2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

Hate the pens, but love the older (now new)color scheme. Very sharp. 

Edited by Jdems93

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to see what the Flyers do this year.  They've already revealed that there will be a new 50th anniversary jersey, but which one will it replace? The orange home or the orange third? Hmm....

It's replacing the Orange Third. It's only being worn 5 times for the Heritage nights. The home jersey isn't replaced.

And yes, Pittsburgh's gold scheme is absolutely amazing. Love the look.

Edited by dsl135

17 hours ago, dsl135 said:

It's replacing the Orange Third. It's only being worn 5 times for the Heritage nights. The home jersey isn't replaced.

And yes, Pittsburgh's gold scheme is absolutely amazing. Love the look.

Wow, that's it? Any indication if it's replacing the orange third for this year only?

I would imagine this jersey would be exempt from the rules.   I mean, it's not like your 50th anniversary happens more than once.

Just now, LAK74 said:

I would imagine this jersey would be exempt from the rules.   I mean, it's not like your 50th anniversary happens more than once.

And it's not like it'll be the first time a team has worn a jersey for fewer times than necessary to qualify as a proper alternate.

I would hope that they wear them for more than one season.  They've sure been talking them up.  Every season ticket account gets one next season.  Hopefully it's not just a gimmick to sell more season ticket packages, and then the jersey is dumped in two years.  Well, actually, I'm hoping the jersey looks good, so I can buy one :)

Edited by jsh139

I think calling it a 50th anniversary jersey implies a specialty jersey, not a third jersey. 

I'm fully expecting it to only be worn next year. But frankly I just want to see it already. 

And the selling more season tickets thing would make sense. From what I've heard they're hurting there. People are pissed. Been downhill for a few years now in how they treat their season ticket holders. 

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

I think calling it a 50th anniversary jersey implies a specialty jersey, not a third jersey. 

I'm fully expecting it to only be worn next year. But frankly I just want to see it already. 

And the selling more season tickets thing would make sense. From what I've heard they're hurting there. People are pissed. Been downhill for a few years now in how they treat their season ticket holders. 

They can't be too pissed, I was in Philly over Veteran's Day weekend wearing a Rangers t-shirt and nobody bothered me. Seemed like the Flyers fans I encountered were indifferent at this point.

I've noticed less hazing as well. I got more flak this year in Chicago for wearing a Flyers jersey to a Blues/Blackhawks game than I did in Detroit when the Flyers played the Redwings. And we got crushed that game and still only a few people said anything. 

It's just a different game and a different fan base than it used to be, I guess. 

7 hours ago, DropkickMurphy8 said:

They can't be too pissed, I was in Philly over Veteran's Day weekend wearing a Rangers t-shirt and nobody bothered me. Seemed like the Flyers fans I encountered were indifferent at this point.

:o i am disapoint........flyer fans, are you slipping ? :(

hopefully you will get the assbeating you deserve next time you in philly

B)

So starting to look in to next season a bit. I truly hope the NHL does something similar to what they did with the winter classic 2014 or have the blues wear white at home. I'm tired of the white and black specialty jerseys.  I really want a new style red Hawks jersey. 

I'm hoping for another red vs blue Winter Classic. That was visually spectacular. Seems like the Hawks are running out of inspiration for outdoor games since they're in one practically every year. If they don't wear red, I'd like to see them wear the jerseys mentioned above or something like they wore in 1926-27:

Blackhawks01.png

As for the Blues, I'd love to see something similar to the 1979-84 jerseys or their 1966 concept jersey.

Blues08.png

?format=750w

Hopefully the logos are released sometime in July or August so we have an idea of what to expect. 

I may well start collecting some Tootoos from other teams. Nashville and Detroit were the prior stops, no Rangers, so it could happen. 

But only if I find dirt cheap blanks or pre-customized, I think. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I may well start collecting some Tootoos from other teams. Nashville and Detroit were the prior stops, no Rangers, so it could happen. 

But only if I find dirt cheap blanks or pre-customized, I think. 

Come to the dark side... we have three Stanley Cups in the last seven years!

9 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Leafs-100-feat.jpg

Patch for Leafs this season.

That's like one for every terrible decision their management has made over the past 15 years.