Quebec Nordiques

lafountain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told him I wanted my money back. This was about a month ago. I don't really think I'm getting it back.

Sorry for pointing you in the direction of a fraud. It really sucks that things like this happen.

Oh come on now...don't even think about blaming yourself. How were you supposed to know? Don't worry about it. I haven't forgotten about the guy yet so we'll see what happens if I contact eBay about it.

The situation is that they apparently found a supplier to make the jerseys for them and listed them on ebay, clearly stating it was a pre-order that they would be shipped on July 10th. Their supplier has apparently not delivered and still hasn't caught up, now 3 months later.

The last time I heard from them was Sept 13th with an offer to choose a different jersey they had in stock or get a refund. Having been told that it was not a matter of "if" the jerseys would arrive, but "when", and since I live 20 minutes from them and couldn't get this jersey anywhere else, I have elected to wait for the jersey.

I'm disappointed to hear you have not received the refund you asked for. They are certainly aware of the problems and have no excuses to have not issued one, especially since they are not busy mailing out packages!

This entire thing comes as no surprise to me, since this outfit has all the signs of involving Eric Hanson, who has done business on ebay before under several other user names (all suspended for excessive negative feebacks) with a similar history of offering rare and unique items we'd all love to have, but no business sense on how to provide an acceptable level of customer service. Before this deal went bad, I was able to get an unusual CCCP jersey and a vintage Minnesota Gophers jersey from them, but with the usual slow delivery annoyances, but nothing approaching the feeling of getting ripped off.

• 1 month later...

So, I had an interesting conversation last night with someone involved with the L'affaire de Nordiques, as it will henceforth be known.

My fears were both confirmed and assuaged, as I learned that I happen to know the person behind the ebay ID "tangledupintwill" or "christopherkelly" or however the original ebay id read and consider him to be a honest, well meaning person who happened to get mixed up with the rotten, lowlife SOB who was "pro-twill" on ebay, named Eric, until his FOURTH ebay ID was suspended.

The story on the Nordiques jerseys is, despite the fact we've all paid for them, Eric somehow managed to not pay the supplier for the blank jerseys he needs in order to add the crests and numbering to. The issue is it's that it's the other person, Chris, the one I know and talked to, who's ebay account they were doing business under. The lowlife Eric was operating as the production end, while Chris supplied the sterling reputation and handled running the auctions, only to be left twisting in the wind when the lowlife Eric, who once more could keep his ADD/procrastination tendencies under control and mentally checked out on the whole enterprise, following his usual behavior pattern.

I was assured that Chris is bending over backwards to take care of everyone who is getting shafted, to the point of offering jerseys from Eric's personal collection to make good, or selling some on ebay to raise funds for refunds. If you have requested a refund, it went to Chris, who told Eric to issue a refund, since the lowlife had things set up so the money went to him! If you did not get a refund, it's because Eric told Chirs that he did refund the money, when in fact he blew it off for whatever reason. Word is that he recently had a baby with some health issues. Yea, it's hard to normally be rough on a guy in that situation, but with Eric it's always something, since he's a pathological sociopath who's always got some excuse in the works for his inability to deliver over any extended period of time and it's not below him to use it as an excuse long after it's relevant.

So, the bottom line is if you never got a refund, contact the ebay seller Chris once more, go easy on him since he's caught in the middle and trying to do the right thing, so he can light a fire under Eric to make things right if he doesn't take care of you at this point himself, even if it's out of his own pocket.

I was also told the scumbag Eric is about to get a new ebay ID and start selling jersey lettering kits once more on ebay!!! I will let you know as soon as I can confirm his new ID because his offerings are always quite attractive and his feedback is usually pretty good for the first month or so to sucker you in (especially if he takes over someones attractive looking ebay numbers and then changes the user ID), but in the end the price you pay for trusting him is disappointment and being robbed.

UPDATE!! His new user ID is "sieve!sieve!sieve!" - STAY AWAY no matter what his feedback looks like. I promise it will all go to hell soon enough.

Man, what a twisted tale! In the "fantasy jersey" section I asked CW about the possibility of making this sweet Nords jerseys, so we will see if IJ can come through while ebay was just a horror story.

I actually messaged him over eBay about a month ago about a refund and he sent it right out to me. I had it in about 3 days. Afterwards, I told him that I wouldn't leave any negative feedback for him so it wasn't all bad I guess.

