NHL official press release: Adidas to take over jerseys

StayFrosty

I'd honestly have a couple of those white mesh Devils jerseys if they had the sizing right. They are pretty nice otherwise.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell and Ness has really been hammered since they were bought out by Adidas. Before they were big fish in a pretty small market which is nostalgia wear. Now every brand makes it and it's hard for them to compete when their stuff is overpriced and they have been lacking in quality lately. I think it was them who a couple year ago released a re-creation throwback of the 1994 Rangers Stanley Cup finals jersey of Messier and they used the wrong bottom striping.

Hope they step up their game, lower pricing (a t-shirt shouldn't be $35-45 retail) and finally know how long a jersey should be.

Edit: just remembered it was CCM that messed up the messier jersey. Still they need to step up on their quality that has gone down in recent years if they want to continue to try to sell these for $300 retail and way to long for most people to wear.

Think they were spot on, Messier was always a bottom

Edited by tomtucker

Having problems posting pics from mobile with this new format. 

Anyways, the jerseys don't appear to be a drastic change from the Edge jersey. Similar cut and collar looks like what was used for 2016 outdoor games. Perhaps slightly different materials?

Edited by FrontYardSpecial

• 1 month later...

So from what I am seeing so far, it looks like the Reebok wordmark is staying put for this year on the jerseys.  Can anyone confirm if they heard anything otherwise?  I thought I heard before this year will be the Edge 2.0's just with the wordmark swapped out for the Adidas logo.

Was hearing that Adidas wanted to put their logo on the jerseys as soon as this season.  Technically they could do it as they own Reebok.

It works if you just search using the item number.  The link is no good because of the extra character.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131877199888

Edited by LAK74

• 5 months later...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

just a practice jersey... hopefully it doesn't move over to the gamers

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/12/27/possible-leak-of-adidas-nhl-jersey-pops-up-on-ebay/

Edited by AlereFlammam

I don't mind it on a practice jersey. But only on a practice jersey. Many game jerseys have some sort of horizontal striping already, would look stupid to break that up with vertical Adidas stripes. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't mind it on a practice jersey. But only on a practice jersey. Many game jerseys have some sort of horizontal striping already, would look stupid to break that up with vertical Adidas stripes. 

I still think they won't put the stripes on the gamers/authentics.  However, if they did I would have to fully see it before I trash/support it.

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I still think they won't put the stripes on the gamers/authentics.  However, if they did I would have to fully see it before I trash/support it.

I agree with both concepts. I would add, if that were a Devils practice jersey, I may have bought one. 

21 minutes ago, furiousd said:

There are 9 or so apron-ish teams currently. They could slap some side stripes on those easy.

But I am assuming they would want to make them all the same, I am not sure there's a design that would work for every team. 

If there was talk about them not releasing Canadian made authentics to the public, why would they make authentic practice jerseys available when they currently aren't available through any retail venues. 

8 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

If there was talk about them not releasing Canadian made authentics to the public, why would they make authentic practice jerseys available when they currently aren't available through any retail venues. 

Valid question. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But I am assuming they would want to make them all the same, I am not sure there's a design that would work for every team. 

I am thinking there might be a lot of jersey re-do's like there was in 07-08 when Edge jerseys came out.

12 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

I think because generally the authentics are out of most people's budget while practice ones aren't.  Therefore they can expect more sales out of the practice ones.

I often wonder out of all Edge 2.0's that are not game worn or game issued that are sold every year, what % of those are from JB.  I am thinking fairly high.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think because generally the authentics are out of most people's budget while practice ones aren't.  Therefore they can expect more sales out of the practice ones.

I often wonder out of all Edge 2.0's that are not game worn or game issued that are sold every year, what % of those are from JB.  I am thinking fairly high.

I believe of my Devils blanks that I purchased new, one was from IJ and three were from JB. 

The IJ one was only because they offered a really good coupon that applied to jerseys and made it like $210. 

19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Fair assessment, but at what price point are these going to be retailed? With practice jerseys never being available at retail it's hard to say whether or not they would have been cheaper than say the premier jerseys. Because the edge 3.0 practice jerseys currently worn contain the pricier materials plus fight strap like the current game authentics. 

After looking at the eBay link, these appear to be indo made so maybe these are similar to info edges in the regard that they aren't made of the same premium materials. Also most teams don't use lettered and numbered practice jerseys. Is there any guarantee these are actually practice jerseys, and not just the seller saying so? 

Edited by Jdems93

6 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

Fair assessment, but at what price point are these going to be retailed? With practice jerseys never being available at retail it's hard to say whether or not they would have been cheaper than say the premier jerseys. Because the edge 3.0 practice jerseys currently worn contain the pricier materials plus fight strap like the current game authentics. 

This guy was selling them around $80; I would have expected that new Edge practice jerseys would fetch at least $200. So that is curious also.