Fantasy Hockey

Well not sure if this makes you feel better but one guy got Scott Niedermayer from autopick and can't drop him since Yahoo included him on the Can't Cut list.

I hate that can't cut list. There's a star player or two I'm not a fan of and as soon as I saw them having a down year, I've been dying to get rid of and couldn't.

That would change with Niedermayer as soon as he officially retires I'd assume.

I'm actually blocked from checking my team at work, but think I've already got an injury to deal with as well.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that can't cut list. There's a star player or two I'm not a fan of and as soon as I saw them having a down year, I've been dying to get rid of and couldn't.

That would change with Niedermayer as soon as he officially retires I'd assume.

I'm actually blocked from checking my team at work, but think I've already got an injury to deal with as well.

Though the can't cut list does have its drawbacks, at the same time it is a good thing. Prevents teams from being out of the fantasy playoff hunt from just littering the free agent pool with stars. As for the Niedermayer thing, I am going to work with the manager of that team and I might be able to drop him from commissioner tools but am waiting til after the initial waiver period.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's time to get the league going here!

I need to put some board names with team names. Let's identify ourselves so we know who's Arse we're kicking.

JeffB is the Fighting Saints, the team logo pictured in my avatar from the World Hockey Association back in the mid 70's.

By the way, the Inglewood Jacks is brilliant. How many others know what that reference is to?

Ok, identify yourselves!

Hey guys, it's time to get the league going here!

I need to put some board names with team names. Let's identify ourselves so we know who's Arse we're kicking.

JeffB is the Fighting Saints, the team logo pictured in my avatar from the World Hockey Association back in the mid 70's.

By the way, the Inglewood Jacks is brilliant. How many others know what that reference is to?

Ok, identify yourselves!

I am Nighthawks, Otherwise is The Disaster.

I am Nighthawks, Otherwise is The Disaster.

I'm concerned that we already have two abandoned teams on our hands, as hockeyplaya00 hasn't been active since Sept. 19th. and The Disaster hasn't had any league activity since Sept. 13. and he's listed as league commissioner!

I'm concerned that we already have two abandoned teams on our hands, as hockeyplaya00 hasn't been active since Sept. 19th. and The Disaster hasn't had any league activity since Sept. 13. and he's listed as league commissioner!

I noticed the abandoned thing too. As for the Disaster, I think his username is *, I looked at it just after you said it. Mine still shows the * also next to my team indicating I am commish. No other user name info is listed for the Disaster and if you click his * it takes you to a profile.

Here are the ones I know of who they are.

Nighthawks - LaFountain

Cybertrons Seekers - LordStanley

The Fighting Saints - JeffB

Inglewood Jacks - BenPC

The Disaster - Otherwise

Collins Hill Eagles - HockeyCam

Those are the 6 I can figure out.

Well hockeyplaya00 just made a roster move, so hopefully he's back with us for the long haul.

Now I see the thing about the user name being "*". Odd and confusing.

Now, where's Lord Stanley been? It's two weeks since he's checked in.

I'm Eric Douglas 5hole. I usually play with some variation of Eric Douglas (son of Kirk, brother of Michael) in the name of my fantasy teams due to stories too long to count. Suffice to say it had to deal with initial Tom Boy love (imdb it), meeting him, befriending him (sort of) and then getting like 30 emails of condolences when he died.

I definitely check it every day but I don't have internet on the weekends so I just pray that the team I pick comes through by Monday. I have no idea how I am second but I am going with it.

I haven't abandoned! I've been waiting for something to happen to decide what picks to change. also I've been really busy with school.

I don't really know why my user name is *. but I'll see if I can change it to make it less confusing.

Sorry for not checking more often I normally just watch the highlights on sportsnet or the score to see how the players on my team are doing.

ps. I'm a she NOT he. :thumbsup:

i'm The Disaster.

I haven't abandoned! I've been waiting for something to happen to decide what picks to change.

Glad to see you're still with us. You should take some time, once a week would do, to set your rosters for the week though. There have been days where your 4 bench players have had games and players on your active roster have not been playing. You don't get any credit for goals and assists for players who are on your bench.

Glad to see you're still with us. You should take some time, once a week would do, to set your rosters for the week though. There have been days where your 4 bench players have had games and players on your active roster have not been playing. You don't get any credit for goals and assists for players who are on your bench.

Yea staying on top of this stuff is really key. Although I did go 1/2 of a season in F basketball without checking my team and I was second but hockey is a different beast.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, I'm on a roll and officially putting all of you on notice of my intentions to get a bye in the playoffs and WIN THIS THING! :hook:

OK, I'm on a roll and officially putting all of you on notice of my intentions to get a bye in the playoffs and WIN THIS THING! :hook:

Well you did a number on me last week, but if you are gonna get the bye then Northeast Nukes is gonna be playing in round 1 as I have no intentions of giving up my bye.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3 playoff spots clinched, 3 to go. Last week of the regular season is this week.

Congrats to JeffB and also to the Northeast Nukes for clinching already. Jeff has already locked up a first round bye as well.

It is fantasy hockey playoff time. Congrats to all who made the playoffs. Congrats to Jeff as well for getting the #1 spot in the regular season.

Hope we can do it again next season and possibly get a prize system setup for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, what happened? We were supposed to meet up in the finals and now we are playing for 3rd? I just got beat and you had to go to the 3rd Tiebreaker.

Good luck to both teams in the finals.

Jeff, what happened? We were supposed to meet up in the finals and now we are playing for 3rd? I just got beat and you had to go to the 3rd Tiebreaker.

Good luck to both teams in the finals.

Can you believe that? The third stinkin' tie breaker cost me a shot at the title.

Going into the last day I was ahead with nobody playing and my opponent had just one guy. All he needed was a single goal or assist to send it to the tie breakers and he got the single assist he needed.

poop.

I hope SabresFanInNYC (Eric Douglas 5Hole) wins this though, as it would be kind of sad if someone who hasn't done anything to their team since 1 Feb won the whole thing.

I hope SabresFanInNYC (Eric Douglas 5Hole) wins this though, as it would be kind of sad if someone who hasn't done anything to their team since 1 Feb won the whole thing.

Thanks for the support! I kind of got killed last night only playing goalies but am hopefully I can come away with the crown!

How in the heck do I have two shutouts and am getting beat on save percentage???

Many thanks to Brent Burns for going ape tonight and racking up 19 penalty minutes, but first scoring a powerplay goal! You da man.