Customizer choice for NYR Stadium Series

Irishguy42

Hello!

I was fortunate enough to grab a legit NYR Stadium Series blank premier (minus shoulder patch, since they wore these during regular season too), and I was wondering who the best customizer was to get the shoulder patch (bought third-party) and name/number kit on it? I'm not sure if I should go with Exclusive Pro Sports/some other third-party company, or straight to the customizer NYR used for this particular jersey (not sure who that is). I'm in the USA.

In the case that I can't get it to the original customizer, and I need to use EPS or somewhere else, does anyone know what style cut the kits were put on with. Was this one layered, reverse kiss, or semi-reverse? I think NYR uses layered on their jerseys, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the help! Can't wait to rep my man, Derick Brassard!

Edited by Irishguy42

I assume the jersey has the NYR patch on the shoulder, but is missing the Stadium Series patch? If that's the case, that patch shouldn't be too hard to find. The official customizer for the team is Arena Wear, but EPS should be able to do the jersey as well. The jerseys are layered customization.

I assume the jersey has the NYR patch on the shoulder, but is missing the Stadium Series patch? If that's the case, that patch shouldn't be too hard to find. The official customizer for the team is Arena Wear, but EPS should be able to do the jersey as well. The jerseys are layered customization.

Yeah, it does have the NYR shoulder patch. Just missing the Stadium Series patch, which I already have on order. EPS does seem to have the customization option that I want, and I've seen a bunch of people reccomending them. Would there be any difference to contacting Arena Wear as opposed to EPS? Aside from pricing and whatnot.

Also, about the Stadium Series patch. I know it comes with the heat press backing/some glue residue when you take it off the packaging. Is there any way to safely get that off? Or should I just go straight from packaging to jersey and not worry about it? I previous bought a SS patch, and tried to remove the glue residue/etc, but ended up ruining the patch (so I bought another). Any tips there?

Thanks!

I know from other people posting now that EPS is about to get slammed with team orders and the turnaround time might take longer than Arena Wear, depending on where they're at. They also service multiple teams, not just the Rangers, and are a small outfit, so it might be good for you to get in touch with both and see if they can give you estimates on time. As far as the backing on the patch, EPS took care of that for me when I sent in some stuff to them. Pretty sure Arena Wear can take care of it as well as I've had them do jerseys with patches too. Once again though, never hurts to ask questions.

EPS will do a good job but if you send it in now, don't expect it back for quite some time. EPS, like other customizers, does the jerseys for multiple teams so this time of year is when they have an extremely heavy workload for their contracted teams, so consumer orders get put on the back burner.

I keep posting this every time it comes up. 4-6 weeks for current jerseys, 8-10 for strips, customs, and older styles. The month of September is essentially a no go other than contracts, so that 8-10 can become 12-14 if they aren't done by September. That's the quoted turnaround straight from Josh himself less than a week ago. They find time to get to private customers orders in between the contracted NFL and NHL stuff. It might take some time but it's worth it.

Don't let the turnaround keep you from using them. It's not like it will take a year.

I'll recommend EPS to anyone, but being that arenawear is the one that does the rangers anyway and it should be quicker than EPS this time of year, I don't see why you wouldnt use them.

Edited by JoeM7392

JoeM nailed it, but I'll throw out the usual response:

Use the customized that did the on-ice jerseys every time, unless there is some compelling reason not to. If you can send it to Arena Wear and get it done with 100% accuracy, why even consider sending it elsewhere?

I keep posting this every time it comes up. 4-6 weeks for current jerseys, 8-10 for strips, customs, and older styles. The month of September is essentially a no go other than contracts, so that 8-10 can become 12-14 if they aren't done by September. That's the quoted turnaround straight from Josh himself less than a week ago. They find time to get to private customers orders in between the contracted NFL and NHL stuff. It might take some time but it's worth it.

Don't let the turnaround keep you from using them. It's not like it will take a year.

I'll recommend EPS to anyone, but being that arenawear is the one that does the rangers anyway and it should be quicker than EPS this time of year, I don't see why you wouldnt use them.

Yeah, I emailed him the other day and he said 3-4 weeks for a turnaround.

Arena Wear does cost a bit more than EPS, but they said right now, the turnaround looks to be 1 week. I think I might go with them anyway. Also, they're in NY, so shipping delay would be minimized for me (I'm in upstate).

Yup, Arena Wear definitely seems to be the best choice here for many reasons.

Yup, Arena Wear definitely seems to be the best choice here for many reasons.

I just called them and the guy said that they weren't 100% sure what the shoulder patch measurements were (admittedly, probably didn't know them offhand), but I think I'm comfortable enough to send off the jersey. They said they'd be able to do everything else 100%, and even the shoulder patch if they had a picture or two.

I'm just a teeny bit nervous about the patch :/ But I trust them, since everyone else seems to trust them a lot! And they'd have the NYR patch on the opposite shoulder to be a general guideline.

That's what I figured, as I'm probably making it more complex in my head than it really is. Will they be able to take off the heat-press/glue backing on the patch if I ask them to?

I honestly don't think it will be a problem, but you can ask. I've sent jerseys to them to be done with 85th Anniversary patches, still in National Emblem packaging. I never even opened them, jerseys came back to me fine.