Ducks Bringing Back Basically Every Selanne Jersey of All Time

dsl135

Hows it a s***ty move? Supply and demand, if people are willing to fork out the money then they aren't charging too much, charging too much would indicate nobody will buy it. Just because it's out of your price range doesn't make it a s***ty move, it's a business and we may not like it but that's how it is!

say what ? It´s a replica jersey that cost 500 dollars, i say it´s both a s***ty move and a s***ty jersey ........and why do you claim it´s out of my price range.......i could be wiping my A$$ with dollar bills, and still not be dumb enough to buy something that is clearly a rip-off on some fans that perhaps don´t know any better and think this is a great game jersey .

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% certain, however, heard that the monies from the sale of the jerseys are being donated to Teemu's foundation, in lieu of a gift.

Not saying inflated pricing is right or wrong, however, if the market can withstand the asking price, then so be it. Each of us chooses whether we want or don't want to make that specific purchase.

If someone wanted to do it, could they not just get one of the Mighty Ducks logo patches from an ASG jersey (such as this patch http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-2005-ANAHEIM-MIGHTY-DUCKS-NHL-HOCKEY-4-3-8-TEAM-LOGO-PATCH-/121520342998?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c4b2d47d6) and put it on a new Wild Wing? Although they'd be pretty stupid to after spending that amount of money on the jersey in the first place.

I'm not 100% certain, however, heard that the monies from the sale of the jerseys are being donated to Teemu's foundation, in lieu of a gift.

Not saying inflated pricing is right or wrong, however, if the market can withstand the asking price, then so be it. Each of us chooses whether we want or don't want to make that specific purchase.

That's what I've heard as well. Portion goes towards his charity and also the Ducks Foundation.

If someone wanted to do it, could they not just get one of the Mighty Ducks logo patches from an ASG jersey (such as this patch http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-2005-ANAHEIM-MIGHTY-DUCKS-NHL-HOCKEY-4-3-8-TEAM-LOGO-PATCH-/121520342998?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c4b2d47d6) and put it on a new Wild Wing? Although they'd be pretty stupid to after spending that amount of money on the jersey in the first place.

I wouldn't do a thing to it seeing as its already apparently worth what it is, besides not many people besides us jersey nerds would appreciate the patch added.

I wouldn't do a ###### thing to it seeing as its already apparently worth what it is, besides not many people besides us jersey nerds would appreciate the patch added.

Plus, the value in the jersey is that its part of a limited run. Adding patches that are not "supposed" to be on that limited run of jerseys would actually decrease its value, no?

Yeah I don't know why anyone would dream of doing it. I was just saying that it could be possible. I'd recommend taking some anti-crazy pills though first.

Agreed.

Plus, the value in the jersey is that its part of a limited run. Adding patches that are not "supposed" to be on that limited run of jerseys would actually decrease its value, no?

That's a major faux pas in sports memorabilia. You really shouldn't alter an autographed item after the fact. May be able to make an exception to get additional autographs, but even that's a gray area. A limited edition piece like this, complete with CoA, will hold value. The second you alter it, it creates a certain level of skpeticism among potential buyers.

Even if you say to yourself, "I have no intention of selling this," it still would bother me. I've got a jersey I had lettered after it was auto'd, and it eats at me a little when look at it.

EDIT (not like this is my third edit, but whatever): Should add that my opinion here is clearly influenced by the fact that these jerseys are signed. Sorry if I got a bit off the subject there. Cold meds/ cough syrup/ etc. are kind of throwing me off today.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

That's a major faux pas in sports memorabilia. You really shouldn't alter an autographed item after the fact. May be able to make an exception to get additional autographs, but even that's a gray area. A limited edition piece like this, complete with CoA, will hold value. The second you alter it, it creates a certain level of skpeticism among potential buyers.

Even if you say to yourself, "I have no intention of selling this," it still would bother me. I've got a jersey I had lettered after it was auto'd, and it eats at me a little when look at it.

EDIT (not like this is my third edit, but whatever): Should add that my opinion here is clearly influenced by the fact that these jerseys are signed. Sorry if I got a bit off the subject there. Cold meds/ cough syrup/ etc. are kind of throwing me off today.

Even if they weren't signed, you are paying $1,000 for a limited edition 1 of 25; altering it would ruin whatever value it had as a limited edition because it would no longer be in "mint" condition. You'd have to keep it as issued to retain the value.

If it were a regular autographed authentic, then surely you could add something like, say, a Stanley Cup patch if it were appropriate (not the Wild Wing, just in theory) without affecting the value of the jersey. Doing something that would conflict with the COA for the autograph, like adding additional autographs, would be unwise.

But how come can Reebok/CCM use flo knit? Isn't it like patented or owned by Nike/Bauer/SP? Has Reebok bought the rights to it at some point?

FloKnit is a name that was given to that fabric by SP, however, it can be found under other names.

We use a material on our jerseys that is exactly the same as CCM/Reebok's "air knit" yet my supplier calls it "air mesh". Athletic Knit's fabric is the same and they call theirs AK-Knit.

adidas is supposedly buying out reebok/ccm I read.

Adidas owns Reebok/CCM, from what I understand.

It seems far more likely to me that Adidas spins off CCM. As they've pushed Reebok into more athletic training and running, they've discontinued non-core Adidas products. For example, when Reebok exited the lacross market, Adidas just let it die. On the other end, they either took over or let deals lapse in sports like soccer and American football (specifically college). They're also trying reemerge in basketball (taken a beating due to Dwight Howard falling off and Derrick Rose being injured). The only two team sports Reebok is still involved in are hockey and the CFL. I have no explanation for the CFL deal (which they recently extended IIRC), but it seems likely they're just going to spin off CCM and let it take over the hockey deal. They've already rebranded most minor leagues to CCM.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

FloKnit is a name that was given to that fabric by SP, however, it can be found under other names.

We use a material on our jerseys that is exactly the same as CCM/Reebok's "air knit" yet my supplier calls it "air mesh". Athletic Knit's fabric is the same and they call theirs AK-Knit.

Seems odd that Adidas/Reebok would use an SP knit jersey, and put CCM branding on it. Maybe it's because SP is still cranking out square-shaped jerseys and Reebok has the Edge shape?

It seems far more likely to me that Adidas spins off CCM.

They had one deal fall through already and a second is in the works...

Seems odd that Adidas/Reebok would use an SP knit jersey, and put CCM branding on it.

SP does it all the time for CCM, making many AHL and ECHL game jerseys with CCMs logo on them.

SP can make EDGE style jerseys as well.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

Seems odd that Adidas/Reebok would use an SP knit jersey, and put CCM branding on it. Maybe it's because SP is still cranking out square-shaped jerseys and Reebok has the Edge shape?

SP has made Adidas-branded jerseys for Wisconsin in the past, and they also did the first batch of the green Connecticut Whale jerseys that were Reebok branded.

SP has made Adidas-branded jerseys for Wisconsin in the past, and they also did the first batch of the green Connecticut Whale jerseys that were Reebok branded.

I remember reading an article about SP making Nike branded jerseys for one of the IIHF Hockey World Championships (I think it was the 2008 one in Quebec/Halifax where every team had a cool third retro jersey). They do really good work. I have one SP jersey in my collection made for VA Tech and the quality is top notch.