New Coyotes patch stealing Audi's font

mdwsta4

Saw the new Coyotes jerseys and upon looking at the shoulder patch the very first thing that I noticed was the 'A' is identical to the font Audi has been using to badge all their cars for over 20 years!

New patch

400height

Audi badge font

2015-Audi-A4-Badge.jpg

What do you think?

Oh, and here are the more of the new jersey pics

http://arizonasports.com/43/1845573/A-look-at-the-Arizona-Coyotes-new-uniforms

Who knows, maybe the organisation paid for the rights to use Audi Sans for the letter A. If not, we'll see if something comes of it.

Interesting side note, Audi Sans is based off of Univers, which in itself, is a very nice font.

Sorry, the web designer in me just geeked out.

I'm disappointed, not by the A, but the logo. I specifically stayed out by the stadium when I traveled to AZ for work to go get an authentic jersey at the Coyote's team store and all they had where the old jerseys in Medium. The cute gal that was working stated that they had redesigned the jersey to look "totally different", well not so much other than the away jersey and a different stripe placement. I was under the impression that the crest was going to be different as well. Don't get me wrong I like the crest (I like the older one better), but they made a huge hype for nothing in my opinion.

As a side note, when I travel I try to stay by all the stadiums for the NHL to get jerseys. It appears that they all or most of them will be carrying the Indo-Edge jerseys and not the 2.0 authentic. I did pick up an authentic Tampa home jersey and paid way too much for it ($350.00) I guess since was because of the Stanley Cup, but nonetheless, it's not made in Indonesia.

I'm disappointed, not by the A, but the logo. I specifically stayed out by the stadium when I traveled to AZ for work to go get an authentic jersey at the Coyote's team store and all they had where the old jerseys in Medium. The cute gal that was working stated that they had redesigned the jersey to look "totally different", well not so much other than the away jersey and a different stripe placement. I was under the impression that the crest was going to be different as well. Don't get me wrong I like the crest (I like the older one better), but they made a huge hype for nothing in my opinion.

As a side note, when I travel I try to stay by all the stadiums for the NHL to get jerseys. It appears that they all or most of them will be carrying the Indo-Edge jerseys and not the 2.0 authentic. I did pick up an authentic Tampa home jersey and paid way too much for it ($350.00) I guess since was because of the Stanley Cup, but nonetheless, it's not made in Indonesia.

I have never had any luck finding anything other than the premiers at the Den, to be honest. In fact, I have not been able to find anything other than a premier here in the greater Phoenix area. Not even at their customiser. I am hoping that the pricing for the gamers or the Indos go down a bit now that the new uniforms will release soon, but I am not holding my breath.

I have a premier home which isn't so bad, but I'd rather have an Edge.

As far as I know, most teams don't carry authentics at their team stores (sometimes not even the Indo-Edge).

As far as the price, most retail stores (unless they're running a sale) will have them at $300 (if they even have them). I think the Tampa ones are team issued, so that may explain the price increase (it's not cuz of the Cup Finals... that's been the price on those all season).

PensGear had Indos last season of the new 3rd. No 2.0s.

Thank God for JB

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, most teams don't carry authentics at their team stores (sometimes not even the Indo-Edge).As far as the price, most retail stores (unless they're running a sale) will have them at $300 (if they even have them). I think the Tampa ones are team issued, so that may explain the price increase (it's not cuz of the Cup Finals... that's been the price on those all season).

I've pretty much spent the last month tracking down which team shops carry what. It's hit and miss. The guys at the Blues store said they will be carrying the Indo jerseys but last season they actually ordered Canadian produced away jerseys.

I guess other than within this community, who carries or who can be trusted to carry authentic blanks?