Bobcat athletic

Flyers845

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that you guys who are anxiously awaiting orders at Bobcat can somehow try to relax a bit and not get too worked up about the wait. As I've said before, a typical wait can be between 6 months to a year. You guys who got lucky in the past and got a jersey back in one month are now simply seeing the law of averages kicking in. This is nothing unusual, it's just the way things have always been. Bobcat is a very small company- only 3 people actually work on the jerseys, and they can go from dead to super busy in an instant. So if someone says they think your order might be done in a week, it's very common for them to just get really busy all of a sudden, and that week can turn into months. I've had around 40 jerseys done by Bobcat, and I've seen this happen before many times. I'm not thrilled about this any more than the rest of you, but from experience I understand that that's just the way it is, so if you want them to do your jersey you just have to be OK with these kinds of waiting times, because nothing is going to change regarding their handling of private individual orders.

So I hope people here can just try to relax about their orders, as worrying or complaining about it is not going to help anything or influence the turnaround time in any way. Our stuff will get done when it gets done...

I hope that you guys who are anxiously awaiting orders at Bobcat can somehow try to relax a bit and not get too worked up about the wait. As I've said before, a typical wait can be between 6 months to a year. You guys who got lucky in the past and got a jersey back in one month are now simply seeing the law of averages kicking in. This is nothing unusual, it's just the way things have always been. Bobcat is a very small company- only 3 people actually work on the jerseys, and they can go from dead to super busy in an instant. So if someone says they think your order might be done in a week, it's very common for them to just get really busy all of a sudden, and that week can turn into months. I've had around 40 jerseys done by Bobcat, and I've seen this happen before many times. I'm not thrilled about this any more than the rest of you, but from experience I understand that that's just the way it is, so if you want them to do your jersey you just have to be OK with these kinds of waiting times, because nothing is going to change regarding their handling of private individual orders.

So I hope people here can just try to relax about their orders, as worrying or complaining about it is not going to help anything or influence the turnaround time in any way. Our stuff will get done when it gets done...

justify 4-5 months as much as you want, but it's ridiculous... period.

Yea sorry there's no justification. Especially when you lie to customers and then stop responding when someone asks for updates.

6 months to a year is completely ridiculous and there's no reason for it. Lots of other companies are small and have tons of team contracts and they manage to handle everything.

I'm at 4 months now. I doubt I see my stuff before Christmas. For stuff that got there at the beginning of July? Basically the start of the offseason? Sorry but that's completely ridiculous to try to justify that.

6 months to a year is absolutely asinine.

Well, then you can be very glad you're not a Kings/Lightning/Jackets fan!

justify 4-5 months as much as you want, but it's ridiculous... period.

I'm really not trying to "justify" anything. I'm not saying that 6 month turnaround times are proper, or a good way to do business. They aren't, and I think we're all in agreement on that. I'm simply trying to reinforce the point that that's the way Bobcat has always operated regarding private, non-contract orders. If after knowing this, you still want their service for whatever reason, then you have to accept it for what it is. Those of you who are saying how ridiculous the waiting time is surely knew in advance how long Bobcat can take; there have been many posts here already on this topic. I'm sure every one of you has already read these posts just a few pages earlier in this very same thread, as a matter of fact. Sorry, but to send in jerseys knowing they could take up to a year to get back, and then to say how ridiculous it is to wait even 4-5 months seems rather ridiculous in itself. If you're not willing to wait that long, that's perfectly fine, but then there's an obvious solution- don't ask Bobcat to do your jersey, and just go somewhere else.

I think the issue may arise from the fact that people figured sending them in the off-season wouldn't result in the ridiculous 6-12 month wait.

And also, being told "it will be ship next week" and then hear nothing when you ask for an update two weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, I agree with some of what you're saying. But I think people have a right to be upset at the slow work and lack of communication.

I will say this... I'm glad I'm not a Kings/Lightning/Blue Jackets fan... this will make me think twice about buying those teams again for sure!

I think the issue may arise from the fact that people figured sending them in the off-season wouldn't result in the ridiculous 6-12 month wait.

That's understandable. But in my experience there may be some windows of slow activity during the NHL off-season, but those windows seem to close quickly, as they have plenty of other stuff to do besides NHL jerseys that comes in constantly. I've had many items dropped off in the off-season, only to see them not completed until much later during the next season.

It's quite likely that I have more experience with what goes on at Bobcat than just about anyone else in this forum, so basically I'm just trying to pass on that experience so that people might have more realistic expectations as to when their jobs will be completed. Sure, I've felt everyone's pain as well, but over the years I've learned to deal with it and not let it bother me, so I don't feel a need to freak out, have an ulcer, or complain about it on an internet site, haha.

What's kind of ironic about all this is that all the long waits have actually made me appreciate even more all the jobs that I've gotten back from Bobcat. When you look at all the jerseys you see at Kings games, probably at least 98% of the post-Chevy logo style jerseys are poorly and inaccurately lettered. So few people know about Bobcat or would even take the time and trouble that we do to achieve accuracy, that it actually makes me feel really good when I look at my Bobcat-lettered jerseys, see a perfect lettering job, and know that it's a pretty special thing...

Amen to that! I definitely cherish the jerseys I've had done by them, always top notch work

I may still complain about it taking more than the thrice-promised week, but i'm bored and need to vent here and there while i'm waiting the 4-5 months it can take :)

Great news guys! I just got an email from Bob, and he advised that everyone's jerseys are complete and should be shipping tomorrow! Just in time for the Holidays!

Post them up in the "just arrived" when you get them. :)

Great news guys! I just got an email from Bob, and he advised that everyone's jerseys are complete and should be shipping tomorrow! Just in time for the Holidays!

Post them up in the "just arrived" when you get them. :)

I sincerely hope this is true.

I sincerely hope this is true.

I've been exchanging emails with Bob for a few months, some emails returned, some not, so this was a response to a recent email of mine. Being in Tampa and being a big Lightning collector, I've done a ton of jerseys with Bob so that's why I got the info.

That being said, I've never gotten an email when he shipped a jersey unless I inquired specifically,.. and even then, I didn't always get a response since he's so busy.

I've got a Hedman coming, and I can't wait! :)

True-- i don't usually get emails about shipping but i have gotten invoices at the time of completion, that's what i was hoping for

Waiting on a Hedman as well, can't wait to see it!

Well... maybe there's hope for my order, lol. I never got an invoice with my only other order there. But I don't care, so long as the jerseys get here soon!

My credit card has been charged! Based on the date of the charge, I'm going to guess that they'll be here by Wednesday.

It's two combined orders... basically looking at 5 months for the one, 4 months for the other.

Edited by dsl135

My credit card has been charged! Based on the date of the charge, I'm going to guess that they'll be here by Wednesday.

It's two combined orders... basically looking at 5 months for the one, 4 months for the other.

I didn't put my card number on the form... will that cause a large delay? Do they send a Paypal invoice?