HELP!!! Removing vinyl/heat pressed numbers

This is how it looks right now.

2Tdln3N.jpg

CuPRPDi.jpg

sSPh5b1.jpg

I'm about to give up. Pretty much all of this was done with a hairdryer, a knife and a teatowel, over the last 24 hours. Nail varnish remover with acetone in it didn't work, wax paper and te iron just made the vinyl melt (on the A). The second 10 (with most of the vinyl still on) is the one I tried the iron on which just made it melt and spread across the sleeve.

Is my jersey able to be saved? Would EPS stripping/cleaning probably be the best bet? It's also worth mentioning the jersey hasn't been washed at all.

Edited by zooeyperry10

I would think that pure acetone might have worked better than that.

Whether you send the jersey to someone like EPS to salvage just depends, I suppose, on just how much that jersey is worth to you. If it were a rare authentic worth saving, perhaps I'd do it, but if it's a replica, the shipping back and forth from the UK to USA would probably cost just as much as buying another blank replica, and that doesn't even take into account what they might charge you for the cleanup. Not to mention that there's still no guarantee it will clean up perfectly.

If I were in your situation, I'd try pure acetone. It shouldn't cost much, and even if it doesn't work completely it could still be a valuable learning experience. And if that didn't work, I'd just look for a blank replica.

http://www.boots.com/en/Care-Acetone-Household-Solvent-50ml_983933/ Something like this? What would be the best way to use it? With the nail varnish remover, I was putting some on the vinyl spots, letting it soak in for 20 secs or so then rubbing at it roughly with the teatowel.

Thank you based NJD, will order it and update after it comes.

EDIT: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acetone-Pure-500ml-Nail-Polish-Acrylic-Nail-Remover-White-Screw-Cap-/281480785441 This works out as a better deal. This stuff good too?

Edited by zooeyperry10

Acetone came today, been using it on the jersey, but not the extravagant effects that I expected:

H9ar91k.jpg

nzLtomX.jpg

The vinyl began to crack as I scrunched and stretched the material, and some began to flake which meant I could peel a lot more, but now it just feels like i'm fighting a losing battle.

Acetone is no miracle cure. It can only do so much. It's a bit of a crap shoot really. Sometimes stuff can come clean quite easily and others sometimes just won't budge regardless of what or how hard you try. Like LAK74 for the sake of a replica it's probably best to just write it off. For all the time/money your investing in it, it's proably easier to just snag another Jersey.