It's stories like this one that have made me so leery of buying on ebay. I'm very into the online shopping thing, having bought a majority of my jerseys on online websites, but I like the idea of a brick and mortar building, or a corporate name behind my purchase, not just some guy saying he has some thing and will ship it to me, and it'll be what he says, or else....well, I can leave "Bad seller stay away F----------!!!!!!1111" on his page. Sure it'll help the next guy, but I'm still out my cash with an inferior product, or nothing at all.

I edited my post above, but feel strongly enough about this that I want you all to see this.

His new user ID is

"sieve!sieve!sieve!"

- STAY AWAY no matter what his feedback looks like. I promise it will all go to hell soon enough.

Don't believe me after reading this thread? Then try this - Gameworn.net discussion of this seller

I edited my post above, but feel strongly enough about this that I want you all to see this.

His new user ID is

"sieve!sieve!sieve!"

- STAY AWAY no matter what his feedback looks like. I promise it will all go to hell soon enough.

Don't believe me after reading this thread? Then try this - Gameworn.net discussion of this seller

I just found some other Infos in that thread.

Seller's Name: Bleacher Bums

Seller's Email: midwestjerseys@aol.com

Mngaborikfan@aol.com

Is that the same person? If it is, then I got ripped off by this MF too, like a lot of others...

I just found some other Infos in that thread.

Seller's Name: Bleacher Bums

Seller's Email: midwestjerseys@aol.com

Mngaborikfan@aol.com

Is that the same person? If it is, then I got ripped off by this MF too, like a lot of others...

Yes, those are previous names and emails he has used in the past. He's the worst and it's sad to see he's at it again - for now.

• 2 weeks later...

His new user ID is

"sieve!sieve!sieve!"

This guy had a Michel Goulet Nordique CCM Throwback listed on eBay not too long ago that I almost bid on. I ended up not bidding on it, but was definitely interested in it. I would have known better then if I would have joined here a few weeks earlier. That was a close one!

Thanks for the info. guys. I'll stay even clearer from him from now on.

Thanks also for your passion with jerseys. I am a new member here, but a long time collector and wearer. I never knew there were so many people out there that thought like me when it came to hockey jerseys. Now my wife knows I'm the only one who has hockey jersey "issues." Thanks for helping me feel a little more normal...whatever that means.

This guy had a Michel Goulet Nordique CCM Throwback listed on eBay not too long ago that I almost bid on. I ended up not bidding on it, but was definitely interested in it. I would have known better then if I would have joined here a few weeks earlier. That was a close one!

Thanks for the info. guys. I'll stay even clearer from him from now on.

Thanks also for your passion with jerseys. I am a new member here, but a long time collector and wearer. I never knew there were so many people out there that thought like me when it came to hockey jerseys. Now my wife knows I'm the only one who has hockey jersey "issues." Thanks for helping me feel a little more normal...whatever that means.

Welcome to the boards! Glad to see another Sakic fan around. I'm gonna try to hit up the Avalanche game on December 31st here in Phoenix.

As for this seller, I'll have to keep an eye out for this guy myself. Any word on the dealings with this guy and how its coming along?

Welcome to the boards! Glad to see another Sakic fan around. I'm gonna try to hit up the Avalanche game on December 31st here in Phoenix.

As for this seller, I'll have to keep an eye out for this guy myself. Any word on the dealings with this guy and how its coming along?

A few small updates on this seller...The Goulet that he had listed before, which I almost bid on, looked like it ended fine. Now he has the same jersey listed again. I know that things can happen, but given his shady background, it sounds fishy as far as the bidding is concerned.

He also recently won a 1996 Team USA World Cup of Hockey authentic. Good looking jersey that went for a pretty good amount of money. Too bad sweet jerseys sometimes end up in the hands of people that don't seemed to be trusted for one reason or another.

Just keeping everybody informed.

Hey everyone I am new here but thought I would post an ebay horror story.

I had purchased a Colorado Avalanche dark Koho jersey in early October from the ebay user mateofmilk and never recieved the item. He never responded to my emails or calls. This went on for over a month until paypal just refunded my money.

and the kicker...the guy did not know my name so I emailed him on a seperate email account asking about the same jersey I had won and...he responded quite promptly.

so watch out for Mateofmilk

• 5 months later...
UPDATE!! His new user ID is "sieve!sieve!sieve!" - STAY AWAY no matter what his feedback looks like. I promise it will all go to hell soon enough.

