(OT) Does the NBA have a speciel deal

tomtucker

With the company that makes their jerseys?

What i mean is: On football jerseys the reebok logo is on the sleeve, baseball jerseys has the majestic logo on the sleeve, hockey has the reebok logo on the neck, but in the nba there is no logo, no matter what company makes them, before it was reebok now it´s addidas, only on the replica jerseys can a addidas logo be seen on the front.

Is this not strange, anybody know why?

Isn't it on the lower part of the front? I thought that's where it is but because the players tuck their jerseys in, they're not seen.

The issue is in the NBA many players have contracts with Nike or other shoe and apparel companies. An agreement was reached so that players who were represented by the other companies didn't have to show the logo.

Though your question and comment did make me want to take a look at my NBA jersey, mine is one of the Swingman jerseys.. It has the Reebok logo in two spots on the front, but when I looked at pictures from various NBA games, the logos were not to be seen as you commented. Then I looked at some pictures I took from a game I went to last season and noticed that the warmup shirts they have do all have an addidas logo, but I am guessing that players under contract to other teams do not have the logo visible on their warmups, but not 100% sure.

SeattleatUtah2Dec0611.jpg

IMGP0071.jpg

IMGP0070.jpg

The issue is in the NBA many players have contracts with Nike or other shoe and apparel companies. An agreement was reached so that players who were represented by the other companies didn't have to show the logo.

Aha, but even players that have a contracts with addidas don´t have the logo on their jersey.

I think it is great that there is no ad´s on the jerseys.

050303121206Tracy-McGrady.jpg

I am guessing due to the agreement because of the players that represent Nike and others, that in order to keep in uniform, the Addidas logo is not to be seen anywhere on any of the NBA jerseys.