Game Worn Gold Penguins Jersey 1980s

pwsusi

Hi,

I hope this is the right section for the question, please forgive me if it's not.

I have a game worn Penguins jersey from the early 80's. It's the gold jersey they wore for 3 seasons from 81-82 through 83-84. Any idea what it's worth? I've probably had it for around 20 years and have no idea what it may be worth these days. Please forgive the lousy cell phone picture...

Thanks

20150820_063414_zpsyux2ej0c.jpg

General things for worth of a game worn include what player it is, how much wear or abuse is done to it, and the rarity of the jersey in general.

Can you tell us who wore the jersey and does it show significant signs of wear?

The above questions will significantly determine the value of the jersey, however, I'm pretty sure those "Sunday Gold" Pens jerseys are pretty rare regardless of player/wear.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I agree the jersey is somewhat rare as it was only used for a few seasons and is 30+ years old. As for condition, it's in nice condition. You can tell it was worn as there are minor marks here and there but no significant rips or tears. Player is #30 Roberto Romano.

I am considering selling but wasn't sure what to ask or what to expect if I send to auction. If not that much I may just keep it.

Edited by pwsusi

Thanks for the feedback so far. I agree the jersey is somewhat rare as it was only used for a few seasons and is 30+ years old. As for condition, it's in nice condition. You can tell it was worn as there are minor marks here and there but no significant rips or tears. Player is #30 Roberto Romano.

I am considering selling but wasn't sure what to ask or what to expect if I send to auction. If not that much I may just keep it.

Actually for game worn jerseys the collectors actually like more wear. The more the better.

Still a really nice jersey and even with minimal wear should go for a decent amount. I am not a Pens collector so not sure and would have to defer to one of them.

This is a few years old now, but a Sunday Gold Pat Price went for over $1100 in this auction, so depending on what you consider to be 'not much', you might want to consider auctioning it:

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1982_83_Pat_Price_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey_Sunday_Gold-1542-57.html

Good luck!

That is most likely a 1983-84 or 1984-85 pre-season jersey because the team ditched the gold unis starting in the 1984-85 regular season. Prior to 1983, the Pens wore Sandow mesh rather than CCM.