Your Rarest Jersey

jjjoejr

I'll go by categories, gamer and replica.

My prize gamers are both from the American Hockey League, circa mid-1960s.

A Providence Reds wool worn by AHL and IHL sniper, Len Ronson; and a durene worn and autographed by the late AHL HOFer Fred Glover of the Cleveland Barons.

The two replicas are the white and blue wool sweaters worn by the USA's defenseman John Mayasich at the 1960 Squaw Valley Olympics. I spent over a year working with 3-4 different vendors before we got these two right.

Barons3_zpse2749292.jpg

f36612c6.jpg

Edited by LouMarcon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rarest production jersey?

Authentic size 56 Edge 1.0 Blackhawks Winter Classic #2 Keith

2ZwUJDE.jpg

Overall rarest?

Premier prototype all star jersey from the switch to edge

Found out the origins when someone sent me a screenshot of a Reebok edge announcement video

11ytibT.jpgS5oxteo.jpg

My most rare jersey would have to be my 2005-06 Anaheim Mighty Ducks Corey Perry 3rd Rookie Game-Used Jersey.

Not only is it rare and imo the nicest/classiest Ducks jersey to date, it's a freakin Perry rc...ummmm, ya...sit on that for 10 years or so and just watch it appreciate in value.

Nice stuff all around, gentlemen. Good thread.

More pictures, please.

Two of my rarest:

Senators first year black with original 1992-93 nameplate. These jerseys were recycled for the 1993-94 preseason and many jerseys either had nameplates swapped or removed.

1210564_orig.jpg?358

3291369_orig.jpg?360

Marian Hossa black rookie jersey. He would have only worn 2 or 3 jerseys in this style.

6410709_orig.jpg?364

732500_orig.jpg?363

Edited by SensGameUsed

are those Lindros Gamers?

No, mfitz's Lindros was a "game worn" jersey but no proof or matches to speak of. Thus I pounced when it became available and turned it into a Lindros.

Slim's Lindros is a team issue jersey which I also had done up as Lindros.

Kits are to spec with twill nameplates like the on-ice version.

I have a Lindros white gamer (in my sig) with a team LOA but no photomatch to speak of.

None of my jerseys are particularly rare since I own one Indo-Edge and a bunch of 90s replicas, but strictly by the definition, I'd say my Thrashers 99-00 white jersey and my Rangers white Lady Liberty are both technically rare since they were only worn for one season each. The Pens early 2000s alt is rare-ish as well since the Koho version was only worn for two seasons.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Mine would probably be a toss up between these two

1978-79 Wayne Gretzky WHA Oilers - First pro season jersey

Gretzky did not wear #99 for his first game with the Oilers after having purchased Wayne from the Indianapolis Racers. The Oilers gave him #20 to wear for his first game against the Jets, making this jersey the first jersey he wore with the Oilers as #99

th_Gretzky-1978-WHA-F.jpg th_Gretzky-1978-WHA-B.jpg

84-85 Penguins road authentic - Lemieux's rookie season (Thanks to blurryhaze for this)

th_84-85Penguins_1_zpsc770abdf.jpg th_84-85Penguins_2_zps22f2b3e1.jpg

Edited by HockeyMusic

No, mfitz's Lindros was a "game worn" jersey but no proof or matches to speak of. Thus I pounced when it became available and turned it into a Lindros.

Slim's Lindros is a team issue jersey which I also had done up as Lindros.

Kits are to spec with twill nameplates like the on-ice version.

I have a Lindros white gamer (in my sig) with a team LOA but no photomatch to speak of.

Is the nameplate on your white gamer twill also? Just figured I ask in case I ever find a white one and need to get it done up.

Rarest for me (and a personal grail) is a 1987-1988 Flyers ultrafil. After 4 years of actively searching a size 52 popped up on eBay. It was horribly customized as Hextall. I'd post pictures but it's currently getting stripped, and I have an accurate Hextall kit and matching ultrafil nameplate (thanks Slimcutta!) ready to be sent to Mike tomorrow. There will be multiple pictures in every thread possible upon its return :)

Rarest for me (and a personal grail) is a 1987-1988 Flyers ultrafil. After 4 years of actively searching a size 52 popped up on eBay. It was horribly customized as Hextall. I'd post pictures but it's currently getting stripped, and I have an accurate Hextall kit and matching ultrafil nameplate (thanks Slimcutta!) ready to be sent to Mike tomorrow. There will be multiple pictures in every thread possible upon its return :)

Nice! Home or road?

Nice! Home or road?

Thanks! You have no idea how relieved I am to have found it, feels great. Its the orange (away?). They wore the dark colors on the road back then right? It's 2 years older than I am haha.

The rarest jersey I have is a game worn Cody Payne #64 Saginaw Spirit jersey from the first ever OHL outdoor game in Detroit at Comerica Park nearly a year ago. The jersey was only worn in that one game.

Specifically, the jersey in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC8jhB_CBsg

Is the nameplate on your white gamer twill also? Just figured I ask in case I ever find a white one and need to get it done up.

Yes, that is why I made yours (and Slim's) with a red twill nameplate.

I miss those two jerseys.....I hope you both enjoy them...

Edited by slimcutta
Absolutely. Thank you :)

Yes, that is why I made yours (and Slim's) with a red twill nameplate.

I miss those two jerseys.....I hope you both enjoy them...

thought about selling it for ever so brief a minute, but I knew I'd never see one again if I did. As I told you when I bought it, I had been looking for one over 20 years, albeit not aggressively. I appreciate the effort you put into it for sure.

thought about selling it for ever so brief a minute, but I knew I'd never see one again if I did. As I told you when I bought it, I had been looking for one over 20 years, albeit not aggressively. I appreciate the effort you put into it for sure.

Yeah, I am glad I didn't get rid of the gamer I have........I won't see that shirt again so I am glad the wife convinced me to keep it. I have received multiple offers for it from people over on gameworn.net.

You don't understand how long I waited until I was able to find them......luckily I came across a few of them.....

If you come across a white one......twill plates are the way to go! Other Generals gamers I have seen have had the same.....

I modeled the two red ones I had against the gamer....including measurements of back/sleeve numbers and the nameplate length and lettering...

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I have numerous game worns, retail authentics, across multiple sports, and team issued bowl jerseys for UM that I consider very rare. For hockey I would say my rarest are these game worns.

Game worn Hawks WC & Stadium Series

DSCN2490_zps529d4197.jpg

DSCN4327_zps164e01e1.jpg

Game Worn Capitals Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Commemorative Road Jersey

DSCN0455.jpg

Game Worn 2014 USA National Team Patrick Kane Olympic 1960 Throwback Jersey

DSCN4355_zpsfe06fd1c.jpg

My rarest one by far is my authentic 95-96 CCM Pens alternate. Got it for a hell of a deal compared to what I've seen used ones go for, I got it with the tags still on it. A grail for sure.

Some of the stuff in this thread is way out of any league I'll ever be in. Truly incredible shirts.

Edited by Adam