Sandow SK Gunzo's Blackhawks jersey info. needed

TX2015

Found an awesome Blackhawks jersey, & am looking for info. on it. It is a 70/30 durene/dureen knit. It has the Gunzo's label stitched into the inside back neck, as well as a Sandow SK tag hanging over it. It is chain stitched, double elbows, double shoulders, a cotton fight strap, & Sandow SK printed in red on the back. It has #25. I am hoping that someone can help i.d. the year, & whether or not it is team issued, or a replica. If it is a replica, is there a way to clean it? It has only a couple of minor spots, but I am worried about damaging the chain stitching as it is in very good condition. Should I just hand wash? Of course, I am also curious as to any value. Link to pics posted below. Thanks in advance, any info. is truly helpful.

http://imgur.com/a/26btr

Edited by TX2015

Nice classic black hawks jersey. If it has a red sandow SK screened on the back hem then its a 82/83 season jersey. Does it also have gunzos screened on the back tail of the jersey? What about a nameplate on back? If the name sewn directly onto the jersey then its an authentic pro jersey sold only by gunzos. If nameplate is sewn on or moved could be a recycled team jersey. Also what size is it? Let me know if you're ever interested in moving it. Thanks.

The red SK does indicate 82/83 however the jerseys I've seen from that year also had Gunzo's screened on the left side of the jersey. The numbers also look a bit to thick for that era but that could be just the camera angle. James DuPont wore #25 for the Hawks those years and I've seen both his red and white game worn out there and they both sold in the $2k-3k range. Jerseys from that era if they were game worn were pretty beat up since they generally only had 1 per season and they were often worn for more than 1 season. Based on the fact that it looks like it has no game wear, there's no name plate and the font appears to be a bit off I'd say this is a customized authentic or possibly some type of team issued jersey from that era. It's not a replica. It's an awesome piece from that era, not sure what the value is but I'm guessing you'd fetch in the upper hundreds for it if you sold it off.

Thanks for posting some info. for me. I collect vintage clothing, so am familiar with materials/textiles, but have no experience with jerseys. I had figured that it would date 82-83 season, but didn't want to get ahead of myself since I am no expert in this area. I had looked at the players, & saw that Dupont was #25. I also figured that since the fight strap, & jersey itself is mostly clean, it wasn't worn in a game. Gunzo's isn't printed on the back of the jersey, and I don't see where a name plate could have been removed. Also, I was noticing when I researched jerseys that most of the time the players jerseys have a # for the size rather than letters. This is tagged XL, so does that give you guys a way to determine if it was a custom jersey rather than some type of team issued? It definitely is from the early '80s. I can't tell you how excited I was when I found this. I moved to San Antonio, Tx. from Chicago about 3 years ago, & never had a cool Hawks find when I was up north. Couldn't believe I found it all the way down here.

I've seen photos of a couple of early 80's Sandow Hawks durene gameworns, and they have Sandow neck tags exactly like yours, with letter sizes instead of number sizes.

• 2 weeks later...