Your Rarest Jersey

jjjoejr

I posted about it at the top of the page and here it is.....

My holy grail of jersey collecting!!! Only been searching for 5 years. Since I found out the Flyers wore ultrafil for only one year, 1987-1988, I have been searching on a daily basis for them. I was yet to get lucky until a few weeks ago I caught a newly listed "goalie cut Hextall jersey". Needless to say it is not goalie cut, just a perfectly sized 52. It's in pretty good shape but the customization job was god awful. It was pretty much the Islanders font on a Flyers jersey. I stripped it myself, used the #27 from a Flyers game issued and had my boy Slimcutta hook me up with orange ultrafil nameplate! I had the letters made for the nameplate and sent it off to Mike. Mike literally received it this past Friday 11-21 and I got it back Monday 11-24 somehow. Simply amazing to finally have it and see it come together like this!

015_zps307f38b1.jpg

017_zpsa4a18c05.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am lucky to own a handful of gamers that are fairly rare.. This Brandon Dubinsky warmup from Brian Leetch retirement night is rare and one of my favorite sweaters in my collection.

bExf7Z.jpg

RbLcXH.jpg

Ryan McDonagh CT Whale Green 1st jersey - photomatched

The first set of jerseys worn by the Whale (for both home and away games) while they waited for their official Edge jerseys from Reebok. Last minor league jersey McDonagh wore before being called up for good.

f1ef63ff89ab5c3dcab704abf70fc298.jpgf27b80bd15eb087fc87e978fb385d432.jpg

Sweet McDonagh... Wow!

Some of you have probably already seen this one

Bourque CCM/Maska-US mesh jersey from 1985, in extra small size 40

5zNhUh8l.jpg

VTkvRe3l.jpg

But, I haven't shown this one just yet (first pictures I've taken of it).

I could use some input on which year it was worn in, and what the actual back font was. I've definitely seen images of Bobby Orr wearing this style with the Bruins, but I'm at a loss for which year. Any help is appreciated

Mid/Late 70's Bruins Sandow Sporting Knit, size M?

ZqIQADJl.jpg

IGUH5QVl.jpg

This Torpedo Yaroslavl gamer is my rarist. I've never seen another of this style for sale anywhere. They were made by a company in Italy. I have a VHS tape of them wearing them in a game against the Binghamton Rangers. I think they only wore them for one season sometime around 1993. The sleves are only about 3/4 length compared to usual jerseys. I'm not sure if the player had them shortened or if all the gamers of this style were like that because I have other Zhukov gamers from other years without short sleves.

Zhukov2-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Zhukov2back-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Krendelev

Love the Torpedo jersey. And yes, it's Binghamton.

Thanks, fixed the spelling in my post.

Jersey on top is a 1986-87 Todd Ewen rookie gamer. These Ornest style jerseys do not come up for sale very often. In fact this is the only one I've ever seen come up for sale and I snagged it immediately. My favorite style Blues and a definite keeper.

blues1.jpg

Edited by steve108819

I honestly have not seen that Blues jersey on eBay, ever.

l

A Gilmore one just sold the other day. It was a replica but a nicer one with the screen printed full size logo (like the gamers at that time), but the lettering was slightly off so I didn't bite on it.

The jerseys prior to this one came up a couple years ago very very rare they weren't lettered home and away team issued and went for around $1,000 each. Wish I had the money.

The Rawlings mesh versions are better than the ultrafil heat-pressed ones. I've been looking for one of those for a while now.

Blues198485HomeGilmourfront-vi.jpg

Edited by slimcutta
:D

Not a gamer or anything, but I consider this Masi Marjamäki 1st (and only) NHL game jersey to be pretty rare. I don't know many people who have this. .

IMG_2051_zpsd43b7a3d.jpg

IMG_2052_zpsa8eb784e.jpg

Edited by oiler99