The one(s) that got away

Guest Dr_Puck

Slim chances of that im sure some.one is gonna flip that jersey

Edited by Milo23

Hey guys. Haven't posted in awhile. I lost out on 3 auctions Saturday night. Detroit Redwings TBTC and a vintage Capitals jersey from one seller and a deadstock Sharks road jersey NWT from another. Sucks... SZ 44 on all. Maybe they'll pop up again.

Hey guys. Haven't posted in awhile. I lost out on 3 auctions Saturday night. Detroit Redwings TBTC and a vintage Capitals jersey from one seller and a deadstock Sharks road jersey NWT from another. Sucks... SZ 44 on all. Maybe they'll pop up again.

Gotta keep your eyes on the sale threads bud

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=3540

^ Those jerseys all ended up selling for almost the same price the seller was asking in his for sale thread here. It's unfortunate you didn't just buy them here before they went on eBay.

Edit: TMLFAN beat me to it!

Edited by LAK74

^ Those jerseys all ended up selling for almost the same price the seller was asking in his for sale thread here. It's unfortunate you didn't just buy them here before they went on eBay.

Edit: TMLFAN beat me to it!

I need to keep my eye on the sales thread here too going forward. Didn't even think about that. Thanks again

I need to keep my eye on the sales thread here too going forward. Didn't even think about that. Thanks again

YES!! LOOK AT ALL THE SALES THREADS!!! ;)

Guest Dr_Puck

Sniff. I just sold a jersey on eBay ... Even though I had a few of this team's jerseys, I think I miss it already.

Of course, that sale just allowed me to buy something that's been on my list forever.

Out with the old, in with the new.

And in some cases, in with the old. I have one ending in 16 minutes, if its a no go, its leaving eBay central (my office) and going back in the rotation. What is old is new again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got refunded on a vintage Devils Ultrafil size 54 I bought on eBay. Seller never shipped, had to make a claim, etc.

Been looking for one of those a long time and they rarely come up in the larger size.

Boo.

• 3 weeks later...

time-zones. Slept through the ending time after watching this forever.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111648662162

Anyone here got this one? Or was this jersey only interesting for this idiot-noob?

Edited by Silverback53

• 3 months later...

Right after the Devils-Rangers Stadium Series game, the NHL Auctions site (I think, maybe it was MeiGray) was auctioning off the Devils practice jerseys with the SS patch. I have wanted an authentic Devils practice jersey, and the SS patch would have made it even cooler, but somehow, I failed to realize that opportunity and didn't bid. Dummy.

This just came to me out of nowhere so I thought I would revive this thread.

I've actually had some passing interest in picking up one of the Devils SS Practice jerseys to pair with my period 1 SS gamer. Not going to go nuts for it though.

I'm not dying for it but I know some of them went just above $300, I should have at least been in the mix.

I actually have a story where a jersey got away from me only to end up in my collection almost 2 years down the line. It is that Devils Ryan Carter jersey I got a month or two ago that was worn by him in the infamous brawl against the Rangers at the opening faceoff on 3/19/12 where Carter was bloodied.

That jersey was up on eBay a couple of years ago and for some reason I just didn't bid as hard as I would have liked and I lost the auction. I immediately was kicking myself as I would have loved to have had it and it sold for a really reasonable price. Fast forward to a month or two ago and its up for sale again on eBay, but the seller is also a member of GW.net and GW.us. I contacted him and we worked out a deal for it within a few hours. While I paid more than what it sold for a couple years ago, I was still extremely happy with the deal and the fact that this was now coming home to me. It is now one of my favorite jerseys as it is also photo and video-matched to oblivion. I was told by the seller that I barely beat out another buyer to it and glad I acted quickly on it.

Sometimes patience pays off.

Although I have been buying at a pretty good pace this summer, I am upset that I didn't get that GI- D'Amigo Leafs. If I'm not mistaken, it was for the Winter Classic. He is my favorite minor leaguer and I know someone from here got it off eBay at a great price.

You know where to find it if you can find another to trade with. It's the winter classic style but not for the winter classic. They wore them two more times that year without the patch and writing in the neck area.

A couple of weeks ago a rare game-worn Boston College Frozen Fenway jersey came up on eBay. I was so excited, as I'd been looking for one for a while now. Unfortunately I was driving back home and didn't have access to my bank account. All I had to do was wait another 1.5 hours so I could get in front of my computer and make sure my money was in order to make such an expensive purchase.

Unfortunately, when I got home, the auction had ended early (presumably because someone else had purchased it), and I haven't seen another one since.

A couple of weeks ago a rare game-worn Boston College Frozen Fenway jersey came up on eBay. I was so excited, as I'd been looking for one for a while now. Unfortunately I was driving back home and didn't have access to my bank account. All I had to do was wait another 1.5 hours so I could get in front of my computer and make sure my money was in order to make such an expensive purchase.

Unfortunately, when I got home, the auction had ended early (presumably because someone else had purchased it), and I haven't seen another one since.

I'm looking for a notre dame one!

Yea, although I imagine that almost all of the specialty jerseys worn by college teams over the years were given to the individual players and are probably hanging in their parents closets.

Yeah I thought so just waiting for one to get out.