price tag, then not complete crap?......that would mean a "pro-cut" nhl jersey would cost 1000$.......

Or is there something speciel about these nba jerseys, i just can´t see?....

I think 170$ is alot of money for a tank-top, and then i saw these........ :fight:

That made me curious. What type of modifications would you want to make to the jersey and what types of modifications are allowed under the rules?

Not a whole lot according to the rulebook, Section 3 Rules 9.0-9.4

http://cdn.nhl.com/rules/20062007rulebook.pdf

Aha, yes, but is this 500$ price tag, then not complete crap?......that would mean a "pro-cut" nhl jersey would cost 1000$.......

Or is there something speciel about these nba jerseys, i just can´t see?....

I think 170$ is alot of money for a tank-top, and then i saw these........ :fight:

Sounds like a scam to me. "Oh, yeah, those are authentic, but these, these are what the players really wear, see?"

BS. Unless it's game used, it's nothing special.

...What about nhl jerseys then?.....are there also something different with the jerseys the players wear?

I`d say no, there is no difference except for the missing tags on the players jerseys. The only thing I know the Starter authentics that were released to the public were different from the jerseys which the players got. Starter manufactured their authentics in 3 different countries and a 4th country made the replicas. The Penguins for example never released their 96-97 Mesh jerseys to the public. Those were made in USA only for the team.