Player signature authentication

LessThanZero

I have two jerseys that are supposedly signed by Jagr, how does someone get them authenticated? I've looked at known signatures and they seem to match but I'm not a handwriting expert (didn't take that class when I was a cop).

If they end up not being. Real how hard is it to get what I assume is Sharpie, out of twill? The signature are both on the Penguins crest.

PSA/DNA comes to mind as one of the bigger and more reputable authenticators for signatures. But, with big and reputable (often) comes a high price tag. (Though, from checking the site, it's $20 per item.)

If they can't be authenticated, I've read somewhere on here that sharpie on twill makes for a difficult clean-up. So here's to hoping that they're real.

Edited by AngeloS76

Personally I've only cared if it was something I was planning to resell. I prefer not to have auto's on my jerseys, but if there is one I normally compare it to other legit autos from that player online and if it looks close enough for me, I don't worry about it. However if it's something I'm going to resell I don't let the auto factor into the price if it's not authenticated.

I don't plan on reselling and I really don't like the idea of having an authentication tag on the jersey unless they put it on the inside hem or fight strap. $20.00 is actually lower than I thought and since they are team issued Starter blanks I might get one done just because I'm OCD about these things and need to know.

I bought them from a guy who worked for the vending company at the stadium and they had a team day set up for them With the opportunity to buy team jerseys and have them signed. He bought two of the alternates and had Jagr sign them. I was going to have him sign an affidavit saying as much but I got a he!! of a deal on them and didn't want to rock the boat and have him waiver on me.

Both jerseys are exactly the same.

IMG_1247_zps8p3ckhig.jpg

Edited by LessThanZero

Hard to tell but he does his number a little better that that signature but these days and times people will pay for a worse scribble .

Hard to tell but he does his number a little better that that signature but these days and times people will pay for a worse scribble .

And that is where my concern is. I've seen autographs by him with a clearly numbered 68 and I've seen them where it looks like a "I'm going through the motion" 68. EVERYTHING can be faked, and I'd venture to say even some authenticated signatures are fakes, but I think I'm going to at least have one of them done.

The story behind the jerseys is that the guy I bought them from outside of Pittsburgh had them signed back in the 90's when he worked for the vending company that had the contract for the stadium. They had a team day and could have players sign items and had the opportunity to buy jerseys from the Penguins organization. He bought two and had his man crush fulfilled when he got both jerseys signed by Jagr. They are team issued blank jerseys (not imported Starters) and I was going to see if he would do an affidavit authenticating the above, but I got them for a song and a dance and wanted to get them in my possession asap.

I'll have to call the above company, the order form is way out of my realm of what is what and what do I need to get this done.

There is a 68 on there? I can't even make it out.

Yeah, I've found several that look similar to the one I have on several memorabilia sites. Looks more like 18 but we shall find out.

Edited by LessThanZero