New Paypal fees

slimcutta

Anyone else get an email from paypal outlining their upcoming policy changes?

"We're updating:

- our UA and the Pro/VT Agreement to update the fees that apply to Canadian sellers selling to buyers located in the United States. These fee changes will go into effect on April 13, 2016; and
- our UA regarding how we may amend the Agreement, provide you with important notices and your right to terminate your relationship with us without cost or penalty.
If you don't agree to the fee changes, you may terminate your relationship with us by closing your Account before April 13, 2016, and won't be bound by the amended terms."
FuturamaFry1900x5601409963197-vi.jpg

I got it. Not surprising. Now that they are separate from ebay they can start upping their fees to make more profit.

What in the sweet flyin' f**k does that mean?

Are they going to charge more? If so, I'll just start using eBay strictly for advertising. I won't sell a thing using eBay or PayPal for "Goods and Services". It'll be strictly Friends and Family transfers for this guy. Email transfers are great too...

PayPal has been around waaaay too long...it's time for something new. They need to go away.

If there is money to be made from perpetuating the "Canada is a country" conspiracy, ebay and Paypal will find a way to do it. :noway:

What in the sweet flyin' f**k does that mean?

Are they going to charge more? If so, I'll just start using eBay strictly for advertising. I won't sell a ###### thing using eBay or PayPal for "Goods and Services". It'll be strictly Friends and Family transfers for this guy. Email transfers are great too...

PayPal has been around waaaay too long...it's time for something new. They need to go away.

How exactly are you going to handle that? If someone buys something on eBay from you, since you have it listed with the intent of only advertising, you'll have to sell it through there.

And a lot of buyers are still going to be reluctant to buy stuff if you require them to send as Friends and Family since that gives them no protection at all if you just don't send the item (not saying you would, but unless they actually know you, you'll probably have issues).

It's tough, but like you said, unless something else comes along, you're kind of at their will. Unless you want to start having people send checks.

If it's a high dollar item, I almost always manage to sell off of eBay...unless I just want something gone, I'll start it at auction.

Some people are reluctant to do the PayPal only route, that's fine, I negotiate a price to cover the fees. It doesn't always work, and I lose a sale, but I'm patient.

PayPal makes too much money for basically doing nothing...it's a basic piece of software. A crappy piece of software.

S**t like that bugs me...as if they don't make enough. They're just getting greedy.

What are you gonna do aboot it??

:)

What am I gonna do? BOMB THE BALDWINS...

enhanced-20474-1403738953-1_zpswyflztdf.

What am I gonna do? BOMB THE BALDWINS...

enhanced-20474-1403738953-1_zpswyflztdf.

Update that to the Kardashians, and we can have peace on those terms.

How exactly are you going to handle that? If someone buys something on eBay from you, since you have it listed with the intent of only advertising, you'll have to sell it through there.

And a lot of buyers are still going to be reluctant to buy stuff if you require them to send as Friends and Family since that gives them no protection at all if you just don't send the item (not saying you would, but unless they actually know you, you'll probably have issues).

It's tough, but like you said, unless something else comes along, you're kind of at their will. Unless you want to start having people send checks.

Can't a person just reverse the money sent without question when they send it as a Friends/Family payment?

Can't a person just reverse the money sent without question when they send it as a Friends/Family payment?

I don't think so, no. I think it's the exact opposite. If you send your money as Friends and Family, you have absolutely no recourse or ways of reversing the transaction. That money has been sent and it's gone.

Well for new jerseys I will just go with JB as he is in Canada ,any US sales would have to post must pay paypal fees , If not there has to be a few ways around this

Well for new jerseys I will just go with JB as he is in Canada ,any US sales would have to post must pay paypal fees , If not there has to be a few ways around this

I don't think you need to limit yourself to JB for new jerseys... it only applies to Canadian sellers selling to US buyers. If you're buying from a US seller, the fee will still be the same... and paid by the seller anyway.

Yeah it won't matter if you're buying....it is only on the selling aspect where you will feel a hand deeper in your pocket

...unless you like that...

Yeah it won't matter if you're buying....it is only on the selling aspect where you will feel a hand deeper in your pocket

...unless you like that...

The worst part is getting your invoice from eBay after a strong auction streak...ouch!

Yea I went in to read the whole release ,I think as a seller you can ask for other methods as we did years ago buy money orders do still cost

It says that their additional fees for sellers in Canada selling to the US are going down from 1.0% to 0.8%. But I think their fixed fees are going from 3.0% to 3.7%.

So overall a 0.5% price increase.

In my business we normally do an 8% increase so 0.5% doesn't seem so bad - but realistically their costs haven't increased so they are just looking to increase their profit.

Edited by AlereFlammam