Premier Customization?

LongDistanceHeart

I've been looking at getting a Pens Premier alt as a gift for someone. This person is not particularly concerned with correct fonts, and would probably look at me like I was insane if I dropped the coin on an authentic for them.

That having been said, I've seen some really shoddy customization on premiers, especially from NHL.com. Like, letters falling off after one trip through the wash bad. Anyone have insight on the quality I'd get from IJ? I'm not totally opposed to sending it off to the team customizer or another lettering company like EPS, but I thought I'd see what's out there.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

I *think* the Premiers at the PensGear stores (Pens official store) are sewn, single layer twill. At least, my navy blue alt is.

You could call the team store, either at the arena or on Pittsburgh's South Side, or visit their website: www.teampittsburghgear.com

IJ uses stitched twill on everything, so there shouldn't be any problems with lettering coming off. The crest or logos would probably fall off first, lol.

Speaking of logos/crests falling off, has anyone ever had the crest fall off of a replica/premier jersey? This includes the CCM 550's. I have never seen or heard of that happening, but I have heard plenty of stories of names/numbers falling off from heat-pressed customization. Just seeing if anyone has ever seen/heard/know if it lol.

And I can attest that IJ does do a good job at their customization and the one time I have ordered a jersey from them everything was stitched twill.

IJ uses stitched twill on everything, so there shouldn't be any problems with lettering coming off. The crest or logos would probably fall off first, lol.

Speaking of logos/crests falling off, has anyone ever had the crest fall off of a replica/premier jersey? This includes the CCM 550's. I have never seen or heard of that happening, but I have heard plenty of stories of names/numbers falling off from heat-pressed customization.

My sister bought a women's premier at prudential center last year and the crest might as well have been held on with chewed gum. It came halfway off the Jersey on its second washing.

Other than that every one that I have had has had the logos attached really solidly.

Speaking of logos/crests falling off, has anyone ever had the crest fall off of a replica/premier jersey? This includes the CCM 550's. I have never seen or heard of that happening, but I have heard plenty of stories of names/numbers falling off from heat-pressed customization.

My sister bought a women's premier at prudential center last year and the crest might as well have been held on with chewed gum. It came halfway off the Jersey on its second washing.

Other than that every one that I have had has had the logos attached really solidly.

Could be the fact that it was a women's premier. I didn't think they could make the premiers any flimsier until I touched a women's premier.

Could be the fact that it was a women's premier. I didn't think they could make the premiers any flimsier until I touched a women's premier.

Maybe, but I would still expect something that the NHL/Reebok has no issue charging $120 for would last more than 2 weeks. It was no big deal for me, I just stitched it back down, but that would really suck for a more casual fan that just wanted a jersey to wear. I know I would be pissed.

Heh, the fabric will get a field of runs before anything else. It is what it is.

I appreciate the suggestions; I'll probably go with IJ and the eliminated team discount. But the team store (somehow that never crossed my mind) is a good one to file away.

I'd go with IJ. As long as they get the font right, it should be nicer since it will be multi-layer twill instead of the printed single-layer. At the Kings team store, all the premade replica jerseys are single-layer and with nameplates (which the Kings don't use). And the nameplates are usually shoulder to shoulder which looks really odd/bad for guys with a short name like Brown or Quick.

I'll definitely recommend IJ as well. Every Premier that I've gotten from them has always been great quality. So if 100% accuracy isn't a major concern, go with them. They'll always be close on the fonts.

• 2 weeks later...

~

Speaking of logos/crests falling off, has anyone ever had the crest fall off of a replica/premier jersey? This includes the CCM 550's. I have never seen or heard of that happening, but I have heard plenty of stories of names/numbers falling off from heat-pressed customization. Just seeing if anyone has ever seen/heard/know if it lol.

And I can attest that IJ does do a good job at their customization and the one time I have ordered a jersey from them everything was stitched twill.

I had a Columbus Blue Jackets premier where after a hand-wash I noticed the bottom two points of the star were lifting up. I used some fabric glue to get them back down. Might have been a dud though, since when the jersey arrived (from NHL.com) the top point had a small crease in it.