Fantasy Hockey

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't noticed that until you said that Jeff. Gonna be a good race in the final week.

I actually got to thank Burns in person for all the penalty minutes last night. I took my son to the Wild practice today and we got to do a little "meet 'n greet" afterwards.

Burns may have helped you pretty much win the PIM category, but I see Mike Richards tried his best to help me win the shots category by taking 11 of them in Saturday's game.

• 2 weeks later...
All I can say, in the immortal words of Johnny Drama, Victory!

Congrats SabresFan.

Hope to do it again next year, but hoping try to get enough pre-season interest to get a prize of some sorts available.

Just a guess, but Jeff probably doesn't like the tiebreaker system that was in place for fantasy this season.

Just a guess, but Jeff probably doesn't like the tiebreaker system that was in place for fantasy this season.

You might think so, but since the name of the game is scoring, the number of goals should be the first tiebreaker.

But to lose the Semi-Finals on the 3rd tiebreaker and the 3rd place matchup on the 2nd tiebreaker? Man, that's rough. One more goal in each matchup and I'd be lifting the fantasy silverware over my head right now...

I can't help but think if Mats Sundin had stayed healthy I'd be a happy camper today.

• 4 months later...

OK, fantasy hockey season is coming up soon. Last year I ran a fantasy hockey league and it was pretty fun. Tried to establish it as a pay league with the prize being a customized authentic jersey of your choosing from icejerseys but only had 6 people interested in a pay league so couldn't quite get the prize part done. Would like to try and get this done again this year. Right now a Customized authentic on icejerseys costs $327.95 which for a 12 team league comes out to $27.33 each or probably rounding out to $30. If it is a 14 team league (highest I am willing to go) $23.43 is the rate which would round out to $25 then.

The league would be in a head to head format.

Now the possible issue: lots of people have expressed a major disliking of the new EDGE jerseys which is what the prize would be. I haven't figured out what other options I could go with on the prize but I am sure something could be arranged with the winners.

Just curious what kind of interest there would be in this. I am sure JeffB would like to try and get back in this since he finished the regular season in first then had two really good playoff series that both had to go to tiebreakers. Also pretty sure that SabreFaninNYC would like to try and defend his title.

OK, fantasy hockey season is coming up soon. Last year I ran a fantasy hockey league and it was pretty fun. Tried to establish it as a pay league with the prize being a customized authentic jersey of your choosing from icejerseys but only had 6 people interested in a pay league so couldn't quite get the prize part done. Would like to try and get this done again this year. Right now a Customized authentic on icejerseys costs $327.95 which for a 12 team league comes out to $27.33 each or probably rounding out to $30. If it is a 14 team league (highest I am willing to go) $23.43 is the rate which would round out to $25 then.

The league would be in a head to head format.

Now the possible issue: lots of people have expressed a major disliking of the new EDGE jerseys which is what the prize would be. I haven't figured out what other options I could go with on the prize but I am sure something could be arranged with the winners.

Just curious what kind of interest there would be in this. I am sure JeffB would like to try and get back in this since he finished the regular season in first then had two really good playoff series that both had to go to tiebreakers. Also pretty sure that SabreFaninNYC would like to try and defend his title.

I'm up for it!!! maybe i can get some better D this year...that's what did me in last year.

###### skippy I want to defend my title. Count me in. I assume one of us will set up a paypal account or something (or even snail mail?). In terms of the prize, we could just have it as a gift cert to IJ thus leaving it up to people for what they want. I am in agreement about the Edge jerseys and would definitely work hard to get myself a Nords jersey next June. Let's get it on!

###### skippy I want to defend my title. Count me in. I assume one of us will set up a paypal account or something (or even snail mail?). In terms of the prize, we could just have it as a gift cert to IJ thus leaving it up to people for what they want. I am in agreement about the Edge jerseys and would definitely work hard to get myself a Nords jersey next June. Let's get it on!

Yes, I would set up a paypal account to one of my non-primary email addresses. The gift certificate idea is very good that way I could just mail the certificate to the winner. In which case, I think $25 at 12 players is good that puts it at $300 in which case if someone wants an EDGE they just have to put up $25 or so unless they wait for a sale then they are good to go.

So that gives us 5 names in the league now.

Come on guys, you know you want to play.

OK, got 7 in so far. Still looking for 5 more. JeffB, DesertRat? I know you two were either in or had an interest last year, any idea if interested this year?

After talking to some of the ones that are in, the gift certificate is going to be how we go. The gift certificate also doesn't have to be to icejerseys, it can be to the jersey sales site of your choice.

OK, got 7 in so far. Still looking for 5 more. JeffB, DesertRat? I know you two were either in or had an interest last year, any idea if interested this year?

After talking to some of the ones that are in, the gift certificate is going to be how we go. The gift certificate also doesn't have to be to icejerseys, it can be to the jersey sales site of your choice.

Good thing we still have a little bit of time left. Can I automatically de-select all the Kings goalies in my pre-draft rankings? :doh:

I've never done the fantasy hockey thing and my experiences with fantasy football always ended with humiliation and ridicule, but it's not like I've got anything better to spend $25-30 on. You can't even get a knockoff Winter Classic jersey that cheap - nor a full tank of gas. So if you guys don't mind a fantasy hockey "noob" joining, count me in.

I've never done the fantasy hockey thing and my experiences with fantasy football always ended with humiliation and ridicule, but it's not like I've got anything better to spend $25-30 on. You can't even get a knockoff Winter Classic jersey that cheap - nor a full tank of gas. So if you guys don't mind a fantasy hockey "noob" joining, count me in.

Football is always a disaster for me. I start out like 0-5 have a huge run only to miss the playoffs and then claim the 5th place trophy. Fun! Baseball is even worse.

I will say with hockey, the season is long enough to make up ground if you start slow. I can't wait for training camps to begin.

Got you down.

I could possibly join in the festivities although I haven't looked at the format of the pool, we just doing a basic draft on points or h2h? Let me know or refer me to a page with all the info and I'll get back to you.

Well I got 12 names now, 6 have signed up. Just waiting for the other 6 to sign up, I have PM'd the info to everyone who said they were interested.

Well I got 12 names now, 6 have signed up. Just waiting for the other 6 to sign up, I have PM'd the info to everyone who said they were interested.

I was in upstate NY yesterday and there was a bit of chill in the air that morning. It is getting me pumped for hockey and for a start of another great FF season!

Well one spot for sure has opened up. Draft is set for 27 Sep.

If anyone is interested please feel free to post here.

$25 fee, $300 gift certificate to a jersey site to the winner.

• 5 months later...

Jeff, you're welcome for my help/ineptitude in securing your playoff clinch. :blink:

After being down 10-1 for most of the week, I did finish 2-7-2, keeping my own playoff hopes alive (barely).

Jeff, you're welcome for my help/ineptitude in securing your playoff clinch. :blink:

After being down 10-1 for most of the week, I did finish 2-7-2, keeping my own playoff hopes alive (barely).

He had a rough start last year too, but ended up with the 1 seed going into the playoffs. Lets see if his playoff luck from last year continues this year though (Note to anyone who wasn't in the league, his luck in the playoffs was not so good)

Well in the league I put together we are now at the Fantasy Hockey playoffs.

JeffB secured himself a first round bye and get to sit back for this week.

I just hope I can knock Akteon off in the first round and keep my hopes of winning the pot alive.

And just like the Fantasy Football league I run, the defending champ has failed to make the playoffs (In my football league in 4 out of 5 years the defending champ failed to make the playoffs the next season)