Just to be able to say "I told you so", check out who's feedback has now started to pile up the negatives and neutrals. And be sure to read the "positives" and how many of them comment on how slow the shipping times are. Also note the Detailed Seller Ratings and how those stars are slipping ever downward. It took 10 months, but the usual pattern has proven true once more.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...id=380025284589

Just to be able to say "I told you so", check out who's feedback has now started to pile up the negatives and neutrals. And be sure to read the "positives" and how many of them comment on how slow the shipping times are. Also note the Detailed Seller Ratings and how those stars are slipping ever downward. It took 10 months, but the usual pattern has proven true once more.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...id=380025284589

His feedback speaks for itself. Unscrupulous creep.

• 2 months later...
His feedback speaks for itself. Unscrupulous creep.

UPDATE!

Yes, it's time to visit our friend Pro-Twill / sieve!sieve!sieve! yet again, I'm afraid.

His NEW ebay ID is "sports-stitch"

I dont' care if he lists his location as Illinois either. He's sold a Vanek jersey (Minnesota Gopher) an O' Sullivan jersey (a Wild draft pick) and a Kirby Puckett signed ball. Sounds like a Minnesotan to me.

His old ID "sieve!sieve!sieve!", which I believe was his 5th different one on ebay, managed to rack up an astounding 49 negatives, and got suspended, but now he's back yet again to promise the world and take your money, leaving you bitter and frustrated.

STAY AWAY and I'll be keeping an eye on other threads to see when someone posts about this "great new seller" they've found and set them straight yet again.

UPDATE!

Yes, it's time to visit our friend Pro-Twill / sieve!sieve!sieve! yet again, I'm afraid.

His NEW ebay ID is "sports-stitch"

I dont' care if he lists his location as Illinois either. He's sold a Vanek jersey (Minnesota Gopher) an O' Sullivan jersey (a Wild draft pick) and a Kirby Puckett signed ball. Sounds like a Minnesotan to me.

His old ID "sieve!sieve!sieve!", which I believe was his 5th different one on ebay, managed to rack up an astounding 49 negatives, and got suspended, but now he's back yet again to promise the world and take your money, leaving you bitter and frustrated.

STAY AWAY and I'll be keeping an eye on other threads to see when someone posts about this "great new seller" they've found and set them straight yet again.

The guy is definitely a complete jerk. However, those hoodies he sold are pretty snazzy. Wish I could get one like that from a trusting and responsible seller. I won't take my chances with this guy.

The guy is definitely a complete jerk. However, those hoodies he sold are pretty snazzy. Wish I could get one like that from a trusting and responsible seller. I won't take my chances with this guy.

I just would like to tell you this is not who you think it is. His name is Brent and we operate out of Palatine IL. He used to live in Minnesota (moved to Chicago area 4 years ago) and we have dealt with this guy you are talking about. I don't think you should bashing our business like that. We have purchased several things from him in the past and also have been shorted product and some money lost as well. Some of the NHL patterns were purchased thru him (Lightning Alt, Fisherman, etc.) and we are going to try and make some of the hoodies he had made as well. We are trying to run a business here and you should get your facts straight.

I just would like to tell you this is not who you think it is. His name is Brent and we operate out of Palatine IL. He used to live in Minnesota (moved to Chicago area 4 years ago) and we have dealt with this guy you are talking about. I don't think you should bashing our business like that. We have purchased several things from him in the past and also have been shorted product and some money lost as well. Some of the NHL patterns were purchased thru him (Lightning Alt, Fisherman, etc.) and we are going to try and make some of the hoodies he had made as well. We are trying to run a business here and you should get your facts straight.

Woah, easy now, my friend. I was referring to the old eBay user named "sieve!sieve!seive!". JeffB said that this user "sports-stitch" is the same guy & I trust JeffB 100%! I mean the guy who's behind "sieve!sieve!sieve!" and "sports-stitch" is obviously a scumbag if he was to rack up 49 negative ratings on eBay in a short amount of time.

Woah, easy now, my friend. I was referring to the old eBay user named "sieve!sieve!seive!". JeffB said that this user "sports-stitch" is the same guy & I trust JeffB 100%! I mean the guy who's behind "sieve!sieve!sieve!" and "sports-stitch" is obviously a scumbag if he was to rack up 49 negative ratings on eBay in a short amount of time.

I help with the eBay auctions and we are not sieve!. Like I said we bought a bunch of stuff from him in Feb. Jerseys, patterns, and vector drawings. He said he was getting rid of everything. Ebay has checked us out because we had someone complain. We had to send in all of our info. SSN, suppliers info, Drivers License, etc. Yes we have some of the same products, but I don't think you should assume.