Meigray All Star Grab Bag

AlereFlammam

Here are the details:

For $333 plus shipping, you will receive a game-worn jersey worth $350 and higher, broken down as follows:

Grand Prize, with a Retail Value of $7,500: Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals, 2013-14 White Set 1 w/C.

Two Second Prizes, each with a retail value of $3,500: Taylor Hall, Edmonton Oilers, 2013-14 White Set 3; and Claude Giroux, Philadelphia Flyers, 2014-15, White Set 3 w/C.

Four Third Prizes, with retail values between $1,495-$2,500: Jonathan Quick, LA Kings, Black Set 1, worn in one game on Dec. 1, 2015; Nicklas Backstrom, Washington Capitals, 2013-14 White Set 2 w/A; Drew Doughty, LA Kings, Black Set 1, worn in one game on Dec. 1, 2015; Shea Weber, Nashville Predators, 2015-16 White Set 1 w/C and All-Star Patch, worn in three games.

26 Grab Bags will contain an NHL Game-Worn Jersey with a retail value of $595-$750. Names include Sam Gagner, Marcus Johansson, Dwight King, Devan Dubnyk, Steve Mason, Kevin Connauton, Jared Boll, Jordan Caron, Tobias Enstrom, Dmitry Orlov, Mark Letestu, and more.

67 Grab Bags will contain an NHL Game-Worn Jersey with a retail value of $350-$495. Names include Trevor Daley, Matt Niskanen, David Legwand, Nicklas Grossman, Nick Schultz, RJ Umberger, Bruno Gervais, Mark Fayne, Ladislav Smid, and more.

Seems very pricey with a lot of junk that meigray wants to get rid of

Sam Gagner?

Toby Enstrom thrashers?

Not worth $595

Edited by AlereFlammam

Was thinking the same thing ,Grossman was on for 99.00 dollar deal know worth more than 395 .00 better if you can pick a older jersey for a certain price Range .As if the sale was on they would be at least 40% off .

26 Grab Bags will contain an NHL Game-Worn Jersey with a retail value of $595-$750. Names include Sam Gagner, Marcus Johansson, Dwight King, Devan Dubnyk, Steve Mason, Kevin Connauton, Jared Boll, Jordan Caron, Tobias Enstrom, Dmitry Orlov, Mark Letestu, and more.

67 Grab Bags will contain an NHL Game-Worn Jersey with a retail value of $350-$495. Names include Trevor Daley, Matt Niskanen, David Legwand, Nicklas Grossman, Nick Schultz, RJ Umberger, Bruno Gervais, Mark Fayne, Ladislav Smid, and more.

lol the $595-750 range has a bunch of AHLers, goons, and a Flyers goalie. The $350-495 range has actual NHL players in it.

Was thinking the same thing ,Grossman was on for 99.00 dollar deal know worth more than 395 .00 better if you can pick a older jersey for a certain price Range .As if the sale was on they would be at least 40% off .

Last sale (holiday sale) had no NHL players at 40%. Best was 35% off and from what I remember no more BOGO.

These grab bags don't appeal to me at all. You have to be both 1) a gambler and 2) not very particular.

I'm neither.

These grab bags don't appeal to me at all. You have to be both 1) a gambler and 2) not very particular.

I'm neither.

Agreed. The whole thing is not for me, not at that price. I mean yeah, that one dude who pulls the Ovi is gonna be thrilled, but I'd get the Tobias Enstrom or Trevor Daley for sure. Edited by JoeM7392

And yet the most popular phrase in any sales thread here or on Facebook is, "Comes with Meigray paperwork."

Now that I think about it, my last five jerseys from them have been purchased outside of a sale. Granted, they did give me a deal on a pair of Oilers in November but they've been trending away from the usual sales. I wonder if they took a hit on that flash summer sale last year.

From what I was told, they pretty much sold almost if not everything they listed on the flash sale. They have done that before (albeit years ago) but I would figure that they knew what they were doing and were ok with the potential hit on that sale.

I think what Meigray is doing is trying to move away from de-vauling their own stock. For years they had the 50% off sale and for the past few years up until this past winter sale had a BOGO or 40% off any one gamer. Therefore for years Meigray has basically been devaluing their stock by up to 50% as people would just wait for the sales. Whatever your opinions of them (I like them) no one can deny they highly influence the prices for jerseys in the market.

$333?! To most likely win a jersey from a no name player.....

To be fair, I think this one is better than the last expo grab bag (although the buy in for that was $200 IIRC). The expo grab bag, the non-prize jerseys were either practice/training camp/pre-season worn jerseys.

I won't be participating in this one but I have to say I wish I did last year's deadline day grab bag. That one was actually pretty good.

Yea, I'd love to see how much the "worth" of these jerseys were to drop if you offered it back to Meigray for trade-in credit.

"Oh, that jersey we just told you was worth $595? We'll give you $200 for it."

Edited by dsl135

Grab bags are a good way for Meigray to move stale inventory. That's about all their good for unless you get super lucky and hit on the top jerseys. Seems like every time they do one the grand prize is either an Ovechkin or Brodeur jersey.

Well, yeah. Crap nobody wants.

I seem to remember a certain someone doing pretty well on a few of these grab bags.