Mike Francesca thinks all of you are stupid.

mfitz804

Was flipping around this afternoon an he was on a rant about how stupid it is to buy game worn merchandise. "I'm not putting on another guy's sweaty shirt" was part of it. Also mentioned having seen Derek Jeter's game worn shoe for sale, which he said he would pay someone to take out of his house if it were there because "his sweaty foot was in there".

That guy is such a tool.

I'd never heard of him so I googled him and I still don't know who he is, so who cares what he thinks.

He has the highest rated radio show in afternoon drive time in NYC, so I guess a lot of people.

Personally I can't stand the guy, I just figured his hate of game worn merchandise might be fun to discuss.

Francesa's show became irrelevant the minute Chris Mad Dog Russo left the show.

Doggy was the glue that held that show together, even though he had his moments of jerkdom too, they made a great team.

Edited by Richter9377

Well he does have a point for Devils game worn stuff. I mean who wants anything that was worn in New Jersey.

Lou was probably the only thing standing between the players and a nice old fashioned New Jersey spray tan.

This is the same guy who asked a soccer coach back in 2014 during the world cup if the players are allowed to use both feet to kick the ball.

He is a windbag. The second he has Brandon Steiner on the show he will gush about how cool a game used jersey or bat is from Jeter.

BTW this is still the best impression of Mike ever:

Sorry this is the best one

Yeah that was awesome. Not only did he fall asleep during a live radio broadcast, it was simulcast on TV so he also fell asleep on live TV. Priceless.

It seems counter-productive to get riled up over the remarks of a sports talk-radio host. Their sole purpose is to generate controversy using their big mouths (case in point, the afternoon show for Boston's CBS sports station). The more we talk about these air-heads, the more ears and eyes go towards their shows, which is just what they want.

It seems counter-productive to get riled up over the remarks of a sports talk-radio host. Their sole purpose is to generate controversy using their big mouths (case in point, the afternoon show for Boston's CBS sports station). The more we talk about these air-heads, the more ears and eyes go towards their shows, which is just what they want.

I agree to a point. But it was a pretty dumb way to go about it. Why alienate people who collect game worn sports stuff, many of whom are probably the most hardcore of sports fans that would spend their time listening to sports talk radio?

Is the theory that negative attention is equal to positive attention, just because its still attention?

I agree to a point. But it was a pretty dumb way to go about it. Why alienate people who collect game worn sports stuff, many of whom are probably the most hardcore of sports fans that would spend their time listening to sports talk radio?

Is the theory that negative attention is equal to positive attention, just because its still attention?

Mike already argues with callers, hangs up on callers whom he disagrees with, and treats people who consider themselves fans of his show like crap. He goes out of his way to alienate even his most loyal supporters and yet his show is still pretty highly rated on the radio in the NYC metro area.

Like I said as soon as he has Steiner on his show he will be kissing the game used hobby's Arse.

Mike already argues with callers, hangs up on callers whom he disagrees with, and treats people who consider themselves fans of his show like crap. He goes out of his way to alienate even his most loyal supporters and yet his show is still pretty highly rated on the radio in the NYC metro area.

That is true. I vastly prefer ESPN Radio but I'll flip over to him sometimes during commercials.

Yes, that is 100% the objective. It's a classic publicity ploy. Any "awareness" is good in the marketer's mind.

No, my friend. There's definitely such thing as bad press. In the talk radio realm, it doesn't matter. But for consumer products ... yes.

Don Imus begs to differ about the radio part.

Mike Francesca sounds just like Al Davis!

Mike Francesca sounds just like Al Davis!

Al Davis is pretty quiet these days.

No reason to react to the Francescas and Cowherds of the world as they only say this stuff for a reaction. Did it shake your faith in collecting? Obviously not. So don't give them the satisfaction.

As for his falling asleep on the air, to be fair, that guy was really rambling, trying to jam every little factoid he could into a tenuously connected response that really wasn't appropriate for radio (yes I have done many similar radio interviews). Francesca slept through the part where you'd normally offer a stop sign or interjection. It was unprofessional on Francesca's but geez, that guy really said a mouthful, no?

No reason to react to the Francescas and Cowherds of the world as they only say this stuff for a reaction. Did it shake your faith in collecting? Obviously not. So don't give them the satisfaction.

I don't collect game worns so he wasn't talking about me. That's why I said "all of you" instead of "all of us".

:)