Hurricanes New Jersey

SabreFaninNYC

Courtesy of AOL Fanhouse.

canes_jersey_062607.jpg

I think it looks pretty sharp (including the striping around the shoulders).

I think its funny that a video game got the jump on everyone showing this one off. Interesting, because the producer said he knows what every team's jerseys are going to look like they just won't show them off in game until the team decides to announce them. So much for that apparently.

They look pretty good in that game screenshot, but I am withholding my true thoughts on them until I see them not as a video game picture.

I had already posted these, but they were in the Boston or Washington thread. Whatever.

Personally, I think it makes an already ugly looking jersey uglier. But, as lafountain stated, I'll wait until the real things are unveiled.

I agree. Don't like it.

I don't like that extra shoulder business on the red jersey, either. Granted, it's a video game pic. Maybe that red shoulder yoke would look better on the white jersey.

I have a bachelor's degree in meteorology and I still have to laugh, knowing that the Canes are not using the proper hurricane flag. Their shoulder logo is a flag for a storm warning; a hurricane warning has two square flags.

You can get storm warnings from winds 48-63 knots, if they are associated with a hurricane. Over 64 knots, it's a hurricane warning. They can twist it like that and it would not be completely improper. I always loved the use of the warning flags, even though they look a little goofy around the jersey.

Heh...nice dude. I thought I was the only weather geek 'round these parts! That always frustrated me too. When I bought the jersey for the first time back in 1997, I always tried to explain to people that it wasn't right but bobody ever understood why.

I don't really understand why they'd add those stupid stripes. I don't like it at all. It's almost like they're ripping off the old Oilers jersey. I love the red 'Canes jersey and always will but the striping is cheesy.

Heh...nice dude. I thought I was the only weather geek 'round these parts! That always frustrated me too. When I bought the jersey for the first time back in 1997, I always tried to explain to people that it wasn't right but bobody ever understood why.

I don't really understand why they'd add those stupid stripes. I don't like it at all. It's almost like they're ripping off the old Oilers jersey. I love the red 'Canes jersey and always will but the striping is cheesy.

I'm not a weather geek, but I just happened to know that the shoulder patch the Canes use is incorrect as well.

Great minds think alike, eh?