Shark Cat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I have a dilemma that fits in this category:

This Saturday Patrik Elias is having his "final lap" with the team during warmups before he retires.  I just got a ticket to the game and since he is my favorite player of all time I would like to honor him by wearing a jersey of his.  Problem is that I have 4 jerseys with his name; 3 are gamers and 1 is a replica.  The replica looks like crap as I had it done back in the spring of 2000 and has stains from years of use and the like.  That leaves me with 3 gamers; his 95-96 white River Rats, his 01-02 white set 2 and his 13-14 white set 1.  As you can see, they are all white and are worth a bit of $.

Question is which one do I wear?  Happy to hear any and all opinions in this manner.  Also of note I am sitting in the bottom bowl away from the cretins that are usually in the upper levels.

32 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

So I have a dilemma that fits in this category:

This Saturday Patrik Elias is having his "final lap" with the team during warmups before he retires.  I just got a ticket to the game and since he is my favorite player of all time I would like to honor him by wearing a jersey of his.  Problem is that I have 4 jerseys with his name; 3 are gamers and 1 is a replica.  The replica looks like crap as I had it done back in the spring of 2000 and has stains from years of use and the like.  That leaves me with 3 gamers; his 95-96 white River Rats, his 01-02 white set 2 and his 13-14 white set 1.  As you can see, they are all white and are worth a bit of $.

Question is which one do I wear?  Happy to hear any and all opinions in this manner.  Also of note I am sitting in the bottom bowl away from the cretins that are usually in the upper levels.

#1 you're  an elitist, Mr. "Cretins in the Upper Levels" ;)

#2 Not the River Rats. Too rare. 

#3 I'd wear the replica. Nobody else is going to care, and it makes more sense than wearing the expensive gamers and worrying about everyone who walks past you with a beer about to slosh over the edge of his cup. 

Of course, by that logic you'll likely never wear your gamers, which for me, is why I don't collect gamers and it defeats the entire purpose of collecting jerseys. But I know a lot of guys don't necessarily "wear them all" the way I do. 

Just now, CJ Matthews said:

Wear the gamer during warm-ups, see if you get a head nod or something like that. Take it off for the game and put it in a bag.

Also, draw a Devils logo on your chest and "Elias #26" on your back for after you remove the gamer. 

I never even wear an authentic to a game.  I am too worried the person next to me is going to spill his beer and/or nachos on me.  Then tell me I can buy you the same jersey outside for $50.00 as a replacement.  I usually just wear a team shirt at the stadium.  However, at home, I am all decked out in my best gear.  There has even been a time or two I have put on my hockey pants shell.  Yes, I'm a dork.

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I think it's obvious that you need to go like this:

14717617_678358728997611_795485702368893

Oh, I was assuming he was doing that no matter what shirt he wears. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

#1 you're  an elitist, Mr. "Cretins in the Upper Levels" ;)

#2 Not the River Rats. Too rare. 

#3 I'd wear the replica. Nobody else is going to care, and it makes more sense than wearing the expensive gamers and worrying about everyone who walks past you with a beer about to slosh over the edge of his cup. 

Of course, by that logic you'll likely never wear your gamers, which for me, is why I don't collect gamers and it defeats the entire purpose of collecting jerseys. But I know a lot of guys don't necessarily "wear them all" the way I do. 

Yeah def not the River Rats.

I wore a Game Issued retro night Andy Greene jersey last night and didn't get anything on it.  I am usually pretty good with keeping my more expensive jerseys clean.

I think for me it is between his 13-14 white set 1 or the replica.  Still have to decide.

I am not elitist.  I call them like it is.  However I will admit I sometimes go to games dressed like this:

Henry-de-Winter-in-Morning-Coat-with-Top

9 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Wear the gamer during warm-ups, see if you get a head nod or something like that. Take it off for the game and put it in a bag.

Good suggestion, but also seems like a bit of a hassle.  I hate carrying things around the arena as well.

Also with the amount of Elias jerseys around I doubt he will spot mine as a gamer.

7 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I think it's obvious that you need to go like this:

14717617_678358728997611_795485702368893

I would be worried about the face paint touching my jersey.  I would cry uncontrollably like a little girl if that happens and I couldn't get it out.

I'd add, I have never gotten anything on any of my authentic while at a game, except one Devils-Rangers game in the mid 90's that we still refer to as "the beer game", as the guys above us (Rangers fans and very, very drunk) spilled their beer every time they got excited. Happened at least 3 times. 

I don't think it was on purpose, I watched them and it was clear they were just drunk and stupid. They wound up giving us $50 for dry cleaning, which we took despite everything they spilled beer on being machine washable. 

They disappeared before the second period, never to return. 

Just now, Devilsguy said:

Good suggestion, but also seems like a bit of a hassle.  I hate carrying things around the arena as well.

Also with the amount of Elias jerseys around I doubt he will spot mine as a gamer.

I wear gamers almost every game I go to. Even when I don't I bring my jersey in a drawstring bag so I don't wear it at the bar before or after the game, only at the game.

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Which was game worn by the Monopoly guy. 

Well lately they have asked me to take my tophat off during the game.  Apparently it blocks the people's views who sit behind me.  Whatever.  The way I see it they should have tried to get more expensive seats like me.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

Well lately they have asked me to take my tophat off during the game.  Apparently it blocks the people's views who sit behind me.  Whatever.  The way I see it they should have tried to get more expensive seats like me.

You should just turn around and flick caviar at them with your tiny spoon. Hopefully they didn't wear their gamers. 

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, mfitz804 said:

You should just turn around and flick caviar at them with your tiny spoon. Hopefully they didn't wear their gamers. 

I already throw that at them in addition to condor eggs.

Also I don't like the Monopoly guy comparison.  He sucks.  Between him and Scrooge McDuck all the best ankle is taken around here.

If you wear that you will still get food stains on it, but the mustard will only be Grey Poupon. 

Broke a rule on this one. Went to an Albany game with some pens and sharpies in my pocket from work, ended up 2 rows behind the devils bench next to the tunnel. Wore this as it made sense, Brylin is an assistant coach and also happens to be one of my favorite players of all time. I ignored the screams in my head of all the IJ members crying out at me in unison for what I was about to do, and had him sign my first ever authentic jersey, one I had long before I found this site. Seems like a fitting way to retire it to a frame on my wall. Plus it was a 1.0, so who cares.

Just have to get another one now I guess...

20170407_223127-01.jpg20170407_223216-01.jpg

18 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Broke a rule on this one. Went to an Albany game with some pens and sharpies in my pocket from work, ended up 2 rows behind the devils bench next to the tunnel. Wore this as it made sense, Brylin is an assistant coach and also happens to be one of my favorite players of all time. I ignored the screams in my head of all the IJ members crying out at me in unison for what I was about to do, and had him sign my first ever authentic jersey, one I had long before I found this site. Seems like a fitting way to retire it to a frame on my wall. Plus it was a 1.0, so who cares.

Just have to get another one now I guess...

20170407_223127-01.jpg20170407_223216-01.jpg

That would be the famous "Holy Brylin" with the nameplate material affixed to the underside of the 8, would it not be?

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That would be the famous "Holy Brylin" with the nameplate material affixed to the underside of the 8, would it not be?

Haha, yup, that would be the one. I'm surprised even you remembered that.