Re-Lettering/Numbering of and Edge 2.0 Jersey...

y2jdmbfan

Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with having an Edge 2.0 jersey re-lettered / re-numbered? I'm trying to decide if I need to take the hit and just sell the jersey(s) and buy a new blank and get it re-lettered or if it can be redone without looking like crap.

Thanks,

Y2J

Depends on the jersey style, number, player, color, etc...

If you're going from long name to short name that could be a problem

If it's a dark jersey and everything had adhesive on it that would show up more and could be a problem, or if it's white the twill color may bleed out and show on the back

So on and so forth

It would help if we knew which style and player you were removing and going to

I've stripped many different styles and usually have been able to salvage the jersey to make it who i wanted, but not always-- it almost always turns out looking fine in the end though

Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with having an Edge 2.0 jersey re-lettered / re-numbered? I'm trying to decide if I need to take the hit and just sell the jersey(s) and buy a new blank and get it re-lettered or if it can be redone without looking like crap.

Thanks,

Y2J

I've stripped and re-lettered tons of Edge 2.0 jerseys at this point. The biggest question you're facing is how much glue was used to apply the numbers (obviously if it's a darker color jersey this can be less of an issue).

I've stripped:

- Flyers jerseys (no issues whatsoever)

- Blue Jackets jerseys (minor bleeding from the red lettering that came out with careful acetone usage)

- Avalanche jerseys (HORRENDOUS... glue everywhere, impossible to get clean)

- Oilers jerseys (no issues)

- Sabres jerseys (no issues)

It really all depends on the glue that was used and what color jersey it is. If you can pull at the jersey material from inside, and it comes away from the number easily then you're probably going to be fine. With a little bit of glue, use some Goo Gone or Goof Off and let it sit for a few minutes, then gently peel the numbers (don't force them off). If there's any glue residue, a small amount of acetone used carefully (with a towel on the back side of the jersey to prevent any color bleeding through) is ok as well.

It all depends on the care that was taken in doing the customizing. I've stripped like 5 Devils 2.0s that were done by EPS and it was really easy and everything came off easily.

I did allow them to remove the excess glue rather than doing it myself, but it came off 100% on each, no residue, you could never know it was stripped.

That being said, in your case I'd look into selling and debuting before I start. Both players are readily available and that may be the easiest way.