What am I looking at here, Edge cut practice jersey?

mfitz804

I am assuming it's an Edge cut practice jersey, but it looks too big to be Edge. Anyone know?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-New-Jersey-Devils-CCM-NHL-Sewn-Fight-Strip-Jersey-SZ-56-/172001135056?nav=SEARCH

I am assuming it's an Edge cut practice jersey, but it looks too big to be Edge. Anyone know?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-New-Jersey-Devils-CCM-NHL-Sewn-Fight-Strip-Jersey-SZ-56-/172001135056?nav=SEARCH

That was just a standard practice jersey. They were not edge cut.

Ohh, so if I wear an old CCM 56 it'll work for me?

You're like 8 feet tall and roughly 600 lbs.

Nothing will work for you. :P

I'm down to 550 after I stopped eating the children of Rangers fans!

Any fatter, and I'd get Avery to give you a shove.

I just looked at my practice jerseys I wear on the ice, and I think that is actually an edge cut jersey. If I were you, I'd just stay away because I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit you anyway.

Should have waited, I submitted a best offer based on your first answer.

It just doesn't look like an Edge 56, it looks too baggy. My offer was low enough to either be rejected or maybe make it worth a shot. We shall see.

Obviously these are goalie cut, It's easy to mistake them from the poor pictures the seller provided.

Standard cut, ultrafil material, size embroidered into hem:

18462153978638-vi.jpg

Edge cut: Airknit, edge 2.0 material, size on patch sewn to hem:

53435032033350-vi.jpg

The one in looking at is clearly not Ultrafil so I'm assuming it's Edge. I've requested a picture of it lying flat which would resolve the debate.

In the meantime, I retracted my best offer.

Thanks for the help and for the pics!

I'd say it's an Edge, based on the neck tag, and you can see stretch mesh in the collar area right under the vector logo.

I'd say it's an Edge, based on the neck tag, and you can see stretch mesh in the collar area right under the vector logo.

Both styles have the NHL neck shield. My Wolfpack one just doesn't because AHL jerseys don't have a shield there.

Edited by thebiggoalie

Yup that's what I was looking at. Thanks!

Both styles have the NHL neck shield. My Wolfpack one just doesn't because AHL jerseys don't have a shield there.

I was referring to the size tag, actually.

Edited by LAK74

You guys are killing me. I can't decide what to do!!

It's just a devils practice jersey. It's not flying off the shelves. It probably won't even fit you, so just wait for more pictures.

It's just a devils practice jersey. It's not flying off the shelves. It probably won't even fit you, so just wait for more pictures.

It is, but that happens to be exactly what I'm after these days. I re-submitted an offer I expect will be rejected or countered, so maybe I'll take a chance..,

Mfitz, in case it helps in your future searches for Devils practice jerseys, the Reebok ones in the 6100 cut do have an NHL shield in the front collar as biggoalie said, but they are the older (6100) style with the thicker black border. The Rangers one shown above has the old shield, but it's not as obvious as it usually is because the jersey is also black and the shield border blends in with the background. The Edge cut practice jerseys starting in 2007 had the newer shields as seen on regular game jerseys.

The 6100's had that squarish size tag on the front hem, but the Edge cut ones have the larger rectangular black jock tag like the one you made the offer on.

A few teams used 6100 cut practice jerseys after the Edge was introduced (2007-on) but I would imagine they were actually manufactured before 2007 and were old stock. In any case, they still had the old NHL shield and small front hem size tag.

Regarding the eBay jersey you were going to buy, you could sort of tell the Edge shape by how the sleeves draped down, but the NHL shield and size tag made me reasonably sure it was an Edge.

Mfitz, in case it helps in your future searches for Devils practice jerseys, the Reebok ones in the 6100 cut do have an NHL shield in the front collar as biggoalie said, but they are the older (6100) style with the thicker black border. The Rangers one shown above has the old shield, but it's not as obvious as it usually is because the jersey is also black and the shield border blends in with the background. The Edge cut practice jerseys starting in 2007 had the newer shields as seen on regular game jerseys.

The 6100's had that squarish size tag on the front hem, but the Edge cut ones have the larger rectangular black jock tag like the one you made the offer on.

A few teams used 6100 cut practice jerseys after the Edge was introduced (2007-on) but I would imagine they were actually manufactured before 2007 and were old stock. In any case, they still had the old NHL shield and small front hem size tag.

Regarding the eBay jersey you were going to buy, you could sort of tell the Edge shape by how the sleeves draped down, but the NHL shield and size tag made me reasonably sure it was an Edge.

What model are the practice jerseys that have the "Center Ice" in a circle around the team crest? I have several of them and some are tagged different than others, some have the CCM with the NHL crest, some are just CCM. Some only have the Ultrafil Maska tag and some have the Center Ice collar tag. All of them have the size tag sewn on the front.

Seller of the jersey I asked about has chopped his price in half (or best offer), should anyone have interest in an authentic practice jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-New-Jersey-Devils-CCM-NHL-Sewn-Fight-Strip-Practice-Jersey-SZ-56-/172001135056?hash=item280c1109d0:g:gyQAAOSwcdBWSjPq